DEMOCRAT PRIMARY VOTERS ONLY: post-debate nomination poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:05:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  DEMOCRAT PRIMARY VOTERS ONLY: post-debate nomination poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you most like to see as the democratic nominee in 2016?
Bernie Sanders

Martin O'Malley

Hillary Clinton

other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: DEMOCRAT PRIMARY VOTERS ONLY: post-debate nomination poll  (Read 3086 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 14, 2015, 11:48:39 PM »

48 hour poll, results hidden until closure.

Go!
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 11:53:54 PM »

If the question was "Who are you voting for?" then Bernie. But honestly, for this question, I'm undecided. Lean Hillary I guess.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 12:05:24 AM »

If the question was "Who are you voting for?" then Bernie. But honestly, for this question, I'm undecided. Lean Hillary I guess.

BTW, this is exactly how PPP - and I assume others too - pose the question.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 12:09:05 AM »

I've found Bernie Sanders to be an actual fighter for the people and has had good, consistent values, no matter what office he ran for, from Mayor to Senator to President. His support of universal health care and debt free college really speak to me, and I find that he has been not only a more effective Senator than Hillary Clinton, but he would be a more effective President.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 12:17:27 AM »

I've found Bernie Sanders to be an actual fighter for the people and has had good, consistent values, no matter what office he ran for, from Mayor to Senator to President. His support of universal health care and debt free college really speak to me, and I find that he has been not only a more effective Senator than Hillary Clinton, but he would be a more effective President.

How?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 12:20:04 AM »

I prefer Sanders to Clinton and O'Malley.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 12:30:41 AM »

Worded this way, O'Malley. Who am I voting for? Sanders.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 01:00:39 AM »

Very #ReadyforHillary.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 01:12:18 AM »

How?

He's got a lot of accomplishments.

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/bernie-gets-it-done-sanders-record-pushing-through-major-reforms-will-surprise-you
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 01:45:02 AM »

At this point, it's doubtful I'll vote in the Democratic primary. Even if Bernie should be able to surge to the point where he has a chance of winning South Carolina, he'll get the nomination, so voting in the Democratic primary here looks to be pointless. Only if the Republican primary looks equally pointless to me by then, which is highly unlikely with so many candidates, would I bother to vote for Bernie, who I think is currently the best choice out of either party.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 02:02:09 AM »

Sanders.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 02:05:17 AM »

At this point, it's doubtful I'll vote in the Democratic primary. Even if Bernie should be able to surge to the point where he has a chance of winning South Carolina, he'll get the nomination, so voting in the Democratic primary here looks to be pointless. Only if the Republican primary looks equally pointless to me by then, which is highly unlikely with so many candidates, would I bother to vote for Bernie, who I think is currently the best choice out of either party.

The delegates in the Democratic primary are awarded proportionally both at the statewide level and at the congressional district level, so it isn't just who wins a state that matters. In fact, the winner could even end up with fewer delegates, such as what happened in the 2008 Nevada caucus.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 02:20:47 AM »

How?

Just in numbers, I believe the # of amendments passed by Sanders compared to Clinton was 200something to 90something. Of course that's not even including how substantive they are, but I'm just trying to find my source of that information.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 02:26:19 AM »

How?

Just in numbers, I believe the # of amendments passed by Sanders compared to Clinton was 200something to 90something. Of course that's not even including how substantive they are, but I'm just trying to find my source of that information.
Well considering the fact that he's been in Congress for double the amount of time as Clinton, it kinda makes sense for him to have double the amount of amendments.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 09:37:45 AM »

How?

Well considering the fact that he's been in Congress for double the amount of time as Clinton, it kinda makes sense for him to have double the amount of amendments.
Well considering the fact that Rubio's been in Congress, it kinda makes sense for him to have more experience than Ben Carson.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 09:50:57 AM »

IMHO Bernie doesn't want to be the nominee. All Bernie wanted to do was force Hillary to move further to the left during the primary season than she otherwise would've. I truly believe Bernie knows the Democratic Party is better positioned to win the presidency again with Hillary at the helm than himself. This seems especially obvious when following the Louisiana Governor race. John Bel has a fire in his belly (showing a true desire to win) unlike her opponents. They both seem to be going through the motions.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2015, 11:19:11 AM »

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2015, 11:32:15 AM »

None of the Above.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2015, 12:49:44 PM »

Sanders. I've only seen a few clips from the debate though.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 11:50:36 PM »

Hillary wins 49-39 Sad

Still a lot better for Bernie than his rl numbers though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies