Should we allow more Jewish Germans to seek refuge? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:27:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Should we allow more Jewish Germans to seek refuge? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should we allow more Jewish Germans to seek refuge?  (Read 6447 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: November 19, 2015, 09:03:31 AM »

Because Jews from Germany were carrying out terrorist attacks all over the world Smiley
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 11:20:51 AM »

I probably missed the part where she, and other revolutionary communist Jews, invoked G-d and their Jewish traditions in the crimes they perpetrated.

Come on David, you know probably better than I do what people used to (and in many cases still do) say about Jews.
Frankly I'm not sure what you are trying to say. I do know what people said and sometimes still say about Jews. And I do know that many people who oppose taking in migrants now would have opposed taking in Jewish refugees, would have opposed taking in my own family members who were refugees. But that does not automatically mean that these situations are comparable; the comparison is, indeed, very flawed. The current practice of "country-hopping" to wealthier countries with safe countries as point of departure, for instance, is clearly not comparable to Jews' situation, who were literally begging to be accepted in any safe country. There is no comparison between the entitlement mentality many current migrants have and the way Jews behaved.

Does that mean we should not help these people? No. Does that mean we should not be compassionate to those people? No. We should definitely help them. But simply taking in as many Syrians (or people from warzones in general, as many of the current migrants are in fact not from Syria) as possible does not solve the tragedy that is taking place. In fact, we can help a lot more people if we coordinate this with poor yet safe and fairly stable countries, such as Turkey or, potentially, Morocco. It truly seems that taking in many refugees will only fan the flames in a Europe that is already very unstable, and the influx of Jewish migrants objectively did not create a similar kind of instability in society.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 07:21:04 AM »

Given the demographics of the current "refugees", South America's "refugee" policy during the 1940s might be a better example than North America's refugee policy during the 1930s.
Right on the money.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 11:34:00 PM »

A certain poster here, who claims to be Jewish, would happily leave those people to the Nazis: they were not real Jews to him, as they did not share his idea of what Jewishness means.
You could, of course, try to act as if this low blow was not directed at me, but we both know it was. This is unwarranted, and, for a moderator, inappropriate. Moreover, you know it is not true. In fact, the exact reason for you to post this, is that you know I do not like this kind of accusations. In sum, your post is bordering on defamation and I would like you to leave out the personal attack, and if you will not do so, I hope the moderator of this board will.

If you do not like my viewpoint on the current migrant crisis, which, in my opinion, does not have much to do with Jews' past (but that is entirely debatable and could be subject of a good discussion), you are by all means invited to reply to my posts, both here and on the IGD board. But in a serious manner please, without the implicit, nonsensical accusations, the personal attacks, and the bizarre detours. Given our history, though, I am pessimistic, which is why I have recently mostly ignored your contributions to this forum. If you are not interested in engaging in serious discussions with me, which is entirely okay with me, I would like that attitude to be reciprocal.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 12:33:43 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2016, 12:38:00 AM by דודב »

Why would I act like that? I, most definitely, had your posts in mind.

I do firmly believe that your posts in this thread are a direct attack on the memory of Jewish refugees, who fled Europe before WWII (unless, that is, you are willing to claim that you are entirely ignorant of the pre-WWII Jewish history). I do not take such attacks lightly. In fact, I find them - yes, I will use this word - blasphemous.

This has nothing to do with you personally (I do not know you personally), but with the despicable views you consistently expound. I guess, you do not differentiate between yourself and your views: but I am not responsible for that. I have been forced to abandon the International Discussion board, because I simply feel sick every time I read what you and your kind post (not to mention that your policy of complaining about every post of mine to the moderators makes my participation impossible). But I simply cannot let you defile the graves of the Jewish victims with impunity here.

I will not tolerate disrespect to the memory of the victims of the Nazis, no matter whether the source of this disrespect comes from somebody who claims to be Jewish or not.
Dude, I didn't exactly say much about Jewish refugees in this thread (my family were literally refugees themselves), let alone anything that is disrespectful. Your accusations are absurd and the idea that I am desecrating the memory of Jewish Shoa victims or Jewish refugees is even more absurd, and I hope Ernest will take down the specific libellous post in which you accuse me of being okay with nazis deporting Jews with whom I do not agree, for this has no place here. I am not responsible for your wild imagination or your bizarre interpretations of my posts. Stop stalking me on this forum and talking sh*t about me.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 01:01:37 AM »

You have mentally remade the Jews of the past in your own image. You, of course, would not abandon those idealised Jews of your imagination. But you have explicitly disowned the real Jews in this very thread.
This is all your interpretation; you clearly don't understand how I think (and I know better how I think than you). That's fine. But keep your interpretation yours. Don't post nonsense about me and don't stalk me. Shouldn't be too hard.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 01:17:17 AM »

I do not stalk you. I was in this thread before you came here. I have carefully avoided joining in conversations in which you participate for months now. You, it seems, will not be satisfied till I completely abandon these forums. I may still do this: the Nazi waive here is getting too high for me. But while I am still here, do not expect me to take quietly blasphemous offense against my people.

If you think differently, then do not say things that can only be interpreted this way.
Today, you are sh**tposting about me in this thread almost two months after I made my last post here, and you were posting insulting stuff about me on IGD long after I had put you on ignore. I have had enough of that.

I briefly considered explaining my position here and trying to engage in a discussion in an intellectually honest way, but I did that before in discussions with you and it was a true waste of time, as you seem to enjoy deliberately misinterpreting people's statements and creating easy strawmen in order to make people look bad (not only in my case, but that is cold comfort). Calling people nazis is also not exactly constructive, and it remains really rich to call me out on supposedly being too negative about Jews, as I figuratively stand up thinking about the well-being of my people and go to bed thinking of it. I do not ask you to abandon the forum. I ask you to ignore me.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 01:28:41 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2016, 01:33:02 AM by דודב »

1) I don't care about Jews being "civilized" (in whose eyes, btw?) or not, and I deeply prefer the shtetl Jew or the mellah Jew rather than the "white" Jew who apologizes for his people in order to fit in and be accepted -- in that sense I even think we tend to agree
2) I don't care about Jews being religious or not, as long as they have ahavat yisrael
3) I am deeply suspicious of people/"Jews" considering all sorts of causes "Jewish causes" -- from climate change to UFOs, in some cases -- while ignoring the pressing Jewish causes of our time and dismissing very real problems that Jews encounter in our time. I still recall you being incredibly offensive in a discussion regarding my and my community's safety in a big European city (and then we are not even talking about Israel). You don't get to talk about others being "offensive to my people" when you make that kind of statements.

Leave me, at least, the history threads, I thought I was safe here.
I would not have replied to this thread anymore if it weren't for you making libellous posts about me.

And now I am going to sleep. Goodbye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies