College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:08:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread  (Read 54344 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: November 16, 2015, 11:34:11 PM »

As a college student, I'm happy to be frustrating people like you.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 10:23:46 AM »

Should clarify that there are plenty of good reasons to be concerned about having a mascot that draws extra attention to the fact that your school is (and is in a town) named after Jeffrey Amherst, but that particular quote is ridiculous.

And I should clarify that my post was directed at Smilo, not you.

I should also clarify that that quote was indeed ridiculous; it's just that the fact that many Republicans and right-wingers seem to be upset by anything remotely good done by left-leaning college students makes me really satisfied that we must be doing something right.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 04:32:36 PM »

Should clarify that there are plenty of good reasons to be concerned about having a mascot that draws extra attention to the fact that your school is (and is in a town) named after Jeffrey Amherst, but that particular quote is ridiculous.

And I should clarify that my post was directed at Smilo, not you.

I should also clarify that that quote was indeed ridiculous; it's just that the fact that many Republicans and right-wingers seem to be upset by anything remotely good done by left-leaning college students makes me really satisfied that we must be doing something right.
"We." You're barely older than Classic Conservative and Dar from what I can tell.

I'm older than you.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 02:40:04 PM »

The current state of free speech on college campuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCcp36n2cDg

This is the mode of discourse that are being produced in our institutions of higher learning. Is this really what we've turned into?

I don't have time to watch now, but I just want to point out that UMass is different from Amherst College.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 06:51:07 PM »

The most stereotypical SJW ever goes crazy at "The Triggering" at the University of Massachusetts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY1H1rZL53I

Best part is when she says "stop talking to us like we're children"

Those speakers are terrible. I don't blame the protesters.

Also I think I recognize one of the Republican audience members in the video.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 05:26:25 AM »

The regressive left (mostly misguided, angry feminists) took over positions at colleges and universities and spread these intolerant ideas to their students.

Weird to see conservatives, along with libertarians wage the war for free speech vs these brainwashed fools of the left.

They're not really defending free speech. Just the free speech of people who agree with them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies