Who has killed more terrorists?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:34:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who has killed more terrorists?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who has killed more terrorists?
George W. Bush

Barack Obama

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Who has killed more terrorists?  (Read 2030 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 16, 2015, 11:27:51 PM »

Seriously look at the Obama body count, which above all includes bin Laden, and yet is still growing. The absurd idea that Bush did a better job "keeping us safe" pushed by low energy loser moron Jeb! is looking more and more ridiculous with the growth of ISIS that he's basically responsible for, yet while Obama is killing Jihadi John and that guy in Libya.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 12:53:51 AM »

I don't understand how you can celebrate the killing of terrorists like this and then claim people who support executing serial killers and child rapists is barbaric and only satisfying their "bloodlust."
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 03:37:20 AM »

It's a tough question.
Obama has way better technology.  Drones have been knocking down terrorist leaders like bowling pins.
On the other hand, Bush had hundreds of thousands of boots on the ground.  He also had a lot more targets.  Obama only now has a large force to fight against with ISIS, but he doesn't seem interested in taking out large groups of ISIS terrorists, only the leaders.
I'd guess Bush.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 03:38:26 AM »

In the ratio of terrorist:innocent, Obama wins.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 04:36:19 AM »

It doesn't really matter either way.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 07:28:50 AM »

It's a classic partisan move to shift the narrative by saying "my guy is so good he even does your guy's aims better than him!" See "Obama has deported more illegals than..." and "DCam has increased NHS funds while Labour privatised them..."

Good tactic, but can end up looking a bit absurd if you rely on it too much.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 08:32:17 AM »

I don't understand how you can celebrate the killing of terrorists like this and then claim people who support executing serial killers and child rapists is barbaric and only satisfying their "bloodlust."
(I'm I'm anti death penalty for, and this includes extrajudicial ones)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 09:38:08 AM »

(I'm I'm anti death penalty for, and this includes extrajudicial ones)

"Extrajudicial killings" is just the term bleeding hearts use for war. During WWII, should we have tried to arrest all the Nazis at Normandy? Should Lincoln have tried to arrest all the Confederates at Gettysburg? 
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 10:05:40 AM »

The amount of terrorist killed in the wars is unquestionably higher than those killed in Obama's drone strikes and half hearted bombing campaigns. Although as a few have pointed out Obama might be more efficient at it.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 10:07:50 AM »

In terms of sheer numbers, Bush. Obama is probably more effective at killing high-ranking terrorists, but he didn't build that apparatus on his own - the intelligence departments did, largely under Bush.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 10:24:17 AM »

So basically if it's Bush, he did it only because he was president right after 9/11. Not because of any skill of his own.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 10:30:46 AM »

Really BRTD? 

My guy kills more people than your guy, nya nya nya.  Tongue

This is your Hipster Christian value system?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 12:52:25 PM »

I would hope that all faiths value killing terrorist scumbags with drone missiles, angus.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 03:11:15 PM »

I want Lief to be the next SecDef or National Security advisor.   He redefines the word Hawk.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 04:10:08 PM »

I have to admit, I'm pretty onboard with the Obama foreign policy. He definitely is a much more effective president in killing terrorists than George W. Bush. Not only is he willing to use drones to rain hell on them, I'm pleased that he doesn't have any compunction in using secret operations to infiltrate and cause havoc. He's highly efficient and I give him mad props for a very effective foreign policy. I do disagree at the corners of Obama's anti-terrorism foreign policy (I would call it a war on radical Islam) but I would not in general say it's ineffective or weak. He has been effective in limiting the debate on the war on terror to killing terrorists rather than getting hung up on boots on the ground in Syria, etc. He also has continued many Bush-era policies on the war on Terror and I'm pleased by that too.

He's a pretty good president on the issues of foreign policy. So the answer is Obama.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 05:54:15 PM »

I would hope that all faiths value killing terrorist scumbags with drone missiles, angus.

Just asking why that's so different from valuing killing remorseless serial killers and child rapists, something death penalty opponents characterize as people's "blood lust."
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 06:03:00 PM »

Just asking why that's so different from valuing killing remorseless serial killers and child rapists, something death penalty opponents characterize as people's "blood lust."

It's the difference between self-defense and punishment.

Terrorists are actively killing people.  It's the same rationale as self-defense.  We're protecting ourselves by using our military to fight back.  It's different when you've already arrested someone and convicted them.  Then, it's the choice between prison and the death sentence.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 06:17:09 PM »

It's the difference between self-defense and punishment.

Terrorists are actively killing people.  It's the same rationale as self-defense.  We're protecting ourselves by using our military to fight back.  It's different when you've already arrested someone and convicted them.  Then, it's the choice between prison and the death sentence.
This is correct.  If, for example, you see or are the victim of a rape or murder in progress and you stop it by killing the perpetrator... that is considered self defense and you will not be locked away as a murderer.  

Things shouldn't be compared only at face value.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 07:55:44 PM »

I want Lief to be the next SecDef or National Security advisor.   He redefines the word Hawk.

Indeed. Of course, I wouldn't trust him on anything outside of foreign policy. Tongue Wink
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 08:41:42 PM »

My sarcasm meter might be a little dysfunctional, but I had assumed it was sarcasm on Leif's part.  Or at least dark humor.  Either way, it is certainly not the case that all religions endorse vendetta.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 07:20:12 AM »

I'm pretty sure Dubya nor Obama have ever killed anybody.  Laura did once though!

You may now return to arguing about which mediocre (at best) President was better at telling the military who and when to kill.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 10:55:25 AM »

To play devil's advocate, killing people in a war can be necessary in a way that the death penalty isn't.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 02:58:08 PM »

To play devil's advocate, killing people in a war can be necessary in a way that the death penalty isn't.

That's true, but droning isn't a "necessity," it is our (very reasonable and justified, IMO) intentional, effort-filled response to them attacking us.  A rather coherent argument can be made that a "remorseless serial killer" is making a rather similar attack on the civilized world and deserves the same punishment.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies