Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:11:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries  (Read 6425 times)
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« on: November 19, 2015, 08:48:48 PM »

John Edwards Announcement

"My fellow Americans, we need a change. We need a change from the gridlock of divisiveness of eight years of Bush and Cheney. We need a change from the partisan politics that have dominated political discourse for the past decade. We must nominate a candidate who will unite the American people, not divide them, and that is why I am seeking the party's nomination for the Presidency of the United States.

We must ensure that every American has equal access to healthcare. We must ensure that the disastrous war in Iraq is brought to a prompt end. We must ensure that American honor is restored around the globe. I sincerely hope that you will place your trust in me to accomplish all that I have mentioned. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America."
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 11:25:11 PM »

John Edwards Turn 1 Schedule

October 28th
Attend opening of campaign office in Des Moines, IA.
Barnstorm in Des Moines, IA.
"Tell me, how is it compassionate conservatism when you are denied the healthcare you need? How is it compassionate conservatism when your sons, and your daughters are sent to die in a country which we had no business being in? We must bring an end to these eight long years of 'compassionate' conservatism, and I am the man to do just that."
Barnstorm in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA.

October 29th
Attend opening of campaign office in Sioux City, IA.
Barnstorm in Sioux City, IA.
"We have to help farmers across the country. Year after year after year, they have seen their fortunes decline. We must halt this decline through a government investment in our independent farmers, to ensure that those who feed America, have enough to eat."
Barnstorm in Cherokee, IA.
Barnstorm in Storm Lake, IA.
Fundraiser in Sioux City, IA.

October 30th
Attend opening of campaign office in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Barnstorm in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Barnstorm in Iowa City, IA.
Rally in Davenport, IA.
"It is not acceptable that in the wealthiest nation in the world, that we do not guarantee healthcare as a right. It is not acceptable that a single illness can bankrupt a family. As your nominee, and as your President, I will push tirelessly for universal healthcare across this nation."

October 31st
Attend opening of campaign office in Charleston, SC.
Rally in Charleston, SC.
"We need a candidate who will not only represent the interests of those states which vote for Democrats in the election, but one who will represent the interest of Democrats across this country, from California, all the way down here in South Carolina."
Barnstorm in Walterboro, SC.
Barnstorm in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Fundraiser in Myrtle Beach, SC.

November 1st
Attend opening of campaign office in Columbia, SC.
Rally in Columbia, SC.
Barnstorm in Lexington, SC.
Barnstorm in Camden, SC.
"It is an absolute travesty and frankly embarrassing that in our nation, people in the south live in rates of poverty sometimes twice as high as that of their neighbors around the country. This must be remedied through a large national investment in our schools, roads, and small businesses."

November 2nd
Meet civic leaders in Manchester, NH.
Attend opening of campaign office in Manchester, NH.
Barnstorm in Manchester, NH.
Barnstorm in Nashua, NH.
"We must have a candidate who will protect your civil liberties. We must do away with an intrusive government, which puts their misguided search for security ahead of your civil rights as Americans."

November 3rd
Town hall in Council Bluffs, IA.
Town hall in Red Oak, IA.
"Look, this election isn't just about choosing your next President, this election is about choosing who will look out for your kids, who will you look out for you grand kids. We cannot have a continuation of the status quo, we need someone to shake up Washington, and I am that man."
Town hall in Urbandale, IA.
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA.
YPestis25

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 11:29:51 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2015, 09:22:58 PM by YPestis25 »

Edwards Strategy Turn 1

Iowa
-Register new caucus goers
-Reach out to independents with message of being an outsider.
-Reach out to young voters with message of change.
-Appeal to rural voters by bringing up rural upbringing.

New Hampshire
-Register new primary voters
-Appeal to voters concerned about government surveillance

South Carolina
-Register new primary voters
-Reach out to African-American community through surrogates
-Reach out to conservative/moderate southern Democrats who are drawn to Edwards

National
-Use online fundraising
   -Tap into small donor base and grassroots support
-Display Edwards as a unifier, not a divider

Endorsers