If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:36:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary?  (Read 5775 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 17, 2015, 02:48:16 AM »

There have been tons of protests on college campuses that are starting to be condemned by more and more moderates and even left-leaning people.  Folks are speaking out.  Last week a bunch of BLM students went full racist in the Dartmouth library.  Last night a bunch of them blocked the biggest highway in Minneapolis for three hours.
This doesn't seem to be slowing up, and the universal outrage and disgust is building up, slowly but surely.
Hillary is on the record for caving into these people and giving in to all their demands, and supporting them.  She even supported the Mizzou protests just last week.  If she doesn't stop she's really going to hurt herself by association.
How much damage do you think it would do to her candidacy if things get really out of hand?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 03:08:24 AM »

No, that's not how she'll be ruined.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 03:09:54 AM »

Because the whole democratic candidates hasn't been pandering to SJW's and islamlic terrorist apologetic people yet.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 03:12:28 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2015, 04:57:39 AM by ℨ »

"moderates" agitating against black lives mattering is entirely expected and doesn't mean #blacklivesmatter has jumped the shark lol

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 03:28:22 AM »

BLM and MLK have literally nothing in common. MLK had vision and class. BLM is made up of hatred and chaos.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 03:32:06 AM »

"moderates" agitating against black lives mattering is entirely expected and doesn't mean #blacklivesmatter has jumped the shark lol

Quote from: Restricted

I respond with this:

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/25104/

And this:

I really question whether many of these protestors have actually listened to and absorbed Dr. King's "I have a Dream" speech. There's a big difference in the goals of yesterday's civil rights activists and today's social justice warriors. The former wished for equality, while the latter are calling for a reduction in equality and are seemingly against the idea of meritocracy. It's like in Animal Farm, where it starts out as "All Animals Are Equal" and becomes "All Animals Are Equal, But Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others." Dr. King's movement had a truly noble cause, but current incarnations leave much to be desired.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 03:42:37 AM »

I guess some would say this is what happens when people are conscientized.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 04:08:21 AM »

The basic cause of BLM is good and I fully support it, but like most protests it is done in an awful manner and a lot of scummy people take advantage of it to be an outlet for their messed up actions.

But no, it wouldnt ruin her. I dont think much could as she has become sort of invulnwrable to any kind of scandal from having gone through so many.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 04:27:27 AM »

I'm really disappointed that you didn't edit out all of the capitalized letters in the MLK quote, evergreen.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 04:38:20 AM »

The basic cause of BLM is good and I fully support it, but like most protests it is done in an awful manner and a lot of scummy people take advantage of it to be an outlet for their messed up actions.

But no, it wouldnt ruin her. I dont think much could as she has become sort of invulnwrable to any kind of scandal from having gone through so many.

I wonder what those are?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 04:55:37 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2015, 10:52:14 AM by ℨ »

oh, sweetie. if you truly believe nobody in the '60s was shouting "fʊck white people" or whatever, i really don't know what to tell you.
Zache

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 07:25:08 AM »

Her candidacy won't be ruined because she met with a couple of those uppity Negroes, over a year before the general election,  and told them her plans to prevent police brutality and mass incarceration during closed-off meetings.

I'd also like to know what demands "those people" made that she completely gave into.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 07:39:27 AM »

BLM and MLK have literally nothing in common. MLK had vision and class. BLM is made up of hatred and chaos.

Exactly right. Lest we forget, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King was a Christian man who took a Christian approach to the racial problems facing the nation.

So which of these memorable MLK quotes would the BLM folks embrace today? (And try to be honest...).

• I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go to the mountain. And I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land! I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land.
  • Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
  • I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
  • Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'
  • Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.
  • The end of life is not to be happy, nor to achieve pleasure and avoid pain, but to do the will of God, come what may.
  • When I took up the cross I recognized it's meaning. The cross is something that you bear, and ultimately, that you die on.

While it's true that some people in the movement in the '60s wanted to turn to violence, that was never part of Dr. King's life. It's shameful to even put BLM and MLK in the same sentence, as they are worlds apart.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 07:56:49 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2015, 08:00:42 AM by EliteLX »

BLM is a joke of a social movement, lol. The only thing they're good at is interrupting random speeches and getting on the nerves of average Americans. They are not calling a voice towards anything, just being senselessly annoying to the American public and harassing law enforcement. It is a movement powered by high schoolers gathered on Twitter hashtags and mostly low-income inner city African Americans giving police officers an incredibly hard time.

MLK would be ashamed.
Zache

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 08:04:15 AM »

Interesting that white conservatives are now experts on King's thought process. More so than his own kids and personal friends, apparently.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 08:12:14 AM »

Interesting that white conservatives are now experts on King's thought process. More so than his own kids and personal friends, apparently.

Please, please give me one example of how the BLM "movement" even comes in comparison with the thoughts, strength, and tactic of Dr. King's movement in the '60s. Don't be such a fool.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 08:31:01 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2015, 08:33:18 AM by Penelope »

Because the whole democratic candidates hasn't been pandering to SJW's and islamlic terrorist apologetic people yet.

BLM is a joke of a social movement, lol. The only thing they're good at is interrupting random speeches and getting on the nerves of average Americans. They are not calling a voice towards anything, just being senselessly annoying to the American public and harassing law enforcement. It is a movement powered by high schoolers gathered on Twitter hashtags and mostly low-income inner city African Americans giving police officers an incredibly hard time.

MLK would be ashamed.

I wish the internet, and specifically Atlas, had been around during the 1960s so we could have heard the usual suspects complain about "that uppity negro preacher from Atlanta and his commie friends".

Also, "average Americans"? lol, I wonder what that could mean?
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 08:52:17 AM »
« Edited: November 17, 2015, 08:55:25 AM by EliteLX »

MLK would be ashamed.

I wish the internet, and specifically Atlas, had been around during the 1960s so we could have heard the usual suspects complain about "that uppity negro preacher from Atlanta and his commie friends".

What's your point?

The BLM movement is a joke. It doesn't pale in comparison to Dr. King. He spoke out on a real issue and put his life on the line drawing a national movement of it that changed the tides of America. The BLM is the annoying little brother that won't shut up, interrupts speeches, and gives everybody a hard time over a nonissue.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 09:09:39 AM »

MLK would be ashamed.

"how dare you compare those (shudders, clutches pearls) radicals to the Respectable, Unfailingly Polite Abolitionists? no wonder all the reasonable   white   moderates (like me!) hate your so-called 'civil rights movement'."
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 09:10:33 AM »

No, but it already has ruined Sanders.
Zache

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 09:34:11 AM »

Please, please give me one example of how the BLM "movement" even comes in comparison with the thoughts, strength, and tactic of Dr. King's movement in the '60s. Don't be such a fool.

The fools are the people who simultaneously spew the same rhetoric and arguments with the same antipathy that their ilk provided to the civil rights movement but yet sincerely believe they would have been in full support of that race-baiter and rabble-rouser, vindicated by half a century of history, King.

I mean look at the complaints in this thread. BLM blocked a highway? BLM protested in a school library? BLM 'inconvenienced' average(read:white) Americans? The civil rights movement consisted of similar actions to raise tension, dramatize pertinent issues facing black Americans, and force white Americans to confront them by any (nonviolent) means necessary. How are these BLM protests any different except without a single, public face to draw praise, criticism, and attention away from malcontents who despised the "white devil", and the addition of internet slacktivists?

MLK would be ashamed.

What's your point?

The BLM movement is a joke. It doesn't pale in comparison to Dr. King. He spoke out on a real issue and put his life on the line drawing a national movement of it that changed the tides of America. The BLM is the annoying little brother that won't shut up, interrupts speeches, and gives everybody a hard time over a nonissue.

Police brutality and mass incarceration are nonissues in the same way segregation was nothing more than a personal inconvenience to Negroes.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 10:50:01 AM »

MLK would be ashamed.

Giving police the SAME police that will be the 1st line of defense when we are attacked .   

Honestly  the attacks on Paris last Friday  was the nail in the coffin for blm.
zs4321
Rookie
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 10:58:08 AM »

BLM is nothing more than a domestic terrorist group. MLK would be rolling in his grave.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 11:02:09 AM »

Police brutality and the war on drugs are both important issues. You can draw attention to them and draw attention to the fact that they disproportionately impact Black people without getting angry and shouting people down any time they try to point out that they do in fact impact other people as well, though maybe not as much.

Screaming at other well meaning liberals is one problem of the BLM movement.

The other is that they are too enamored with BS privilege checking politics. They have real, legitimate issues but they deluded when the same people complain about BS like "white people are so racist because whenever I go to work with a giant wig glued to my head, they sometimes ask if they can touch it."
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 12:19:14 PM »

Probably people who don't sit around in Queer Studies classes all day claiming phrases like "average Americans" is some kind of torturous micro-aggression.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies