VA: Northam announces candidacy for Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:27:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA: Northam announces candidacy for Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA: Northam announces candidacy for Governor  (Read 1492 times)
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« on: November 17, 2015, 11:58:47 PM »

Clearly the outcome of 2016 will matter, but I'd say Northam has a much greater shot than Gillespie. Northam is a doctor and is not insanely leftist. Gillespie is a carpetbagging establishment Enron-lobbyist.

I'd respectfully disagree. Gillespie only lost his Senate race by apx. 18,000 votes against an incumbent Senator the media (and virtually every pollster) said numerous times was unbeatable. Had it seemed like he had a chance on election day he may have come out ahead. Gillespie is a huge favorite to win this race, as much as I hate to admit it. I also believe Northam will end up being a lackluster candidate.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 03:59:22 PM »

Clearly the outcome of 2016 will matter, but I'd say Northam has a much greater shot than Gillespie. Northam is a doctor and is not insanely leftist. Gillespie is a carpetbagging establishment Enron-lobbyist.

I'd respectfully disagree. Gillespie only lost his Senate race by apx. 18,000 votes against an incumbent Senator the media (and virtually every pollster) said numerous times was unbeatable. Had it seemed like he had a chance on election day he may have come out ahead. Gillespie is a huge favorite to win this race, as much as I hate to admit it. I also believe Northam will end up being a lackluster candidate.

Northam had the biggest win of 2013.

Although this is true it was only because he was running against a kooky ultra right-wing candidate (E. W. Jackson) who was extremely unappealing to most independents and many moderates. I believe VA Dems would have a much better chance at this race had Herring ran instead of Northam.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies