College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:18:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Author Topic: College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread  (Read 54025 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: May 12, 2016, 04:40:30 PM »
« edited: May 12, 2016, 04:47:25 PM by Senator PiT »

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but here's basically a compiled list of all the demands initiated by college groups:

http://www.thedemands.org/

*gags*

Awesome. I imagine there will be a lot of blatantly unconstitutional stuff in here.

The sad thing is, the administration at my alma mater is already in the business of bending over backwards to meet the demands from our BSU, even though a bunch of them are most likely against state law and even though we are currently fighting a budget deficit that has necessitated cuts to numerous campus programs.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #401 on: May 12, 2016, 05:35:27 PM »

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but here's basically a compiled list of all the demands initiated by college groups:

http://www.thedemands.org/

*gags*

Awesome. I imagine there will be a lot of blatantly unconstitutional stuff in here.

The sad thing is, the administration at my alma mater is already in the business of bending over backwards to meet the demands from our BSU, even though a bunch of them are most likely against state law and even though we are currently fighting a budget deficit that has necessitated cuts to numerous campus programs.

The reverse of my Canadian alma mater, with its totally insane rector (which is literally hated by every employee and student there, due to his tendency to cut corners with laws, to stack committees and by rejecting every idea that's not his).

A group of students got too active in demanding things, so he ban the group activities from university premises and tried to get the leader expelled. As he knew the committee responsible for expulsions wouldn't go for it, he ended all terms before their ends, only reappointed people agreeing with him, filled the other positions with people agreeing with him, filled some elected-teacher positions on that committee by appointment because of emergency and did not fill some teachers position and the support staff/student position as he could not find people agreeing with him on that position. And changed the committee date last minute without communicating so they couldn't defend themselves there. And so, it voted expulsion.

Obviously, courts threw out that farce, due to the sheer number of rules and laws they broke in the process.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #402 on: May 16, 2016, 09:46:49 AM »

The President agrees with us.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #403 on: May 16, 2016, 10:05:33 AM »

How long until certain 'people' start calling Obama an evil microaggressive right-winger?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #404 on: May 16, 2016, 11:26:36 AM »

That's a really, really good quote. Hopefully it gets broadcast more, because he is 100% right and this is the attitude liberals everywhere should take.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #405 on: May 16, 2016, 01:27:26 PM »

That's a really, really good quote. Hopefully it gets broadcast more, because he is 100% right and this is the attitude liberals everywhere should take.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #406 on: May 16, 2016, 02:07:16 PM »

Indeed. While I still don't agree with them on the issues, I respect the old-school liberals who want open discussion of those issues. The trend towards Orwellian thought that is finding root in the universities is intensely disturbing.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #407 on: May 18, 2016, 07:42:03 AM »

Obama could do something to fix the problem, reign in his Dep of Education, but I don't see that happening.

link - Reason
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #408 on: May 19, 2016, 02:20:55 PM »

I'm pretty sure East Anglia came up before in the thread, but I'm too lazy to look right now.  Here they are again.

link
Now, to be fair, of the millions of people to throw square hats in the air after getting a degree in something, at least 3 have been hurt...and one even sued the school (it was thrown out of court).  So maybe the school is just being super extra double careful.  They are more aware at how soft the heads of their graduates are than we are.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #409 on: May 19, 2016, 04:11:40 PM »

Now, to be fair, of the millions of people to throw square hats in the air after getting a degree in something, at least 3 have been hurt...and one even sued the school (it was thrown out of court).  So maybe the school is just being super extra double careful.  They are more aware at how soft the heads of their graduates are than we are.

Law graduate hats are Octagonal.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #410 on: May 26, 2016, 07:26:51 AM »

Milo Sillylastname was invited to speak at DePaul, you know what happens next.

it's actually better than you'd expect.  The organizers were asked to pay for extra security ('cause, ya know, it's the fault of the speaker not the fault of violent infants doing the, ya know, violence) in case trouble broke out.

It did because people aren't allowed to have an opinion that differs from the BLM clowns.

Well thank the deity of your choice they paid for extra security.  link - youtubes

Great job there. Roll Eyes

link to story - college fix
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #411 on: December 22, 2016, 03:35:30 PM »

and as you would expect, the right is learning to play the same dangerous game
Quote from: Restricted
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #412 on: December 22, 2016, 03:40:25 PM »

But the right doesn't control academia, so it won't go anywhere.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #413 on: December 22, 2016, 03:41:19 PM »

Found this last week: UPenn moves portrait of William Shakespeare from English Department because he was a fcking white male
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #414 on: December 22, 2016, 03:46:27 PM »

So, according to SJWs, are white men just supposed to not exist anywhere?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #415 on: December 22, 2016, 03:49:48 PM »

Who cares if William Shakespeare is one of the most prominent English writers in history?!  HE WAS A FCKING WHITE MALE!!!!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #416 on: December 22, 2016, 06:58:36 PM »

The funny thing is that if they replaced it with Zoe's Neale Hurston, they'd be even more pissed because she was a Taft voting race traitor or something.

Of course, only socially conscientious pansexual young upper-middle class white women are allowed to decide that.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #417 on: December 22, 2016, 06:59:36 PM »

Hey, they are 1/64th Cherokee!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #418 on: December 22, 2016, 07:35:16 PM »

it's actually better than you'd expect.  The organizers were asked to pay for extra security ('cause, ya know, it's the fault of the speaker not the fault of violent infants doing the, ya know, violence) in case trouble broke out.

It did because people aren't allowed to have an opinion that differs from the BLM clowns.

Well thank the deity of your choice they paid for extra security.  link - youtubes

He spoke at FSU a few months back. I hate Milo. I think he's pro-rape, and as I said to Mechaman on the phone the other night, I think he's literally the embodiment of the stereotypical sadistic, psychotic homosexual that homophobes used to spread during the whole Day Care Satanic Abuse pandemic in the 1980s.

That being said, the behavior of the students at FSU (which included forming a human chain around the auditorium and threats of assault) was disgusting. Perhaps the Trumpletariet needs to start playing this game and respond in kind.

It's so sad that so many college students are resorting to Gestapo tactics. It makes me fearful that the 1990-2000 generation will be far, far, far worse than anything said about the Baby Boomers.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #419 on: December 24, 2016, 01:46:30 PM »

Why is it so hard for colleges to ignore a few idiots?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #420 on: December 24, 2016, 04:04:35 PM »

Because the faculty, or at least a large segment of it, supports their nonsense. The idiots didn't just pick it up out of the void; they are taught to engage in this behavior by their professors.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #421 on: December 24, 2016, 04:28:43 PM »

Because the faculty, or at least a large segment of it, supports their nonsense. The idiots didn't just pick it up out of the void; they are taught to engage in this behavior by their professors.
Not really. College academia may be left wing, but outside of some sociologists, no one's advocating this.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #422 on: December 24, 2016, 04:32:38 PM »

I feel fortunate going to a small college where probably a majority of the student body is quite liberal, but not to the point that they try to "zero platform" everybody they disagree with.  Mike Pence came to my college last October as part of a campaign event, and yeah, there were protests (which I sadly wasn't able to attend because I've been out of the state for the last year), but they were wholesome and peaceful and didn't bring any unwanted controversy or embarrassment to my future alma mater.

I'd even go as far to say that one probably gets a much better educational experience at smaller colleges than those expensive, big-name universities.  But I digress.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #423 on: December 24, 2016, 05:06:27 PM »

He spoke at FSU a few months back. I hate Milo. I think he's pro-rape, and as I said to Mechaman on the phone the other night, I think he's literally the embodiment of the stereotypical sadistic, psychotic homosexual that homophobes used to spread during the whole Day Care Satanic Abuse pandemic in the 1980s.

That being said, the behavior of the students at FSU (which included forming a human chain around the auditorium and threats of assault) was disgusting. Perhaps the Trumpletariet needs to start playing this game and respond in kind.

It's so sad that so many college students are resorting to Gestapo tactics. It makes me fearful that the 1990-2000 generation will be far, far, far worse than anything said about the Baby Boomers.

But Sanchez tell me how you really feel about him
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #424 on: December 26, 2016, 01:16:04 PM »

College campuses have always been a breeding ground for left wing nutjobs

Literally none of this is new
thankfully nobody has suggested otherwise
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to: