If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:49:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary?  (Read 5816 times)
weixiaobao
« on: November 17, 2015, 02:27:50 PM »
« edited: November 17, 2015, 04:37:16 PM by weixiaobao »

Bunch of racists....

/end of argument...

Though, what funny is that BLM can point out why All lives matter is controversial with them but they can't tell why Black Lives matter would be controversial.

It is all about the connotations of those statements.  Black lives matter = white people are racists and don't give a sh**t about black people.  Or white people don't think black lives matter.  So on and so forth.

But of course, I will get a reply from a BLM sympathizer that said but but but I don't think that way.  But there are people out there who think that way.

The facts is this the war on drugs, to laws that affect the poor more, to inherent bias and discriminatory toward black people within the justice system.  These things are real and need fixing.

But often time, those are pale in comparison to the crime stats within the black community.

When we have places like Baltimore riot where we have a black mayor, a black majority place, a black majority police institution, a black majority councilmen members, and a black police commissioner.  And it still happen.  Whether the high crime stats to these so call prejudice treatments.  When stores are burn down, it ain't the white or blacks' people stores.  It is other minorities of the USA, and of this black majority town.

When you bring that up to a BLM sympathizer, they would said, "well lives matter more than properties."

Whether Ferguson, to Baltimore, to LA riots, all I see is black members going after their fellow minorities (that aren't blacks).

And it would be racist for me to point out that in some places blacks are disproportionately target Asians in term of crime (and sometime intentionally that it happened this way).
weixiaobao
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 04:20:21 PM »

Blacks comprise 26.4% of those killed by police in 2015, higher than their population rate of 14.9%, but lower than the proportion of black federal prisoners of 37.7%. or the national proportion of black prisoners of 40%. Natives Americans are also killed at a higher rate by police than their population proportion. Hispanics are about equal. Asians killed much less often. The obvious thread combining of all these is simple: poverty -> more likely to commit a crime -> more likely to be killed by a cop.

The more crime you commit.  The more chances you will have with the police, which then increase the chance of you dying by police hand.  Someone made the joke that blacks probably have the highest rate of getting a degree in prison.  And that is how stat work.  And this is why of others factors like drug war, bias in the justice system, prejudice and racism.  Those factors do not have as much of an influence when you consider the crime rate.

People who make the statement "but we expect better of our policeman."  There is couple of things about this.  First the gun culture, and everyone is so damn jumpy about it nowadays.  Second, even goddam neurosurgeon makes mistake.  To the lowly cashiers could lash out at customers.  Polices are people, and not saints.  And no one should die doing their job.  And people can get cranky on a bad day.  If you treat cops as human.  Look up the murder rate of the general population and compare that to that of the population of the cops.  And some incidents, the cop was clearly at fault but unintentional.  Some incidents, the cops were entirely not at fault.  And there are incidents, where it is clearly racism (no but or if about it).

Yes, people may say, well polices are actually safer in recent years.  But impression is what matter.  Especially consider the news that the media chose to highlight.  
weixiaobao
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 06:26:56 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2015, 06:31:12 PM by weixiaobao »

If you're causing a stir, acting obnoxious, and inciting community uproar just because you can, then you're being unnecessary. I don't give a damn if you're pink. Can't we all just get along already.

I have been into these sociology, x American study classes.  The atmosphere is uncomfortable.  I meant I was born into poverty.  I have witness violent against women in my life.  It like these kids never went through any inconveniences or hardships in their lives because the stuffs that they cited as racism or sexism is laughable.  And often, these educators would make reasonable observations of history and of current trends, but then their conclusion or call to action is just ridiculous.

I meant the fact that they change the definition of racism so much that only white people can be racist because you need "power" to be a racist.  Really.  Go on to Pakistan Defense forum, and see how Asians of variety of nations sling sh**t as each others.  Or observe blacks in China or Chinese in Africa.

Then there is the race baiting media (on both sides actually with different narratives).  But on the left, boy, they love to crank out every single cop incident.  Sometimes, a totally non story.  Some guy died in jail.  There was nothing yet confirmed or unconfirmed.  And the anchor admit as such, but then concluded something like "way too many blacks die under the cop custody."  I meant you can literally do this for just about anything.  If you crank out 2 stories weekly about fail surgeries, it painted a certain narrative that our surgeons are incompetents.  If you do 2 stories on Asian crimes per week, every week, then someone will come out with the impression that within the Asian community, there is a huge crime problem.  And when there are actual stories, the cases are often gray and not so very black and white as these media figure heads make it out to be.

---------------------------------------------

And certainly, cops or anybody really will benefit from better training.  But still.
weixiaobao
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 06:36:27 PM »

And yet this is supposed to be the most tolerant generation?

2 years ago, I would laugh at conservatives for saying liberals are extremely intolerant.  And then boy, within 2 years time.  There seemed to be a huge brewing cultural war within the left.  That force me to think that this current generation is more intolerant than I thought (at least among the loudest ones).

Everything is racist.  It gets so ridiculous that at one point there was articles and an entire news segment (online news) about the systematic racism in hair style.  That is how ridiculous this generation had become.  And when I point out this stuffs, I am no longer gay or Asian or came from poverty or a victim of abuse etc.  I am just some white dude to them (because online, they can't confirm you).  They laugh, "if you are Asian?  Then I am Obama."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies