Rauner and Baker hop on the crazy train: IL, MA suspend refugee resettlement (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:50:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rauner and Baker hop on the crazy train: IL, MA suspend refugee resettlement (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rauner and Baker hop on the crazy train: IL, MA suspend refugee resettlement  (Read 16365 times)
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« on: November 16, 2015, 07:33:14 PM »

Presented for your viewing pleasure..

The US has no obligation to take these people in, especially in the wake of recent events and their refusal to assimilate. This is far too risky.

Hm.

If refugees had no economic or cultural repercussions, then why aren't places begging to get them?

What kind of cultural repercussions could people refusing to assimilate bring, I wonder?

Multicultural societies with people that refuse to assimilate face problems. It has nothing to do with color

You seem to be fundamentally misunderstanding the meaning of multicultural. You see, you can't have a multicultural society when you demand assimilation from all people entering the country.. also, you are aware that racists aren't racist because they have aesthetic problems about the color of other peoples' skin, yes?

why the idea of refugees as a whole is bad

So the idea of refugees is bad because refugees won't assimilate? Wow, interesting!

Most of the Syrians are white by the way

Kinda shuts out the racist card since only non-whites can be discriminated against

lol
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 07:43:02 PM »

Once more that's not racist. Immigrants assimilate. When they don't, there are issues. Period.

Like what? You keep saying there are issues when assimilation doesn't happen, but you've not mentioned what these issues are or how/why they occur.

Half the forum are racists, hardly shocking.

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Generally I'd say demanding that others assimilate to your culture is rather racist.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 07:50:46 PM »

Half the forum are racists, hardly shocking.

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

I love it when white people tell me I don't know what racism really means.  

Go whine on tumblr

Wow, lol. This is an almost comically depressing thread.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 07:56:30 PM »

holy sh**t
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 08:03:42 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

In conclusion, you're a racist. And if you think this guy is legitimately a good source of information, you are delving deep into the realms of white supremacist ideology.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 05:29:41 PM »

My own mayor jumps on board the crazy train - his justification? Japanese interment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies