Canada 2006 (23rd Jan)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:52:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada 2006 (23rd Jan)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26
Author Topic: Canada 2006 (23rd Jan)  (Read 93053 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2005, 03:09:34 PM »

As with most Ontario New Democrats I have to make a call, do I volunteer for the Liberal or NDP campaign in my area. In Brampton West the NDP has the same chance of winning as about the Greens. I like the Liberal here well enough.

The election is coming, inevitably. Can't vote yet, but I still have to back a candidate.

Siege
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2005, 03:44:42 PM »

As with most Ontario New Democrats I have to make a call, do I volunteer for the Liberal or NDP campaign in my area. In Brampton West the NDP has the same chance of winning as about the Greens. I like the Liberal here well enough.

The election is coming, inevitably. Can't vote yet, but I still have to back a candidate.

Siege

Well, I refuse to vote Liberal under any circumstance (unless Belinda Stronach or Sheila Copps was running here). I'd rather vote Conservative. I will probably vote NDP, but I might go Green or Conservative depending.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2005, 06:24:36 PM »

Siege

Well, I refuse to vote Liberal under any circumstance (unless Belinda Stronach or Sheila Copps was running here). I'd rather vote Conservative. I will probably vote NDP, but I might go Green or Conservative depending.

I hate the Liberal Party as an establishment, but like most of their policies, and I like the NDP for the party, and platform, but there's a certain sense of reality I have to take into consideration.

Colleen Baumier, my MP is acutally a good woman, and I have nothing against her, but her party... it has problems.

Siege
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2005, 11:13:25 PM »

Siege

I hate the Liberal Party as an establishment, but like most of their policies, and I like the NDP for the party, and platform, but there's a certain sense of reality I have to take into consideration.

Colleen Baumier, my MP is acutally a good woman, and I have nothing against her, but her party... it has problems.

Siege

Yeah, I'm with you 100%. Although I don't like my MP (David McGuinty) all that much, as he is a Martinite. The thing you have to consider is that,  you are voting for a party more than you are voting for a person. Such is a fact in the Canadian system.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2005, 04:34:51 PM »

Siege

Siege

Yeah, I'm with you 100%. Although I don't like my MP (David McGuinty) all that much, as he is a Martinite. The thing you have to consider is that,  you are voting for a party more than you are voting for a person. Such is a fact in the Canadian system.

From what I remember, Ottawa is friendly with the NDP, and that's McGuinty's riding, perhaps the NDP can be competitive there, but that's not possible in the 905.

Siege
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2005, 12:12:27 AM »

Siege

Siege

From what I remember, Ottawa is friendly with the NDP, and that's McGuinty's riding, perhaps the NDP can be competitive there, but that's not possible in the 905.

Siege

You're thinking of Ottawa Centre. I live in Ottawa South. The NDP can't get any higher than the national average here, like they did in 2004 (with a star candidate).
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2005, 10:10:18 PM »

Siege

Siege

Siege

You're thinking of Ottawa Centre. I live in Ottawa South. The NDP can't get any higher than the national average here, like they did in 2004 (with a star candidate).

Ah. My mistake.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2005, 12:15:01 AM »

Siege

Siege

Siege

Ah. My mistake.

It just means I have to campaing in a different riding. I've already done a bit of work for the Ottawa Centre NDP anyways. I went to a few committee meetings too.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2005, 11:17:43 AM »

This should be an interesting week, this is when the writ is to drop...

Siege
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2005, 03:31:24 PM »

Siege

Where did you hear this information?
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2005, 06:26:43 PM »

Siege

Where did you hear this information?

Word on the mean streets, Conservative/Opposition Confidence motion it to be moved this Thursday I believe.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2005, 02:26:44 PM »

The no-confidence motion was introduced earlier today.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2005, 05:41:48 PM »

The motion passed. Election is probably going to be hashed out on Monday, at least that's what I've heard from word of mouth.

Siege
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #163 on: November 24, 2005, 10:41:22 PM »

They vote on it Monday. Election will either be on the 16th or the 23rd
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2005, 03:38:29 AM »

Time to change the thread title?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2005, 03:28:47 PM »

Play around with this:

http://predictor.hillandknowlton.ca/
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2005, 03:32:41 PM »

They did one of those for the U.K election; very fun Smiley
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2005, 04:05:16 PM »

They did one of those for the U.K election; very fun Smiley

Yeah. Though I have already found two bugs. Try and find them!

I emailed them about it.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2005, 07:59:40 PM »

I need to read up on the parties and leaders a little more to see who I will back.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2005, 08:25:54 PM »

Ugh...I don't know who to back in this thing...

I'm best charactized as a Red Tory (in the socially liberal sense)...

Given how the Liberals are a tad too corrupt for their own good...perhaps its time for Harper...even for just a short while?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2005, 09:19:16 PM »

Ugh...I don't know who to back in this thing...

I'm best charactized as a Red Tory (in the socially liberal sense)...

Given how the Liberals are a tad too corrupt for their own good...perhaps its time for Harper...even for just a short while?

You'd fit in well with the Greens I think. (Socially Liberal, Economically Conservative)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2005, 09:21:02 PM »

Greens? Economically Conservative?

What?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2005, 09:23:17 PM »

Greens? Economically Conservative?

What?

In Canada they are. Their leader is a former tory.
Polkergeist

« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2005, 10:19:29 PM »

What would happen if ( and its a big if ) if the Liberals fiish 3rd in seats behind the Conservatives and the NDP, who would they support in govt ?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2005, 10:41:27 PM »

What would happen if ( and its a big if ) if the Liberals fiish 3rd in seats behind the Conservatives and the NDP, who would they support in govt ?

Well, if they did finish third, we would be looking at a Conservative majority.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies