Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:11:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries  (Read 6408 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 18, 2015, 05:54:02 PM »

Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - Primary '08

Rules + Regulations

1. This game will start on October 28th 2007, running until Election Day 2008. We will center on the Democratic Primaries, but for the winner of the convention there will be a GE that awaits. The plan is evolving for who will play the unknown Republican Nominee, but for now, we will center our attention on this marvelous campaign.

2. Endorsements are encouraged! You are able contact me for up to 4 endorsements every turn. It is first come, first serve, but if two candidates want the same endorsement on the same turn, I ask that the candidates will send me why they deserve the candidates more.

3. I will use a number randomizer to determine positive and negative news for the candidates (credit goes to Spamage, Sjoyce, and Lumine on their ideas): 1-5 will be negative experiences (1 being terrible news) and 45-50 will be positive experiences (50 being a huge boost). 5-45 will be no news.

4. The games' length of turns will vary for about a week (possibly 2 for nearby primaries and caucuses) depending on the circumstances, but all turns will last approx. 48 hours depending on the number of schedules posted. I know that time constraints can be a bear, but remember that we do have other people who are playing so just notifying me of your absence of a schedule for this particular week will not harm you.

5. A Debate will be given every other turn, in which candidates will answer 3 questions for all Democrats and 1 for each.

Candidate List -

1. Haslam2020 - Albert Gore (D - TN) - Representative of TN (Congressional 4th and 5th) (1977 - 1985), Senator of TN (1985 - 1993), Vice President (1993 - 2001), Democratic Presidential Nominee in 2000

2. Clinton1996 - Barack Obama (D - IL) - Senator of IL (2005 -Present)

3. YPestis25 - John Edwards (D - NC) - Senator of NC (1999 - 2005), Democratic VP Nominee in 2004

4. Spiral - Mike Gravel (D - AK) - Senator of AK (1969 - 1981)

5. Kingpoleon - Howard Dean (D - VT) - Governor of VT (1991 - 2003), Democratic Candidate for President in 2004

6. darthebearnc - Hillary Clinton (D - NY) - First Lady (1993 - 2001), Senator of NY (2001 - Present)

7. bagelman - Dennis Kucinich (D - OH) - Mayor of Cleveland (1978 - 1979), Representative of OH (Congressional 10th) (1991 - Present)

8. Kasich 2016 - Donald Trump (D - NY) - Business Mogul (1968 - Present)

9. Enduro - Jim Webb (D - VA) - Secretary of the Navy (1987 - 1988), Senator of VA (2007 - Present)

10. ChairmanSanchez - Al Sharpton (D - NY) - Civil Rights Activist (1969 - Present)

11. ClassicConservative - Harry Reid (D - NV) - Representative of NV (Congressional 1st) (1983 - 1987), Senator of NV (1987 - Present)
Primary/Caucus Dates
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 07:54:21 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2015, 09:36:37 PM by Haslam2020 »

Announcement

Gore taking the stage in Nashville, TN (April 9th, 2007)

"Hello, my fellow Americans. Our country is in a state of crisis. We are engaged in a horrific war in Iraq, global warming poses a serious threat, the national debt is skyrocketing, and the middle class is suffering. In short, Times are tough, and they're going to get tougher if this kind of leadership continues. It needs to change. My name is Al Gore. I was born in Tennessee and I'm proud to be raised here. I worked really hard, got into Harvard and joined the army. I had to fight in a war in which I didn't really support but I did it for my country. I have the experience necessary to get rid of these problems. I served as a congressman for years, being re-elected soundly. I then won election to the U.S Senate and fought long and hard for the people I was elected to represent. I then served as Vice President under President Clinton, I co authored many of policies that were successful for the American people. I have the experience and determination necessary to lead this country. I am therefore announcing that I am running for the Presidency of the United States. I am asking for your support in this great endeavor. Please trust me to lead this party, and this nation again. Thank you all and God Bless y'all and God Bless the United States of America!

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 09:16:05 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2015, 06:38:50 PM by Kingpoleon »

The Moment That Started It All

Howard Dean's Announcement to Thousands in Manchester, NH

OOC: Date and picture TBD
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 06:17:13 PM »

"Today, I announce my candidacy for president. I'm running because I believe that America needs a leader who has been in situations where quick  desicions had to be made, America also needs a proven leader, that man is Jim Webb. I ask that you vote for me in the upcoming election."
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2015, 09:03:56 PM by Classic Conservative »

Harry Reid Announces Run for President

My friends, today is a day that will radically transform our nation. We need change, change that is radical that will switch our current path socially and fiscally. I'm saying here today that with you're help I'm running for President. One thing most of my opponents don't have is experience, I've served you Nevada as your congressman and a senator. When I'm you're President we will give women equal rights, establish a form of government healthcare, crack down on racism, help our friends around the world and get our country back on track economically. I have experience is what is needed not upstart candidates like the jokes that are Jim Webb, the KKK member or Al Gore who claimed to invent the Internet. Or even Ms. Clinton who outsourced, many jobs during her life including her own to Monica Lewinsky, who I must say supports me and is absolutely beautiful. We must live up stand together my friends and I know that you will vote for me. Thank You and May God Bless America.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 08:45:51 PM »

Harry Reid Announces Run for President

My friends, today is a day that will radically transform our nation. We need change, change that is radical that will switch our current path socially and fiscally. I'm saying here today that with you're help I'm running for President. One thing most of my opponents don't have is experience, I've served you Nevada as your congressman and a senator. Together we will destroy the evils that are republicanism that destroy our country daily and deport the terrorist who want to murder our children. I politically classify with Bernie Sanders a great man who also has my vision for America a country that hates bad Langague and loves all people regardless of race. Experience is what is needed not upstart candidates like the jokes that are Jim Webb, the KKK member or Al Gore who claimed to invent the Internet. Or even Ms. Clinton who outsourced, many jobs during her life including her own to Monica Lewinsky, who I must say supports me and is absolutely beautiful. We must live up to our beliefs my comrades and win this fight like Lenin did and I ask you to vote for me and support me. Thank You and may your supreme being of choice bless America.
Oh come on...
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 08:48:48 PM »

John Edwards Announcement

"My fellow Americans, we need a change. We need a change from the gridlock of divisiveness of eight years of Bush and Cheney. We need a change from the partisan politics that have dominated political discourse for the past decade. We must nominate a candidate who will unite the American people, not divide them, and that is why I am seeking the party's nomination for the Presidency of the United States.

We must ensure that every American has equal access to healthcare. We must ensure that the disastrous war in Iraq is brought to a prompt end. We must ensure that American honor is restored around the globe. I sincerely hope that you will place your trust in me to accomplish all that I have mentioned. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America."
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 12:05:19 AM »

Barack Obama Campaign Kick-Off Speech
"May I introduce to you, the next President of the United States of America, my husband, Senator Barack Obama!"

"Thank you! Thank you all so much. But let me begin by saying thanks to all you who've traveled, from far and wide, to brave the cold today.

We all made this journey for a reason. It's very humbling, but in my heart I know you didn't come here just for me, you came here because you believe in what this country can be. In the face of war, you believe there can be peace. In the face of despair, you believe there can be hope. In the face of a politics that's shut you out, that's told you to settle, that's divided us for too long, you believe we can be one people, reaching for what's possible, building that more perfect union."

"Now yes, I do recognize there is a certain presumptuousness -- a certain audacity -- to this announcement. I know I haven't spent a lot of time learning the ways of Washington. But I've been there long enough to know that the ways of Washington must change.

The genius of our founders is that they designed a system of government that can be changed. And we should take heart, because we've changed this country before. In the face of tyranny, a band of patriots brought an Empire to its knees. In the face of secession, we unified a nation and set the captives free. In the face of Depression, we put people back to work and lifted millions out of poverty. We welcomed immigrants to our shores, we opened railroads to the west, we landed a man on the moon, and we heard a King's call to let justice roll down like water, and righteousness like a mighty stream.

Each and every time, a new generation has risen up and done what's needed to be done. Today we are called once more -- and it is time for our generation to answer that call."
"That is why this campaign can't only be about me. It must be about us -- it must be about what we can do together. This campaign must be the occasion, the vehicle, of your hopes, and your dreams. It will take your time, your energy, and your advice -- to push us forward when we're doing right, and to let us know when we're not. This campaign has to be about reclaiming the meaning of citizenship, restoring our sense of common purpose, and realizing that few obstacles can withstand the power of millions of voices calling for change."

"That is our purpose here today.

That's why I'm in this race.

Not just to hold an office, but to gather with you to transform a nation.

I want to win that next battle -- for justice and opportunity.

I want to win that next battle -- for better schools, and better jobs, and health care for all."

"I want us to take up the unfinished business of perfecting our union, and building a better America.
And if you will join me in this improbable quest, if you feel destiny calling, and see as I see, a future of endless possibility stretching before us; if you sense, as I sense, that the time is now to shake off our slumber, and slough off our fear, and make good on the debt we owe past and future generations, then I'm ready to take up the cause, and march with you, and work with you. Together, starting today, let us finish the work that needs to be done, and usher in a new birth of freedom on this Earth.

Thank you. God bless you. And God bless the United States of America.
"
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 08:03:31 PM »

Turn One starts Sunday, please post your announcements so I can do a Democratic Poll.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 01:33:14 PM »

Ready for Hillary in 2008 - Announcement Speech

New York, New York

"Hello, New York! Hello, America! Thank you, thank you for the warm welcome! Thank you!

My husband and I stand here in front of you today to talk about the past, the present, and the future. Today, America stands at an important crossroads - one perhaps more important than any we have ever seen in the past. Our nation is going through one of the largest financial crises since the Great Depression, the people of America are thwarted at every turn by the increasingly dangerous force of terrorism, and our country is in need of drastic changes in order to once more become the bastion of freedom and hope that the whole world looks up to with respect and admiration.

I ask you, America - are you better off today than you were during the eight years my husband was in office? Is there more money in your pockets? Does your family feel safer and more secure? Do your children still have a brighter future to look forward to under our current conditions? I'm going to let you answer those questions for yourselves, America, but I do have to point out that it does seem to make a difference when the current President's approval ratings are averaging around 30% right now compared to around 60% at the same time when my husband was in office.

Under the Clinton Administration, our nation soared to a new era of peace, prosperity, and hope never seen before by our nation's people. Our economy was benefiting all Americans, not just those at the top, our education system was assuring that all of our nation's children regardless of gender, socioeconomic status, or ethnicity would receive a high-quality and education that they could use and apply for years to come, and my husband's policies were making sure that the last remnants of the Cold War came to a safe, peaceful, and ultimate close. Under the Clinton Administration, the people in our nation could finally take a breath and look forward to the future without worry of war, recession, or regress.

But that all seemed to change when the Democrats were cheated out of a victory in 2000 even though they won the popular vote by a substantial margin. Under the influence of our current administration, unfair economic policies contributed to allowing America's rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer, our nation got entangled into a deadly mess of international conflicts that resulted in the deaths of thousands of Americans and innocent civilians abroad, and many in America lost hope for a brighter and more prosperous future. America, is that what you wanted?

But this is about what can happen, not what did. America, during the upcoming weeks and months, the people of our nation have an opportunity to come together and fight as one for a better future, and if we unite for progress and change, our nation will not only revisit the prosperity we saw under my husband's administration, but also enter a new era of hope for all. America, I want to be part of that fight, I want to make America great again, and because of that, I've decided to run for President of the United States in 2008.

Under a second Clinton Administration, America will again become the bastion of freedom and equality that it is known around the world for being, and every single person who calls America home will have the opportunity to once more look forward to a brighter future. I will fight for the rights and liberties of the American people, I will do whatever it takes to secure these rights and liberties, and I will make sure that whenever our nation's parents see smiles on their children's faces, they will know for sure that those smiles will be able to carry on for years and years to come.

Under my administration, I will fight for the rights of the average American. I will support the successful implementation of more easily accessible and affordable health care coverage for all, I will increase the funding and allocation of our nation's resources towards our nation's schools, and I will make sure that America concludes its combative involvement in the Middle East not only seeing the rise of new democracies throughout the region, but also seeing every single American man and woman fighting on foreign soil be able to come home safely to their families. Under my administration, the middle and lower classes will finally be able to put food on their tables without a worry, the people of our nation will once more be safe and secure from foreign or internal security risks, and America will finally be able to break the highest glass ceiling of rights for women, African-Americans, Hispanics, and those in the LGBT community once and for all.

America, now is a better time than ever to make the changes our nation needs to reach a new age of freedom and prosperity. America, I want to do whatever it takes to reach that new age, and because of that, I hope that we can all come together in support for a brighter future. Thank you, and good night!"
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 02:56:33 AM »

At Cleveland City Hall, Ohio:

(Applause) Thank you

As we all know, the warmongerer in the white house George W. Bush and his pals Donald Rumsfeld have devoted billions of dollars to finding oil in the sands of Iraq, putting our son's lives at risk for their gain. In November of 2006 the voters stood up against the war, against the bloodshed, against the intrusions into our personal lives in the name of paranoia! Yet we've been disappointed when one of the first thing democratic majorities in congress did is pass a war apportions bill sending yet more billions into the quagmire that is Iraq!

(Boos)

The Democratic party needs a real voice for change, for peace, for fairness, for the restoration of our economy! As a former Mayor of Cleveland I understand the unique challenges we face as jobs move from our beloved American factories to sweatshops in third world countries, some even with child labor! The Bush administration has been complacent in allowing these companies to move overseas, to cheat honest Americans out of their careers. The Kucinich administration will not be. I will keep the steel mill open! I will keep the hospital open! From Ohio, to New York, to Oregon, from the west to the east, I will be a unifying figure for the true Democratic party that wants to get out of Iraq now, that wants to have a job now, that wants to keep our children safe from crime caused by guns, that wants and end to the corruption of Bush and the beginning of a new era!

I stand here, ready to light up America! I'm Dennis John Kucinich and I'm running for the president of the United States!

(cheers)
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 01:44:53 PM »

Can I get an extension through this evening? Thanks, been feeling under the weather.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 01:56:58 PM »

Can I get an extension through this evening? Thanks, been feeling under the weather.
That's fine, please do it by tomorrow though.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »

Trump Announcement Speech
Trump Tower, NYC
Based off of his 2016 Announcement Speech

So nice, thank you very much. That’s really nice. Thank you. It’s great to be at Trump Tower. It’s great to be in a wonderful city, New York. And it’s an honor to have everybody here. This is beyond anybody’s expectations. There’s been no crowd like this.

And, I can tell, some of the candidates, they went in. They didn’t know the air-conditioner didn’t work. They sweated like dogs.

They didn’t know the room was too big, because they didn’t have anybody there. How are they going to beat Al Qaeda? I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

Our country is in serious trouble. We don’t have victories anymore. We used to have victories, but we don’t have them. When was the last time anybody saw us beating, let’s say, China in a trade deal? They kill us. I beat China all the time. All the time.

When did we beat Japan at anything? They send their cars over by the millions, and what do we do? When was the last time you saw a Chevrolet in Tokyo? It doesn’t exist, folks. They beat us all the time.

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems, trying to act as the "world police."

We've spent $2 trillion in Iraq, $2 trillion. We lost thousands of lives, thousands in Iraq. We have wounded soldiers, who I love, I love — they’re great — all over the place, thousands and thousands of wounded soldiers.

And we have nothing. We can’t even go there. We have nothing. And every time we give Iraq equipment, the first time a bullet goes off in the air, they leave it.

Last week, I read 2,300 Humvees— these are big vehicles— were left behind for the enemy. 2,000? You would say maybe two, maybe four? 2,300 sophisticated vehicles, they ran, and the enemy took them.

Last quarter, it was just announced our growth in gross domestic product— a sign of strength, right? But not for us. It was below zero. Whoever heard of this? It’s shouldn't be below zero.

Our enemies are getting stronger and stronger by the way, and we as a country are getting weaker. Even our nuclear arsenal doesn’t work.

It came out recently they have equipment that is 30 years old. They don’t know if it worked. And I thought it was horrible when it was broadcast on television, because boy, does that send signals to Putin and all of the other people that look at us and they say, “That is a group of people, and that is a nation that truly has no clue. They don’t know what they’re doing. They don’t know what they’re doing.”

We have a disaster called the big lie: No Child Left Behind. No Child Left Behind.

This bill has been completely wrong for America, and has hurt the education of too many children. We need someone to lead America who will do something, not just talk.

Well, you need somebody, because politicians are all talk, no action. Nothing’s gonna get done. They will not bring us— believe me— to the promised land. They will not.

As an example, I’ve been on the circuit making speeches, and I hear my fellow Democrats. And they’re wonderful people. I like them. They all want me to support them. They don’t know how to bring it about. They come up to my office. I’m meeting with three of them in the next week. And they don’t know— “Are you running? Are you not running? Could we have your support? What do we do? How do we do it?”

I like them. And I hear their speeches. And they don’t talk jobs and they don’t talk China. When was the last time you heard China is killing us? They’re devaluing their currency to a level that you wouldn’t believe. It makes it impossible for our companies to compete, impossible. They’re killing us.

But you don’t hear that from anybody else. You don’t hear it from anybody else. And I watch the speeches.

I watch the speeches of these people, and they say the sun will rise, the moon will set, all sorts of wonderful things will happen. And people are saying, “What’s going on? I just want a job. Just get me a job. I don’t need the rhetoric. I want a job.”

So I’ve watched the politicians. I’ve dealt with them all my life. If you can’t make a good deal with a politician, then there’s something wrong with you. You’re certainly not very good. And that’s what we have representing us. They will never make America great again. They don’t even have a chance. They’re controlled fully— they’re controlled fully by the lobbyists, by the donors, and by the special interests, fully.

Yes, they control them. Hey, I have lobbyists. I have to tell you. I have lobbyists that can produce anything for me. They’re great. But you know what? it won’t happen. It won’t happen. Because we have to stop doing things for some people, but for this country, it’s destroying our country. We have to stop, and it has to stop now.

Now, our country needs— our country needs a truly great leader, and we need a truly great leader now. We need a leader that wrote “The Art of the Deal.”

We need a leader that can bring back our jobs, can bring back our manufacturing, can bring back our military, can take care of our vets. Our vets have been abandoned.

And we also need a cheerleader.

You know, when President Bush was elected, I said, “Well, the one thing, I think he’ll do well. I think he’ll be a great cheerleader for the country. I think he’d be a great spirit.”

He was vibrant. He was young. I really thought that he would be a great cheerleader.

He’s not a leader. That’s true. You’re right about that.

But he wasn’t a cheerleader. He’s actually a negative force. He’s been a negative force. He wasn’t a cheerleader; he was the opposite.

We need somebody that can take the brand of the United States and make it great again. It’s not great again.

We need— we need somebody— we need somebody that literally will take this country and make it great again. We can do that.

And, I will tell you, I love my life. I have a wonderful family. They’re saying, “Dad, you’re going to do something that’s going to be so tough.”

You know, all of my life, I’ve heard that a truly successful person, a really, really successful person and even modestly successful cannot run for public office. Just can’t happen. And yet that’s the kind of mindset that you need to make this country great again.

So ladies and gentlemen…I am officially running… for president of the United States, and we are going to make our country great again.

It can happen. Our country has tremendous potential. We have tremendous people.

We have people that aren’t working. We have people that have no incentive to work. But they’re going to have incentive to work, because the greatest social program is a job. And they’ll be proud, and they’ll love it, and they’ll make much more than they would’ve ever made, and they’ll be— they’ll be doing so well, and we’re going to be thriving as a country, thriving. It can happen.

I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created. I tell you that.

I’ll bring back our jobs from China, from Mexico, from Japan, from so many places. I’ll bring back our jobs, and I’ll bring back our money.

Right now, think of this: We owe China $1.3 trillion. We owe Japan more than that. So they come in, they take our jobs, they take our money, and then they loan us back the money, and we pay them in interest, and then the dollar goes up so their deal’s even better.

How stupid are our leaders? How stupid are these politicians to allow this to happen? How stupid are they? Our care to veterans is low. Our education is some of the worst in the world. We spend way too much on our military. Our economy is still not at where it could be. The American dream is dead.

But if I get elected president I will bring it back bigger and better and stronger than ever before, and we will make America great again.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 03:41:45 PM »

Howard Dean Press Conference Excerpt

Reporter: "Mr. Dean, I think multiple Americans who remember your 'Dean Scream' believe you are unelectable and 'too angry to win'. Do you think someone might have a point when they make comments close to this? If not, how do you believe you can win a general election?"

Howard Dean: "No, I don't. In 2006, I led our party into a landslide victory. We have won under my leadership in midterms, and I think we can win again. How? Election by election, state by state, precinct by precinct, door by door, vote by vote we can register hundreds of thousands of new voters and lead the current voters to take our country back for the people who built it!"
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »

Mike Gravel 2008: Let the People Decide!

I'm sorry to say this, America, but we're in a whole hell of a lot of trouble.

Look where we've come to in these last couple of years. This president of ours, George Bush, has shipped our boys to die overseas and has made the homeland a police state. Iraq was a losing battle from the beginning, and we're only getting dead bodies and more instability out of our reckless Middle East ventures. Meanwhile, people here are dying on the streets due to a lack of housing and healthcare. We're trillions of dollars in debt, our people aren't being taken care of, and our entire system of government is losing its legitimacy. Is it really any wonder why the American people are fed up?

I haven't been in public office for over 20 years, but I've felt compelled to come back in the arena after so long because I know that things are only going to go downhill from here without a real change. I'm Senator Mike Gravel, and I'm running for President of the United States. My campaign revolves around this basic idea: "Let the People Decide." My National Initiative legislation will let the people of this country make the big decisions instead of these career politicians who couldn't give a damn about the people. When should we go to war? Who gets taxed and how much? How will we handle our basic entitlement programs? For far too long, Congress has failed us and has worked against our interests. Now, how about we all become legislators for a change? With the National Initiative, regular citizens can have a direct voice in their government, and I guarantee you that we'll see better results and more accountability from it.

As I embark on this new chapter of my life, the skeptics and critics are going to come flying out. "Mike, do you really think you have a shot at this? Can you really make a dent in politics as we know it?" I may be a longshot, but I'm not a quitter. I'm going to fight to bring the American people a truly democratic system of government and I don't care what my detractors say. We'll have plenty of special interests oppose us along the way, you can be sure of that. But, with your help, and plenty of effort, we just may make a dent in the system—and we just may win. Thank you all.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 06:16:21 PM »

Finishing up Turn One for release tonight or tomorrow.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 10:01:38 PM »

Turn One - Yes We Can!

October 28th to November 3rd, 2007:

Real Clear Polling: National Democratic Primary:

Hillary Clinton: 29%
Barack Obama: 18%
Al Gore: 11%
Howard Dean: 9%
John Edwards: 8%
Donald Trump: 6%
Harry Reid: 4%
Jim Webb 2%
Dennis Kucinich: 1%
Mike Gravel: 1%
Al Sharpton: <1%
Undecided: 13%

CNN Special Report:

WOLF:  So, Christiane, how would you characterize the Democratic announcements?
CHRISTIANE:  Well, Wolf, change was the recurring theme among many Democratic contenders.  Obama, Edwards, Kucinich, Webb, and Reid led the charge for change.  Others, such as Dean and Gravel, called upon populist themes of returning decisionmaking to the people.  Clinton, Gore, and Trump, however, each staked out their own theme.  Clinton reminded us of the successes of Bill Clinton's administration, Gore emphasized his broad experience, while Trump has staked out his territory as the "anti-candidate."  Sharpton, unfortunately, has failed to provide an announcement after indicating his candidacy.
WOLF:  How are people responding to the candidates at this point?
CHRISTIANE:The response among the general public is really quite varied depending upon the candidate.  Hillary is wowing folks with her grasp of the issues, and her ability to draw on the successes of Bill Clinton's administration seem to resonant with voters.  But it is unclear whether this could possibly hurt her in the long term.  Time will tell.  Obama is definitely drawing in young and African American voters with his inspirational message of hope and change . . . but many voters have indicated they are waiting for him to be specific about his positions and policies. Voters seem to think Gore certainly has the credentials, but his charisma doesn't seem to match that strong background.   Dean seems to be garnering strong support and his promise to re-build his 2004 movement could catch on.  Edwards is strong on the theme of change, but hasn't given specifics yet, so people seem to be in "watch and wait" mode with him.  As for Trump, voters don't quite know how to take him, with some resonating with his "anti-establishment" persona.  As for Reid, his call for change seems to draw many in, but he seems to be providing mixed messages on some counts.  Webb, Kucinich, and Gravel have all begun to draw a strong committed few - it will be interesting to see if those few will blossom into many.
WOLF:  Thank you, Christiane.  We look forward to hearing more in the upcoming weeks.

Candidates, you have 48 hours to finish this. News Stories, IA + NH polling, and positive and negatives will be out for Turn 2.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 11:01:22 PM »

Gore Campaign Schedule:

October 28th:

Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
Rally in Ames, Iowa
Meet with Party leaders in Iowa
Joint Gore-Bredesen rally in Davenport, Iowa

Ad: Change for America (Playing in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina)

"I remember, eight years ago. America was on the right track, the economy was booming, then George W. Bush was "elected". Since then, jobs have gone down the toilet, growth is at an all time low, and we are engaged in a horrific war in Iraq where thousands of our own troops and civilians are being killed. The national debt will take us down if we don't change the way things are done. That's exactly what I've done as a Representative from Tennessee, and a Senator. I took parts in votes that have changed lives. I was then Vice President and co-produced several successful policies for America under President Clinton. I can provide the change AND experience needed to lead this country. That's why I'm asking for your support in this upcoming election, the most important of our lifetime. I'm Al Gore and I approve this message."

October 29th:

Joint Gore-Nelson rally in Waterloo, Iowa
Gore rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Phone Calls in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Fly to New Hampshire
Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire

October 30th:

Rally in Concord, New Hampshire
Rally in Berlin, New Hampshire
Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire
Joint Gore-Nelson Phone calls in Franklin, New Hampshire

October 31st:

Rally in Claremont, New Hampshire
Rally in Lebanon, New Hampshire
Halloween Celebration with campaign staff in Manchester, New Hampshire
Dinner with citizens in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Fly to Iowa

November 1st:

Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Phone Calls in Davenport, Iowa
Rally in Des Moines, Iowa
Meet with Party leaders in Ames, Iowa
Joint Gore-Bredesen dinner in Ames, Iowa

November 2nd:

Rally in Clinton, Iowa
Rally in Iowa City, Iowa
Rally in Ottumwa, Iowa
Dinner in Davenport, Iowa

November 3rd:

Fly to SC
Rally in Charleston, South Carolina
Rally in Columbia, South Carolina
Rally in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Rally in Sumter, South Carolina
Rests in Goose Creek, South Carolina
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 12:25:56 AM »

OOC: Harry Reid is running for President? No one thinks that's a little crazy or unrealistic?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2015, 08:52:19 AM »

the KKK member or Al Gore who claimed to invent the Internet. Or even Ms. Clinton who outsourced, many jobs during her life including her own to Monica Lewinsky

This attack on 'KKK' gore, and especially Hillary Clinton, whom I don't like, is horrible, especially the attack on Hillary Clinton.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 10:56:14 AM »
« Edited: November 26, 2015, 10:58:34 AM by Haslam2020 »

the KKK member or Al Gore who claimed to invent the Internet. Or even Ms. Clinton who outsourced, many jobs during her life including her own to Monica Lewinsky

This attack on 'KKK' gore, and especially Hillary Clinton, whom I don't like, is horrible, especially the attack on Hillary Clinton.

GORE STATEMENT on attacks by Reid (October 28th, 2008)

"Now I'm a lil' mad. Harry Reid, someone who's never done anything worthy in the Senate except for divide is now trying to attack me using haneous terms. Saying that because from the South I'm a KKK member, or that I invented the internet. This is pure politics, that's the Harry Reid way. I think the KKK is one of the most evil groups ever created, and I said I was just in a Senate committee that invented the internet. And what he's saying about Mrs. Clinton!? My goodness this man has no moral value and I call on him to apologize.  Harry Reid is pure politics and I refuse to succumb to the low level that he is at. I'm in it to win it, and in it to help America. God Bless y'all, God Bless America!"

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 04:14:29 PM »
« Edited: November 30, 2015, 05:20:58 PM by Kingpoleon »

October 28-November 3, 2007

Oct. 28:
- Town Hall in Manchester, NH
- Barnstorm Manchester, NH
- Town Hall in Manchester, NH(x3)

Oct. 29:
- Town Hall in Laconia, NH
- Town Hall in Laconia, NH
- Barnstorm Laconia, NH
- Town Hall in Conway, NH
- Town Hall in Conway, NH
- Barnstorm Conway, NH

Oct.30:
- Town Hall in Keene, NH
- Town Hall in Keene, NH
- Barnstorm Keene, NH
- Town Hall in Berlin, NH
- Barnstorm Berlin, NH
- Fundraiser in Concord, NH

Oct. 31:
- Town Hall in Lebanon, NH
- Town Hall in Lebanon, NH
- Barnstorm Lebanon, NH
- Town Hall in Nashua, NH
- Barnstorm Manchester, NH

Nov. 1:
- Town Hall in Concord, NH
- Town Hall in Concord, NH
- Barnstorm Concord, NH
- Town Hall in Derry, NH
- Town Hall in Derry, NH
- Barnstorm Derry, NH

Nov. 2:
- Town Hall in Dover, NH
- Town Hall in Dover, NH
- Barnstorm Dover, NH
- Town Hall in Claremont, NH
- Barnstorm Claremont, NH
- Outside Rally in Manchester, NH

OOC: Finished.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 10:37:04 PM »

Jim Webb campaign schedule
October 28
Rally in Des Moines, IO
Town hall in Des Moines, IO
Ad launch in Iowa and New Hampshire
"We need someone whose willing to compromise with the other side to get the change we need. No one else is capable of this kind of leadership except Jim Webb. Vote Webb 2008."
October 29
Rally in Ames, IO
Town hall in Ames, IO
Appearance on CBS News
Q&A with voters in Ames, IO
October 30
Rally in Davenport, IO
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IO
Town hall in Cedar Rapids, IO
October 31
Break
November 1
Fly to NH
Rally in Manchester, NH
November 2
Rally in Manchester, NH
Rally in Concord, NH
Rally in Nashua, NH
Rally in Derry, NH
November 3
Rally in Dover, NH
Rally in Rochester, NH
Rally in Salem, NH
Phone calls in NH
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 11:25:11 PM »

John Edwards Turn 1 Schedule

October 28th
Attend opening of campaign office in Des Moines, IA.
Barnstorm in Des Moines, IA.
"Tell me, how is it compassionate conservatism when you are denied the healthcare you need? How is it compassionate conservatism when your sons, and your daughters are sent to die in a country which we had no business being in? We must bring an end to these eight long years of 'compassionate' conservatism, and I am the man to do just that."
Barnstorm in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA.

October 29th
Attend opening of campaign office in Sioux City, IA.
Barnstorm in Sioux City, IA.
"We have to help farmers across the country. Year after year after year, they have seen their fortunes decline. We must halt this decline through a government investment in our independent farmers, to ensure that those who feed America, have enough to eat."
Barnstorm in Cherokee, IA.
Barnstorm in Storm Lake, IA.
Fundraiser in Sioux City, IA.

October 30th
Attend opening of campaign office in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Barnstorm in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Barnstorm in Iowa City, IA.
Rally in Davenport, IA.
"It is not acceptable that in the wealthiest nation in the world, that we do not guarantee healthcare as a right. It is not acceptable that a single illness can bankrupt a family. As your nominee, and as your President, I will push tirelessly for universal healthcare across this nation."

October 31st
Attend opening of campaign office in Charleston, SC.
Rally in Charleston, SC.
"We need a candidate who will not only represent the interests of those states which vote for Democrats in the election, but one who will represent the interest of Democrats across this country, from California, all the way down here in South Carolina."
Barnstorm in Walterboro, SC.
Barnstorm in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Fundraiser in Myrtle Beach, SC.

November 1st
Attend opening of campaign office in Columbia, SC.
Rally in Columbia, SC.
Barnstorm in Lexington, SC.
Barnstorm in Camden, SC.
"It is an absolute travesty and frankly embarrassing that in our nation, people in the south live in rates of poverty sometimes twice as high as that of their neighbors around the country. This must be remedied through a large national investment in our schools, roads, and small businesses."

November 2nd
Meet civic leaders in Manchester, NH.
Attend opening of campaign office in Manchester, NH.
Barnstorm in Manchester, NH.
Barnstorm in Nashua, NH.
"We must have a candidate who will protect your civil liberties. We must do away with an intrusive government, which puts their misguided search for security ahead of your civil rights as Americans."

November 3rd
Town hall in Council Bluffs, IA.
Town hall in Red Oak, IA.
"Look, this election isn't just about choosing your next President, this election is about choosing who will look out for your kids, who will you look out for you grand kids. We cannot have a continuation of the status quo, we need someone to shake up Washington, and I am that man."
Town hall in Urbandale, IA.
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies