If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:14:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary?  (Read 5823 times)
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 17, 2015, 03:32:06 AM »

"moderates" agitating against black lives mattering is entirely expected and doesn't mean #blacklivesmatter has jumped the shark lol

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I respond with this:

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/25104/

And this:

I really question whether many of these protestors have actually listened to and absorbed Dr. King's "I have a Dream" speech. There's a big difference in the goals of yesterday's civil rights activists and today's social justice warriors. The former wished for equality, while the latter are calling for a reduction in equality and are seemingly against the idea of meritocracy. It's like in Animal Farm, where it starts out as "All Animals Are Equal" and becomes "All Animals Are Equal, But Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others." Dr. King's movement had a truly noble cause, but current incarnations leave much to be desired.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »

Police brutality and the war on drugs are both important issues. You can draw attention to them and draw attention to the fact that they disproportionately impact Black people without getting angry and shouting people down any time they try to point out that they do in fact impact other people as well, though maybe not as much.

Screaming at other well meaning liberals is one problem of the BLM movement.

The other is that they are too enamored with BS privilege checking politics. They have real, legitimate issues but they deluded when the same people complain about BS like "white people are so racist because whenever I go to work with a giant wig glued to my head, they sometimes ask if they can touch it."

Well said. There is a difference between calling attention to one's policy goals and denigrating anyone who thinks that they have gone too far with their rhetoric. I agree that the war on drugs is bad and that it disproportionately affects blacks. There's also a disturbing number of black people dying during police interactions. I agree with their base ideas, but when you have people going around complaining over every "micro-aggression," it really sours people's views.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies