Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:00:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries  (Read 6444 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« on: November 22, 2015, 02:56:33 AM »

At Cleveland City Hall, Ohio:

(Applause) Thank you

As we all know, the warmongerer in the white house George W. Bush and his pals Donald Rumsfeld have devoted billions of dollars to finding oil in the sands of Iraq, putting our son's lives at risk for their gain. In November of 2006 the voters stood up against the war, against the bloodshed, against the intrusions into our personal lives in the name of paranoia! Yet we've been disappointed when one of the first thing democratic majorities in congress did is pass a war apportions bill sending yet more billions into the quagmire that is Iraq!

(Boos)

The Democratic party needs a real voice for change, for peace, for fairness, for the restoration of our economy! As a former Mayor of Cleveland I understand the unique challenges we face as jobs move from our beloved American factories to sweatshops in third world countries, some even with child labor! The Bush administration has been complacent in allowing these companies to move overseas, to cheat honest Americans out of their careers. The Kucinich administration will not be. I will keep the steel mill open! I will keep the hospital open! From Ohio, to New York, to Oregon, from the west to the east, I will be a unifying figure for the true Democratic party that wants to get out of Iraq now, that wants to have a job now, that wants to keep our children safe from crime caused by guns, that wants and end to the corruption of Bush and the beginning of a new era!

I stand here, ready to light up America! I'm Dennis John Kucinich and I'm running for the president of the United States!

(cheers)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies