If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:29:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary?  (Read 5808 times)
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« on: November 17, 2015, 12:50:15 PM »

It is a sad reflection on our society that "Black lives matter" is a remotely controversial statement.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 01:00:23 PM »

Also as someone who has actually been involved with BLM and has many friends in the movement, it's pretty funny (in a depressing way) to see the misconceptions being thrown about in this thread. 
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 06:18:05 PM »

I understand that this forum is mostly used for sh**tposting, but as a person of color, the white people of this community have made it pretty clear that any attempt I make to talk about my experiences with racism will be met with denial, aggression, and mockery.  I don't think I can enjoy a forum where I know that 90% of the posters are a-okay with the current situation and will aggressively denounce even the most incredibly polite, inclusive elements of the black liberation movement as terrorist thugs.

It's a bit shocking that the actual Democratic Party is more racially tolerant than the average poster in this thread, but I think it's symptomatic of a greater problem with this generation, as I've seen this same sort of attitude all over the internet, even in supposedly "progressive" spaces.  And it's not just on the internet, I see this attitude in real life too.  White millennials have literally been raised to think that racism ended in the 1960s when a nice man named MLK politely asked the President to give black people civil rights, and no amount of historical evidence, no amount of statistics, no amount of debate will convince them otherwise. 

And yet this is supposed to be the most tolerant generation?

It honestly makes me wonder what the point of continuing to live even is.  I'll never be considered an equal to my peers in life.  And even in death, nobody will mourn the passing of another random brown dude.  I've had a few terrifying, humiliating run-ins with the law, and I have no doubt that if a police officer shot me dead tomorrow, they would not face charges.  And if a person made a thread about it on Atlas, I would definitely receive the blame.  Because I'll just be another brown thug who had it coming, and the people who raise a fuss about it will be denounced as whiners.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies