Koch bros have a private surveillance network that spies liberals!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:48:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Koch bros have a private surveillance network that spies liberals!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Koch bros have a private surveillance network that spies liberals!  (Read 1104 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 18, 2015, 07:12:39 PM »

What a bunch of fascist creeps.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/the-koch-brothers-intelligence-agency-215943#ixzz3rqvE8zuH

The operation, which is little-known even within the Koch network, gathers what Koch insiders refer to as "competitive intelligence" that is used to try to thwart liberal groups and activists, and to identify potential threats to the expansive network.

The competitive intelligence team has a staff of 25, including one former CIA analyst, and operates from one of the non-descript Koch network offices clustered near the Courthouse metro stop in suburban Arlington, Va. It has provided network officials with documents detailing confidential voter-mobilization plans by major Democrat-aligned groups. It also sends regular "intelligence briefing" emails tracking the canvassing, phone-banking and voter-registration efforts of labor unions, environmental groups and their allies, according to documents reviewed by POLITICO and interviews with a half-dozen sources with knowledge of the group.

The competitive intelligence team has gathered on-the-ground intelligence from liberal groups' canvassing events in an effort to assess the technology and techniques of field efforts to boost Democrats, according to the sources. And they say the team utilizes high-tech tactics to track the movements of liberal organizers, including culling geo-data embedded in their social media posts.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 07:42:01 PM »

Probably shouldn't be a surprise. Remember Walker's response to the "infiltration" remark in that Koch prank call? Bet it's an open secret with their politicians.

And yes, they are indeed fascist creeps.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 08:03:08 PM »

This is probably what DevotedDemocrat, or whatever his name, was. He was always asking for liberal opinions, never sharing his own, but if he did it would seem surprisingly conservative.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 08:43:21 PM »

This is literally extremely old news. I've known about this for years. It's called politics, Lyndon.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 01:22:39 AM »

This is literally extremely old news. I've known about this for years. It's called politics, Lyndon.

Yeah, I'm sure that if Soros or Tom Steyer had a similar network spying on NRA and tea party groups Republicans would be as nonchalant about it as you.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 02:48:31 AM »

Yeah, I'm sure that if Soros or Tom Steyer had a similar network spying on NRA and tea party groups Republicans would be as nonchalant about it as you.

I'm reasonably sure there is one out there right now!

Exactly.  That's just part of politics.  Oh well.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 04:11:27 AM »

I think you're giving Democratic donors too much credit. These people refused to contribute to Obama's Super PAC in 2012 (and Clinton's this year) because they are ideologically opposed to them.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 07:55:37 AM »

"If you ain't spyin', you ain't tryin'" - Bill Belichick
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 05:11:02 PM »

....they do. Have you heard me bitch about it? Looking up my public information is not "spying." For Christ's sake, I have access to every registered Florida voters address, phone number, who lives with them, and how many elections they voted in. It's called a database. Everyone has them.

I think you're giving Democratic donors too much credit. These people refused to contribute to Obama's Super PAC in 2012 (and Clinton's this year) because they are ideologically opposed to them.
Then where did they get that one billion from?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 07:22:06 PM »

Not a cheerleader for the Kochs,  but not sure how this differs from standard political opposition research work many parties and organizations engage in.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 08:30:52 PM »

They do. It's called the NSA.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 08:53:02 PM »

Landslide Lyndon runs out of things to talk about, hasn't he?

That was long, long ago.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies