Unarmed man shot by Minneapolis police dies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:15:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Unarmed man shot by Minneapolis police dies
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unarmed man shot by Minneapolis police dies  (Read 1015 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 17, 2015, 10:39:43 PM »
« edited: November 17, 2015, 10:50:21 PM by Question everything. Seek truth. Spread hope. »

http://news.yahoo.com/man-shot-minneapolis-police-dies-report-170020150.html

Since I have tomorrow off, I think I'll go to the 4th Precinct Shutdown protest where people are basically camping out in front of the police station of the precinct where this occurred. Guy was handcuffed when he was shot, and shot in the head. Pure execution style.

Also read about the complaints about how the new union president has called Keith Ellison a terrorist...oh yeah we need some serious purging. At least the mayor is calling for a federal investigation.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 09:44:41 AM »
« Edited: November 18, 2015, 09:52:10 AM by Famous Mortimer »

Supposedly there's lots of cell phone footage of the incident. It should be rather cut and dry. If he did it, he should be found guilty of murder.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 09:46:05 AM »
« Edited: November 18, 2015, 09:48:39 AM by Grumps »

Supposedly there's lots of cell phone footage of the incident. It should be rather cut and dry. If he did it, she should be found guilty of murder.

They're not releasing the videos.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jamar-clark-minneapolis-police-shooting-videos-wont-be-released-police-say/
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 09:57:19 AM »

Yeah that's not suspicious at all. (and yes, I'm being sarcastic)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 12:08:03 PM »

You should really wait for the facts to come out before you protest or jump to conclusions. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 12:59:50 PM »

You should really wait for the facts to come out before you protest or jump to conclusions. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 01:06:02 PM »

It doesn't appear the police are going to let anything come out, much less the facts.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 02:51:19 PM »

Shame on you bedstuy. If the left wants to protest something, you know darn well they are going to make the most of any opportunity
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 02:56:17 PM »

It doesn't appear the police are going to let anything come out, much less the facts.

Which gives me a perfectly reasonable inclination to "jump to conclusions." Wink
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 03:00:57 PM »

Yeah the protestors are mostly just calling for the information to be released.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 03:06:18 PM »

How about you give them a second bro?  Shutting down the interstate?  Having giant protests?  Seems a bit extreme to just get information that eventually gets released in these kinds of cases.

How would you feel if it turns out that the shooting was completely justified?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 03:08:43 PM »

How about you give them a second bro?  Shutting down the interstate?  Having giant protests?  Seems a bit extreme to just get information that eventually gets released in these kinds of cases.

He will continue to believe that the shooting was unjustified, of course.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 03:11:11 PM »

He will continue to believe that the shooting was unjustified, of course.

Fact. We still haven't stopped talking about Darren Wilson.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 01:42:21 PM »

I hope I'm wrong on this point, but he probably won't be convicted. Just like all other police shooting incidents, the department will bully witnesses, destroy evidence, and lie on the witness stand to protect one of their own. Cops are America's largest street gang, and they're more dangerous than the Crips or the Bloods in some places, and the easiest way to get away with murder is to become a cop.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 07:28:29 PM »

I hope I'm wrong on this point, but he probably won't be convicted. Just like all other police shooting incidents, the department will bully witnesses, destroy evidence, and lie on the witness stand to protect one of their own. Cops are America's largest street gang, and they're more dangerous than the Crips or the Bloods in some places, and the easiest way to get away with murder is to become a cop.

Cite one specific example where any of the above actually occurred. In reality, not your fevered imagination.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 10:36:24 AM »

Cite one specific example where any of the above actually occurred. In reality, not your fevered imagination.

Ferguson, where the prosecutor bullied witnesses to get them to change their stories. Cops who attack civilians to get the camera they used to record the officer brutalizing someone. Cleveland, where despite killing a 12 year old, the murderer wasn't even charged. Rodney King, where despite the attack being caught on video, the cops were acquitted. In Chicago, an officer had his life threatened by his fellow officers for violating that "thin blue line" by blowing the whistle on internal corruption. In North Carolina, police shot and killed a man for telling them they weren't coming into his house without a warrant.

So yes, I fear for my life around cops. They have turned into the people they're supposed to be protecting society from, and people like you cheer them on.  They really ought to do nationwide what they did in New York after people started rebelling-stop patrolling, stop giving out traffic tickets, mind your own damn business and we'll call you if we need you. And in the meantime, stay the f(inks) away from me.

It's a sad state of affairs when the Ann Arbor police feels the need to bring the bomb squad and walk around with AR-15s at a f(inks)ing college football game.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies