Rauner and Baker hop on the crazy train: IL, MA suspend refugee resettlement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:44:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rauner and Baker hop on the crazy train: IL, MA suspend refugee resettlement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Rauner and Baker hop on the crazy train: IL, MA suspend refugee resettlement  (Read 16194 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2015, 09:06:43 PM »

Look familiar?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2015, 09:22:27 PM »

Look familiar? Do you agree with your party's former chairman?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2015, 09:30:29 PM »

lol Kingpoleon gives a broken link. A hilarious metaphor!

People (including Governors, apparently) concern trolling after the Paris attacks are either totally and willfully uninformed or playing for political points. I don't necessarily buy racist, though some may be. Because we actually do have a very strong vetting process.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2015, 10:26:56 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

In conclusion, you're a racist. And if you think this guy is legitimately a good source of information, you are delving deep into the realms of white
supremacist ideology.

This. Utter scum
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2015, 11:23:32 PM »

Weren't we supposed to believe that Baker was this great moderate? I never bought it and this just proves it.

Atlas is seriously comically deranged on what it takes to be a moderate Republican.  You're f^cking crazy if you don't think Baker is a moderate, and doing something that a DEMOCRATIC governor next door did doesn't strip him of that label...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2015, 11:29:47 PM »

Weren't we supposed to believe that Baker was this great moderate? I never bought it and this just proves it.

Atlas is seriously comically deranged on what it takes to be a moderate Republican.  You're f^cking crazy if you don't think Baker is a moderate, and doing something that a DEMOCRATIC governor next door did doesn't strip him of that label...

Baker is a moderate Republican. However, that says more about the state of the Republican Party than it does about Baker.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2015, 11:32:14 PM »

No need for the profanity, even if it is censored. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2015, 12:00:23 AM »

He's actually to the right on this issue of several Republican governors that we would not consider moderates
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2015, 12:32:18 AM »

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but of the seven identified suspects five were actually born in Europe,  one had been living in France for some time  and only one may have been a Syrian refugee (or posing as a Syrian refugee). Why the focus on the refugees then, shouldn't all these super-patriot governors be focusing on the Muslims born here?

Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2015, 12:46:51 AM »

He's actually to the right on this issue of several Republican governors that we would not consider moderates

It's ONE ISSUE.  People have varying opinions.  Overall, Baker and Rauner for that reason, are clearly moderate.  Just because they're conservative on an issue or two that really bother Democrats doesn't mean they're suddenly right-wingers.  Any Republican of the last, oh I don't know, 150 years would seem "tough on unions" etc.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2015, 02:47:24 AM »

Threads like these are great because you can learn who here are true racists like Green Line, The Hawk, and BigSkyBob.

My sole participation in this thread was to note that John Bel Edwards, Democratic candidate for Governor of Louisiana, also wants a moratorium on Syrian refugees. If that makes me a "racist," then, I suppose I am a "racist" as you define it precisely because you define a "racist" as someone who disagrees with you.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2015, 08:23:56 AM »

Threads like these are great because you can learn who here are true racists like Green Line, The Hawk, and BigSkyBob.

My sole participation in this thread was to note that John Bel Edwards, Democratic candidate for Governor of Louisiana, also wants a moratorium on Syrian refugees. If that makes me a "racist," then, I suppose I am a "racist" as you define it precisely because you define a "racist" as someone who disagrees with you.

Yeah, to be fair, you really shouldn't have been included in that list and I apologize for quoting it.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2015, 08:59:08 AM »

Maggie Hassan "jumped the crazy train," too.  But I doubt you'd phrase it that way, because she's a Democrat.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2015, 10:12:43 AM »

Argh, I forgot! It's impossible for Democrats to do anything bad! Roll Eyes
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2015, 10:15:30 AM »

It was the 2nd post in the thread.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2015, 11:05:40 AM »

"Maggie Hassan jumped on the crazy train"

Happy?
BigSkyBob

« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2015, 12:47:03 PM »

Since John Bel Edwards is standing for governor of Louisiana this week, and, supports a moratorium on Syrian refugees, it would be more appropriate to note that he "jumped on the crazy train." It is a lot easier to show the courage of your convictions when the election is months out rather than a handful of days.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »

Since John Bel Edwards is standing for governor of Louisiana this week, and, supports a moratorium on Syrian refugees, it would be more appropriate to note that he "jumped on the crazy train." It is a lot easier to show the courage of your convictions when the election is months out rather than a handful of days.

"Courage"? Let's not go that far.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2015, 03:10:59 PM »

Yep, "Edwards jumped on the crazy train." Now are you also happy?

Doesn't mean the other guy isn't crazier.

Any other conservatives want me to say someone is crazy?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2015, 03:12:29 PM »

Good for Hassan, Edwards, Rauner, and Baker.  Public safety has got to be a priority, and the last thing we need is more radical Muslims in the US, and I don't want to roll the dice with the refugees.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2015, 04:11:20 PM »

Over 750,000 refugees have been resettled in the United States in the past 14 years; not one has been charged as a domestic terrorist; the United States has one of the most strict and extensive vetting process in the world for refugees entering the United States. The refugees fleeing Syria are escaping ISIL, and forcing them to stay in Syria only emboldens them. To close our borders to these people because of a terrorist attack committed in France by French nationals is immoral, prejudiced, and wrong.

Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »

Over 750,000 refugees have been resettled in the United States in the past 14 years; not one has been charged as a domestic terrorist; the United States has one of the most strict and extensive vetting process in the world for refugees entering the United States. The refugees fleeing Syria are escaping ISIL, and forcing them to stay in Syria only emboldens them. To close our borders to these people because of a terrorist attack committed in France by French nationals is immoral, prejudiced, and wrong.

I am a little confused that this post is coming from an apparent Trump supporter, but it is 10000% correct. I could not have said it better.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2015, 02:35:40 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2015, 03:25:23 PM by Gass3268 »

Updated:

Threads like these are great because you can learn who here are true racists like Green Line, The Hawk, RFayette, Kingpoleon, and bronz4141.

Also US Conference of Catholic Bishops, the National Association of Evangelicals, and Anti-Defamation League all support the continued resettlement of refugees.

Also even France isn't jumping on the crazy train.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2015, 02:43:05 PM »

If you want the refugees so bad, why don't you take them in yourself?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies