Rauner and Baker hop on the crazy train: IL, MA suspend refugee resettlement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:59:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rauner and Baker hop on the crazy train: IL, MA suspend refugee resettlement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Rauner and Baker hop on the crazy train: IL, MA suspend refugee resettlement  (Read 16200 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2015, 02:54:05 PM »

I can't take them in myself, I don't think I could fit many more people in my 2 bedroom apartment. That being said I would have no issue if they resettled refugees in my apartment complex.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2015, 03:18:33 PM »

Updated:

Threads like these are great because you can learn who here are true racists like Green Line, The Hawk, BigSkyBob, RFayette, Kingpoleon, and bronz4141.

Also US Conference of Catholic Bishops, the National Association of Evangelicals, and Anti-Defamation League all support the continued resettlement of refugees.

Also even France isn't jumping on the crazy train.

I would note that the poster apologized to me for placing my name on this list previously, yet, failed to delete my name from the list when amending it. From this fact, the reader can draw certain inferences about the poster's concern about accuracy when making accusations.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2015, 03:25:42 PM »

Updated:

Threads like these are great because you can learn who here are true racists like Green Line, The Hawk, BigSkyBob, RFayette, Kingpoleon, and bronz4141.

Also US Conference of Catholic Bishops, the National Association of Evangelicals, and Anti-Defamation League all support the continued resettlement of refugees.

Also even France isn't jumping on the crazy train.

I would note that the poster apologized to me for placing my name on this list previously, yet, failed to delete my name from the list when amending it. From this fact, the reader can draw certain inferences about the poster's concern about accuracy when making accusations.

I dropped you from the list.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2015, 05:29:41 PM »

My own mayor jumps on board the crazy train - his justification? Japanese interment.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2015, 07:46:03 PM »

Rahm, City Council to Rauner: F*** Off

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20151118/downtown/chicago-should-be-sanctuary-city-for-syrian-refugees-rahm-aldermen

So much for Green Line's claim that the crazy train is bipartisan in Illinois
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2015, 08:48:42 PM »

Connecticut and Gov. Dannel Malloy are taking in refugees that were rejected in Indiana

Dan The Man continues to be a FF!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2015, 04:14:43 AM »

Leave it to Dan the Man to clean up a Pence Mess.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2015, 05:50:38 AM »

Why can't you take a right wing position without being called racist anymore? This whole thread is left wing militancy at its worst. And I say this as someone who supports taking in refugees.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2015, 01:13:41 PM »

Why can't you take a right wing position without being called racist anymore? This whole thread is left wing militancy at its worst. And I say this as someone who supports taking in refugees.

After reflecting on the situation and what I've said, I'm willing to take back my claim of people being racist. However I'm replacing it with the claim of xenophobia. The mentality shown here against folks feeling for their lives from ISIS is the same as the folks that turned away Jews escaping the Nazis because they might be communists, interned Japanese Americans during World War II because they are obviously going to support Japan over America, or demonized Central American children feeling from murderous drug cartels because they are only here to take our jobs. It will be a scar on our reputation, blood will literally be on our hands, and we will have to apologize for it 50 years from now.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2015, 07:50:27 PM »

Over 750,000 refugees have been resettled in the United States in the past 14 years; not one has been charged as a domestic terrorist; the United States has one of the most strict and extensive vetting process in the world for refugees entering the United States. The refugees fleeing Syria are escaping ISIL, and forcing them to stay in Syria only emboldens them. To close our borders to these people because of a terrorist attack committed in France by French nationals is immoral, prejudiced, and wrong.

Exactly. Here in Utah we have massively growing populations of refugees and immigrants (I worked at a thrift store that served many of them, from Somalis, to Vietnamese, to Iraqis, to Sudanese), and we haven't had any major problems from them. And if a state like Utah can accept refugees and immigrants from across the world, why not the rest of the US?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2015, 09:33:33 PM »

Admittedly, there are some liberals who are too quick to call others racist. On this particular issue, though, I think it's justified to call people who essentially argue that Syrian refugees are all potential terrorists are being unfairly judgmental to say the least.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2015, 02:46:36 PM »

Admittedly, there are some liberals who are too quick to call others racist. On this particular issue, though, I think it's justified to call people who essentially argue that Syrian refugees are all potential terrorists are being unfairly judgmental to say the least.
I don't quite think that Syrian refugees are potential terrorists. I just flat out don't care.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies