If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:03:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If BLM jumps the shark and earns universal disgust, will it ruin Hillary?  (Read 5822 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: November 17, 2015, 12:19:14 PM »

Also, "average Americans"? lol, I wonder what that could mean?

Probably people who don't sit around in Queer Studies classes all day claiming phrases like "average Americans" is some kind of torturous micro-aggression.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 01:42:24 PM »

It is a sad reflection on our society that "Black lives matter" is a remotely controversial statement.
even more sad is when you get booed for saying all lives matter

Too true.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 03:33:00 PM »

Please explain how what I said is racist.

doubt it's worth it, so i'll keep it short: blaming black protesters and activists for the long-running phenomenon of "white moderates" cherry-picking the easiest targets in the movement, perpetuating that phenomenon yourself, blaming black activists for being ~too angry~ about a system thatliterally murders them every day, &c., are all very racist actions.

It's hyperbole like this that encourages protesters to harass random victims in the library.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 08:13:38 PM »

I mean, has the 2016 election just attracted more nationalists and white supremacists than before? I just don't understand when this site became so infested with this sh**t. Maybe I just didn't see it before.

While the tension has been brewing for a long, long time I believe this season of South Park was an important stimulus for the push back. I'd noticed occasional articles over the past few years confronting some of the more hypocritical/authoritarian P.C. SJW college episodes but never anything major. Around episode 3 or 4 of South Park this Fall, Real Clear and a few other political websites began to feature articles referencing South Park within the anti-P.C. context. I then started noticing more and more anti-P.C. articles in general including one on Halloween predicting that college P.C. had jumped the shark because the administration of Yale had just sent out an email about halloween costumes. The next week everything exploded, Mizzou and Yale had their tantrums, and I have since noticed multiple pro or anti college P.C. articles per day ever since. And now Dartmouth will certainly continue the phenomenon.

This current season of South Park is a commentary on P.C. culture, and their reflections mirror many observations that I noticed when I was an undergrad in college but never articulated because it seemed pointless/hopeless. Perhaps other viewers are having similar experiences. This could explain the uptick in posters who are no longer willing to just sit quietly when they're called "white supremacists" because they don't engage in self-flagellation and adopt intersectionality 101 talking points as truth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies