Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:17:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hope, Change, and that Cracked Glass Ceiling - The 2008 Democratic Primaries  (Read 6427 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: November 23, 2015, 06:51:43 PM »

Mike Gravel 2008: Let the People Decide!

I'm sorry to say this, America, but we're in a whole hell of a lot of trouble.

Look where we've come to in these last couple of years. This president of ours, George Bush, has shipped our boys to die overseas and has made the homeland a police state. Iraq was a losing battle from the beginning, and we're only getting dead bodies and more instability out of our reckless Middle East ventures. Meanwhile, people here are dying on the streets due to a lack of housing and healthcare. We're trillions of dollars in debt, our people aren't being taken care of, and our entire system of government is losing its legitimacy. Is it really any wonder why the American people are fed up?

I haven't been in public office for over 20 years, but I've felt compelled to come back in the arena after so long because I know that things are only going to go downhill from here without a real change. I'm Senator Mike Gravel, and I'm running for President of the United States. My campaign revolves around this basic idea: "Let the People Decide." My National Initiative legislation will let the people of this country make the big decisions instead of these career politicians who couldn't give a damn about the people. When should we go to war? Who gets taxed and how much? How will we handle our basic entitlement programs? For far too long, Congress has failed us and has worked against our interests. Now, how about we all become legislators for a change? With the National Initiative, regular citizens can have a direct voice in their government, and I guarantee you that we'll see better results and more accountability from it.

As I embark on this new chapter of my life, the skeptics and critics are going to come flying out. "Mike, do you really think you have a shot at this? Can you really make a dent in politics as we know it?" I may be a longshot, but I'm not a quitter. I'm going to fight to bring the American people a truly democratic system of government and I don't care what my detractors say. We'll have plenty of special interests oppose us along the way, you can be sure of that. But, with your help, and plenty of effort, we just may make a dent in the system—and we just may win. Thank you all.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 10:59:45 PM »

Mike Gravel Campaign Schedule: October 28-November 3

If you're angry as hell and you want change, by God, vote for real change! This campaign will be the vehicle for bringing back democracy and justice in our country. The first primaries are months away, but we must be diligent and build up this movement. We'll be stopping town by town, province by province. We've got to make real connections with the people! Soon enough, our work will pay off!

October 28
-Meet and Greet in Stratford, NH
-Meet and Greet in Marlow, NH
-Meet and Greet in Nelson, NH
-Meet and Greet in Langdon, NH
-Meet and Greet in Sugar Hill, NH

October 29
-Meet and Greet in Benton, NH
-Meet and Greet in Hebron, NH
-Meet and Greet in Hancock, NH
-Meet and Greet in Unity, NH
-Meet and Greet in Lincoln, NH

October 30
-Meet and Greet in Effingham, NH
-Meet and Greet in Cornish, NH
-Meet and Greet in Grafton, NH
-Meet and Greet in Bath, NH
-Meet and Greet in Jackson, NH

October 31
-Meet and Greet in Lempster, NH
-Meet and Greet in Richmond, NH
-Fundraiser in Nashua, NH
-Appearance on Hardball with Chris Matthews

November 1
-Opening of campaign office in Manchester, NH
-Meet and Greet in Orford, NH
-Town Hall in Epsom, NH
-Town Hall in Brookline, NH

November 2
-Meet and Greet in Newfields, NH
-Meet and Greet in Deering, NH
-Town Hall in Bow, NH
-Town Hall in Hollis, NH
-Rally in Concord, NH

November 3
-Opening of campaign office in Des Moines, IA
-Meet and Greet in Menlo, IA
-Meet and Greet in Sabula, IA
-Meet and Greet in Anita, IA
-Meet and Greet in Clarksville, IA

Statement on Harry Reid's Comments

Let's be real here, ladies and gentlemen: The comments that Senator Reid made were just ridiculous. We've got serious issues to talk about here! Meanwhile, he goes off and accuses a colleague of his in the Senate of being a member of the KKK! Give me a break! Harry Reid got his Democratic majority in the Senate last year. I say he should do the American people a favor and drop out of this race so he can focus on the jobs he already has as Senator and Majority Leader. That way, maybe he can stop President Bush's warmongering agenda and do us some good!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 11:39:24 PM »

Mike Gravel Campaign Strategy

-Focus on winning New Hampshire, the first-in-the-nation primary
-Invest a moderate amount of resources on Iowa and Nevada
-Appeal to students, antiwar progressives, and disaffected moderates
-Build a nationwide grassroots organization
-Raise online profile and establish strong social media presence