If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:37:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary?  (Read 5831 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: November 17, 2015, 02:27:14 PM »

MLK very famously was tremendously concerned about inconveniencing white people and hurting their feelings, of course, so he strived to be as inoffensive as possible. And when LBJ saw how nice and polite King was, Johnsom said "Gee shucks, maybe these blacks ain't so bad ... Civil rights for all!". Then they had a party!
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 04:36:12 AM »

I mean, has the 2016 election just attracted more nationalists and white supremacists than before? I just don't understand when this site became so infested with this sh**t. Maybe I just didn't see it before.

While the tension has been brewing for a long, long time I believe this season of South Park was an important stimulus for the push back. I'd noticed occasional articles over the past few years confronting some of the more hypocritical/authoritarian P.C. SJW college episodes but never anything major. Around episode 3 or 4 of South Park this Fall, Real Clear and a few other political websites began to feature articles referencing South Park within the anti-P.C. context. I then started noticing more and more anti-P.C. articles in general including one on Halloween predicting that college P.C. had jumped the shark because the administration of Yale had just sent out an email about halloween costumes. The next week everything exploded, Mizzou and Yale had their tantrums, and I have since noticed multiple pro or anti college P.C. articles per day ever since. And now Dartmouth will certainly continue the phenomenon.

This current season of South Park is a commentary on P.C. culture, and their reflections mirror many observations that I noticed when I was an undergrad in college but never articulated because it seemed pointless/hopeless. Perhaps other viewers are having similar experiences. This could explain the uptick in posters who are no longer willing to just sit quietly when they're called "white supremacists" because they don't engage in self-flagellation and adopt intersectionality 101 talking points as truth.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FrZRIW87eWI
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 11:53:28 AM »
« Edited: November 18, 2015, 11:55:15 AM by CrabCake the Liberal Magician »

I would think MLK would probably roll in his grave because black people continue to suffer disproportionately from poverty, underinvestment in infrastructure, police brutality and discrimination half a century on from his death while his white middle-class hagiographers cheerfully rewrite history to recast him as a bland liberal who "achieved his main goal" with a piece of federal legislation. Next to that, I'm sure the fact that some of his latter day adherents use silly Twitter hashtags or once blocked a highway wouldn't really inspire Dr King to even rotate an inch.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies