Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:16:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries  (Read 6419 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« on: November 21, 2015, 01:33:14 PM »

Ready for Hillary in 2008 - Announcement Speech

New York, New York

"Hello, New York! Hello, America! Thank you, thank you for the warm welcome! Thank you!

My husband and I stand here in front of you today to talk about the past, the present, and the future. Today, America stands at an important crossroads - one perhaps more important than any we have ever seen in the past. Our nation is going through one of the largest financial crises since the Great Depression, the people of America are thwarted at every turn by the increasingly dangerous force of terrorism, and our country is in need of drastic changes in order to once more become the bastion of freedom and hope that the whole world looks up to with respect and admiration.

I ask you, America - are you better off today than you were during the eight years my husband was in office? Is there more money in your pockets? Does your family feel safer and more secure? Do your children still have a brighter future to look forward to under our current conditions? I'm going to let you answer those questions for yourselves, America, but I do have to point out that it does seem to make a difference when the current President's approval ratings are averaging around 30% right now compared to around 60% at the same time when my husband was in office.

Under the Clinton Administration, our nation soared to a new era of peace, prosperity, and hope never seen before by our nation's people. Our economy was benefiting all Americans, not just those at the top, our education system was assuring that all of our nation's children regardless of gender, socioeconomic status, or ethnicity would receive a high-quality and education that they could use and apply for years to come, and my husband's policies were making sure that the last remnants of the Cold War came to a safe, peaceful, and ultimate close. Under the Clinton Administration, the people in our nation could finally take a breath and look forward to the future without worry of war, recession, or regress.

But that all seemed to change when the Democrats were cheated out of a victory in 2000 even though they won the popular vote by a substantial margin. Under the influence of our current administration, unfair economic policies contributed to allowing America's rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer, our nation got entangled into a deadly mess of international conflicts that resulted in the deaths of thousands of Americans and innocent civilians abroad, and many in America lost hope for a brighter and more prosperous future. America, is that what you wanted?

But this is about what can happen, not what did. America, during the upcoming weeks and months, the people of our nation have an opportunity to come together and fight as one for a better future, and if we unite for progress and change, our nation will not only revisit the prosperity we saw under my husband's administration, but also enter a new era of hope for all. America, I want to be part of that fight, I want to make America great again, and because of that, I've decided to run for President of the United States in 2008.

Under a second Clinton Administration, America will again become the bastion of freedom and equality that it is known around the world for being, and every single person who calls America home will have the opportunity to once more look forward to a brighter future. I will fight for the rights and liberties of the American people, I will do whatever it takes to secure these rights and liberties, and I will make sure that whenever our nation's parents see smiles on their children's faces, they will know for sure that those smiles will be able to carry on for years and years to come.

Under my administration, I will fight for the rights of the average American. I will support the successful implementation of more easily accessible and affordable health care coverage for all, I will increase the funding and allocation of our nation's resources towards our nation's schools, and I will make sure that America concludes its combative involvement in the Middle East not only seeing the rise of new democracies throughout the region, but also seeing every single American man and woman fighting on foreign soil be able to come home safely to their families. Under my administration, the middle and lower classes will finally be able to put food on their tables without a worry, the people of our nation will once more be safe and secure from foreign or internal security risks, and America will finally be able to break the highest glass ceiling of rights for women, African-Americans, Hispanics, and those in the LGBT community once and for all.

America, now is a better time than ever to make the changes our nation needs to reach a new age of freedom and prosperity. America, I want to do whatever it takes to reach that new age, and because of that, I hope that we can all come together in support for a brighter future. Thank you, and good night!"
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 11:20:41 PM »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule

Day 1 -

Rally in Albany NH
Rally in Bristol NH
Rally in Claremont NH
Rally in Conway NH

Day 2 -

Rally in Dover NH
Rally in Keene NH
Rally in Lancaster NH
Rally in Lebanon NH

Day 3 -

Rally in Nashua NH
Rally in Merrimack NH
Rally in Meredith NH
Rally in Somersworth NH

Day 4 -

Rally in Sugar Hill NH
Rally in Temple NH
Rally in Warren NH
Rally in Woodstock NH

Day 5 -

Campaign event in Des Moines IA
Campaign event in Iowa City IA
Campaign event in Waterloo IA
Campaign event in Ankeny IA

Day 6 -

Campaign event in Mason City IA
Campaign event in Clinton IA (haha)
Campaign event in Burlington IA
Campaign event in Davenport IA

Day 7 -

Campaign event in Clive IA
Campaign event in Sioux City IA
Campaign event in Cedar Rapids IA
Campaign event in Newton

"People of America, I know you love my husband, Bill. As President, he helped millions of Americans of all races, genders, and socioeconomic statuses through his social programs and legislation, and I look up to him as a constant inspiration. But now is not about the past. Now is about the future, and how we can get ready for it. America, I am the candidate for the future! I believe that education is one of the most important fundamentals we need to focus on in order to have a better future for America, and that's why I support increased funding for education and higher pay for teachers. I believe that diversity is one of the cornerstones to a successful, prosperous society, and I support initiatives that help our friends in the African-American, Hispanic, Jewish, Muslim, and LGBT communities succeed. I'm ready for Hillary, the future is ready for Hillary, and America is ready for Hillary in 2008!"

Hillary has also spent a lot of this time showing off all of her young minority friends so everyone thinks she is a young minority friend. #youngminorityfriends

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies