College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:36:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread  (Read 54309 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 21, 2015, 07:20:31 AM »

Reporters barred from Smith College sit-in held in solidarity with University of Missouri students unless they support movement

You must be logged in to read this quote.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 02:57:15 PM »

GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY ALLOWS FLAGS TO FLY FROM DORM ROOMS — UNLESS THEY’RE PALESTINIAN
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 04:03:32 AM »

I'm not sure why this post belong in this thread, I think it's a legitimate complaint, we can disagree or agree about Palestinian nationhood, but it's a little weird that Palestinian flags are singled out.
I agree with Palestinian statehood (they should have it), and they would have it if their leaders would stop being c**nts.  No flag should be singled out.  If it's legal to hang flags from dorm rooms (and it should be) then no flag should be banned.
Yeah, are you implying college liberals hate Palestine? Because that's certainly not true.
Of course many college liberals love Palestine, they're perceived as victims right?  Many of these same people have been pressuring the admins to deny free speech to people they find offensive.  It bit them in the ass.  It's funny, makes fun of the right people and is applicable to this thread.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 04:50:26 PM »

Yeah, I was going to post that when I had more time.  It's like something out of the Onion.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 09:58:59 AM »

Don't worry oh fighters for the downtrodden, the school has apologized and cleared his record.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 08:09:03 PM »

Cornell:You Can Put Up Anything You Want <for Christmas decorations> As Long As It’s a Snowflake
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 10:08:54 PM »

Most students are studying under the pall of five-figure debt, marginal job prospects at graduation, and parents whose retirement remains totally unsecured. Nearly half of them won't finish their degrees, and increasingly large shares attend "schools" that we wouldn't recognize as institutions of higher learning in the first place.
Those people have made a horrible decision and the people that told them it was a good idea should be slapped and educated.  If a person wants to study something near worthless that's fine, but they shouldn't come crying to the rest of us with a hat out when they can't get a job with their degree in Ancient Greek pottery.
Except nobody is doing that.
It attracts attention for the same reason any other loud, selfish idiots attract attention....it's easy and fun.  It's extra fun when they eat their own, which these stories are often about.

Are you suggesting we not make fun of these people?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 01:56:27 PM »

meh, I'm a dick.  Doesn't come up much in real life, but I certainly can be a dick there too.  I'm not unique.  Especially not here.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 11:51:22 AM »

I don't know what to tell you man, I don't feel proud of it if that makes you feel any better.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 03:54:30 PM »

Laurentian prof removed from teaching first year psychology course
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 05:46:41 PM »

youtubes of campus security at Texas explaining why he wrote someone a citation for offending someone else

His department later apologized and voided the citation, still, who narcs to the cops 'cause they're offended?  What kind of cop thinks being offensive is a crime?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 11:25:56 AM »

A little international flavor.....

Goldsmiths Uni of London's Atheist society invites an ex-Muslim to speak.  The usual suspects that hate free speech bitch.  She comes to speak anyway.  The anti-liberty brigade attempts the always popular heckler's veto, fail at it, then cry racism.  The useful idiots that make up modern feminism and LGBT activists defend the women hating scum for reasons I still don't really understand, but that would probably need it's own thread.

The school didn't want the video getting out, it did.  So they had to do something, some kind of punishment right?  You can't threaten people, you can't shout down invited speakers, you can't create a threatening environment at a liberal arts university in 2016 right?  The school's response:
Seems they care a lot more about limiting who will be speaking in the future than it does punishing the freedom hating ass clowns (that remember, tried to lie about the incident and had the school blocked the video like they tried, the lie would have been "the official story" no doubt).

Of course this is the same place that thinks remembering the Holocaust is Euro-centric and thinks it's ok to ban people from events because of their sex and race.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 06:51:17 AM »

A group at Cal State-LA is hosting an event called  “When Diversity Becomes a Problem" was going to be about the left and it's hatred of free speech.  You know where this is going.  After an Assistant Prof threatened to beat up anybody that was for the event, the Dean canceled the event because there wasn't someone from the other side there to debate the invited guest.  Nevermind that the day before this event the Uni has a lecture by Angela Davis and Tim Wise, the subject? “the U.S.’s uncritical embrace of individualism, myth of meritocracy, unchallenged white supremacy, and entrenched institutional inequity in our society,”.  Do you think they are going to have someone on the other side to debate?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 05:29:22 PM »

High School this time....
Kid steals teacher's phone when she is out of the classroom doing teacher stuff.  Kid goes through files on phone.  Kids finds semi-naughty pics of teacher.  Kid forwards picture around school.  Teacher gets fired and may face charges?  Yep.  Kid gets in no trouble?  Yep.

In NYC you can't fire a teacher for anything, in South Carolina they get fired if their phone gets stolen.

oh, and they may press charges against her
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 06:03:47 PM »

k
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 12:27:21 AM »

link - WaPo
Somebody threw a tequila party, tiny sombreros were worn.  Clearly that's a huge violation of somebody's civil rights so heads need to roll.  Administrators at colleges are little babies, afraid of perpetual victims.  My favorite part.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 06:07:53 AM »

Togas are a tool of the white man, your use of it as example of college life has triggered me, I need a safe space.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 07:34:26 AM »

I'm here for two reasons, to make fun of dumb lefties and to point out when regular people get screwed over by the "the utterly ridiculous" 1% that are activists. (actually, the activists normally don't do anything because they are sniveling children.  They cry and bitch and call mommy (or the cops or the administrators, all the same thing to their tiny little minds) until someone with actual power caves to them and screws over the life of the teacher that offended their delicate little heads or the dude you enjoyed having sex with until your friend/parent/counselor/fellow activist convinces you it was rape 3 months later.

If you don't care about such things, fine don't come in here.  Or do and look silly, it doesn't matter to me.  I'm not trying to shut down anybody's speech.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 11:21:51 AM »

Or attention, I'd gladly laugh along with you about them.  Do you have some examples?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 05:22:55 AM »

It is a belief held by about 99.9% of the population, however.
no, it's clearly not.
No, certainly not both, and you'd have to pretty funking authoritarian to think that.  The Heckler is just an asshole, in every situation.  The Heckler might be right and he might win, but he'd still be an asshole.

*yes, there probably are some very specific situations where the heckler could potentially by right, and even the "hero".  But never on a college campus under normal conditions.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 08:26:12 AM »

hxstory.....what idiots.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 11:27:16 AM »

From up north:

Campus radicals at the University of Alberta have taken to vandalizing a pro-life groups booths at campus events, disrupting the speakers they invite etc. In response, the administration has charged the pro-life group a $17,500 security fee.

What a great lesson for our democracy.
I wonder what would happen if the local 1%ers chapter up there decided to pull security for them.  I hear they work for beer.  The Rolling Stones can be used as a reference.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 12:10:10 AM »

(like a lot of the people crying foul about a lot of this studenty nonsense are quite happy to have State crackdowns on speech in other contexts. Which... er... many of those students are not happy with. Lawd).
bull sh**t
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 12:14:40 AM »

link - WaPo
Somebody threw a tequila party, tiny sombreros were worn.  Clearly that's a huge violation of somebody's civil rights so heads need to roll.  Administrators at colleges are little babies, afraid of perpetual victims.  My favorite part.

**update**

Safe spaces are being provided by the University for those traumatized by the tiny sombreros.  I hope it's enough for them to overcome the severe emotional pain.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2016, 05:12:39 AM »

Regardless of how common this is -- and I think, in various scales, it's somewhat common -- can you not agree that it's screwed up?
They don't agree, that's why they are here deflecting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies