Trump takes playbook from the Nazis, says he will create database of Muslims
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:48:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump takes playbook from the Nazis, says he will create database of Muslims
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Trump takes playbook from the Nazis, says he will create database of Muslims  (Read 7793 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2015, 01:40:14 AM »

"MOST LEFT-WING CANDIDATE IN THE RACE BECAUSE OF VAGUE HEALTHCARE COMMENTS, 'MIRITE GUISE?"

BEING RACIST IS SOMETHING ONLY RIGHT-WING PEOPLE CAN BE 'MIRITE GUISE?!

There are plenty of racist Democrats, but we don't let them write policy.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2015, 01:42:50 AM »

Thank god we have a real conservative in the race. All of these RINOs refuse to do what it takes.

Your hatred of this country and our values blinds your judgement.

Sorry, your Trump sign had me confused!

I support the Patriot Act, keeping GITMO open, enhanced interrogation techniques etc. but I support a balance between security and civil liberties.

your hatred of america and its values is appalling.

How will Trump know who's a Muslim? There are over 6,000,000 Muslims in the United States how can he be sure who is and isn't a Muslim?

psst.  You're in the wrong party...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/religion/man-behind-mosque/america-and-muslims-by-the-numbers/

Unless you are willing to go full Piyush Jindal and disavow your religion and white wash your whole existance, some of it literally, you will never be fully accepted by them.  Get used to it buddy.

Oh yeah cause a majority of Muslims are Democrats (a recent phenomenon mind you) that must mean I HAVE to be a Democrat....

you don't "have" to be, but supporting a party that actively and openly hates you is not the brightest of ideas.
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 07:47:52 AM »

This guy is a serious statist and he knows how to take advantage of right wing populists, that's for sure. I can understand wanting to reduce Immigration from Islamic countries or skepticism towards the Syrian refugee program but making a database? That's unbelievable.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 09:22:53 AM »

Trump is an idiot. I'd like to say that he will never be POTUS, but I don't know. Let's all hope I'm right. When he was pushed on the issue, all he could say to the reporter is, "what do you think", he had a hateful look in his eye, because he knew that he was trapped.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 12:39:41 PM »

Unless someone is talking about sealing the borders to ensure no one can escape their plans for total extermination of the ethnic group, I really don't want to hear Nazi comparisons.

Yeah, you just go ahead enjoy your freedoms and liberties while certain Americans get rounded up and branded like cattle. Guess what, fascism starts somewhere and ends up where you are saying. This is the starting point. Sorry you don't want to hear that...

It is very similar to how the Japanese were treated, you had the Japanese government hell bent on world domination with the Emperor in charge, after PH people had mass hysteria towards people of Japanese descent so therefore were interned due to fear of "sleeper cell" congrats we're 21st century Japanese.

I always wondered ........
What about Nazi Americans during WWII ? Before America entered the war, and during the first year or so, Nazi Americans where parading and forming clubs/organizations, and openly touting their allegiance to German ways.

Did we not have "the German government hell bent on world domination with a psycho in charge" ? (As you say)
Why weren't German-Americans "interned due to fear of sleeper cells" ?

Oh wait ..... they were white, it just dawned on me.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2015, 12:50:34 PM »

This thread is a great example of how little people are dedicated to a cause. When we started off, everything was wonderful, and everyone cool was on board, but Trump says one little bit borderline crazy thing, and people are jumping off the ship? What is wrong with you all? Don't many of you defend Roosevelt for the same thing? I for one am bravely standing with Donald. Clearly he is just pandering.

Trump is an idiot. I'd like to say that he will never be POTUS, but I don't know. Let's all hope I'm right. When he was pushed on the issue, all he could say to the reporter is, "what do you think", he had a hateful look in his eye, because he knew that he was trapped.

Trump never speaks with hate. Never. Only love.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2015, 12:55:11 PM »

.... Trump says one little bit borderline crazy thing, and people are jumping off the ship?

One ?!?!
Only "one little bit borderline crazy thing" ?!?!
Where have you been for the last 3 to 4 months ?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2015, 12:58:56 PM »

You guys know that even if he wins this isn't happening, right?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2015, 01:00:52 PM »

Unless someone is talking about sealing the borders to ensure no one can escape their plans for total extermination of the ethnic group, I really don't want to hear Nazi comparisons.

Yeah, you just go ahead enjoy your freedoms and liberties while certain Americans get rounded up and branded like cattle. Guess what, fascism starts somewhere and ends up where you are saying. This is the starting point. Sorry you don't want to hear that...

So...you cut the entire point of my post to focus on the less important second part. Great.

My entire point is that this country has done things like this before. Registering and imprisoning entire ethnic groups out of paranoia. Comparing it to Hitler's insane desire to wipe the world clean of Jews is inflammatory and frankly unnecessary if this country would stop running from its own sins.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2015, 01:02:18 PM »

It is very similar to how the Japanese were treated, you had the Japanese government hell bent on world domination with the Emperor in charge, after PH people had mass hysteria towards people of Japanese descent so therefore were interned due to fear of "sleeper cell" congrats we're 21st century Japanese.

I always wondered ........
What about Nazi Americans during WWII ? Before America entered the war, and during the first year or so, Nazi Americans where parading and forming clubs/organizations, and openly touting their allegiance to German ways.

Did we not have "the German government hell bent on world domination with a psycho in charge" ? (As you say)
Why weren't German-Americans "interned due to fear of sleeper cells" ?

Oh wait ..... they were white, it just dawned on me.

And unlike with Japanese-Americans, there were actual Nazi sympathizer groups openly working in the country. The German-American Bund and America First. They weren't outlawed.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2015, 01:03:17 PM »

Very likely, yes. The Supreme Court would slap him down.

Trump may be the most egomaniacal President since FDR, though, so I wouldn't be surprised by him attempting to repeat his gambit and pack the court.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2015, 01:42:09 PM »

An excellent idea!  I hope it comes to fruition.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »

.... Trump says one little bit borderline crazy thing, and people are jumping off the ship?

One ?!?!
Only "one little bit borderline crazy thing" ?!?!
Where have you been for the last 3 to 4 months ?
In fantasy land, obviously.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2015, 01:47:48 PM »

It's hilarious how you guys actually think he believes half the stuff he says.
You may be right, but for many reasons, that is a pretty naïve thing to say. He is (supposedly) running for POTUS, and to treat it all like a fun game is in itself a despicable thing to do. I mean does anyone take Rush Limbaugh seriously? He isn't running for POTUS, so that's different. This guy may not be a serious candidate, but he is screwing up the election. If he loses, then we can laugh.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2015, 01:50:05 PM »

This thread is a great example of how little people are dedicated to a cause. When we started off, everything was wonderful, and everyone cool was on board, but Trump says one little bit borderline crazy thing, and people are jumping off the ship? What is wrong with you all? Don't many of you defend Roosevelt for the same thing? I for one am bravely standing with Donald. Clearly he is just pandering.

Trump never speaks with hate. Never. Only love.
I am sure Hitler's supporters thought likewise.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2015, 01:52:39 PM »

So we're supposed to vote for people who say crazy things because they won't happen?
Your argument is not very good.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2015, 02:08:41 PM »

So...you cut the entire point of my post to focus on the less important second part. Great.

My entire point is that this country has done things like this before. Registering and imprisoning entire ethnic groups out of paranoia. Comparing it to Hitler's insane desire to wipe the world clean of Jews is inflammatory and frankly unnecessary if this country would stop running from its own sins.

Sorry for holding you accountable for something ridiculous you said even if it wasn't the main point of your post. If you want your main point then here:

Wouldn't this have more in common with the beloved FDR's imprisonment of an entire ethnic group during a war?

But to address your main point, of course in the past our governments did sh*tty things. Some of our best presidents owned slaves, but that doesn't mean we can't hail them for the progressive change they brought to our country just because they did something commonly practiced at the time that wouldn't fly now. The point is that progressive change HAS happened, and we know better now, and garbage like this shouldn't be acceptable now. FDR did not great things that he should be criticized for. But he also did a great amount of work to move our country forward and make it a better place for everyone to live. Trump wants to take us back at least 70 years and possibly to even a worse place than that, even though we as a society know better now.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2015, 02:09:38 PM »

Korematsu v U.S. is still the law of the land. Mass internment camps are still constitutional according to Supreme Court precedent.

Your historical fact of the day.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2015, 02:13:09 PM »

I'm 100% confident that Trump does not actually believe this. Not that it excuses him, but that's the truth of the matter.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2015, 02:18:38 PM »

People are telling there is no way in hell that this guy will ever be POTUS.
I am sure people were saying that about George W Bush and look at the mess
he created. Unless you commit to never voting for this kook, even if by
some miracle he is the GOP nominee, you might as well say that you want
eight years of hell, eight years of economic depression and eight years
or more of another war.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2015, 02:20:54 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2015, 02:22:32 PM by smilo »

Honestly? I just want to come home every night and be able to watch Donald Trump on tv. If that could continue for another 8 years, I'd be soooo happy.

I'll take Max's statement a step further. I am 100% confident Jeb Bush would be worse for Muslims than Donald Trump.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2015, 02:27:38 PM »

It's hilarious how you guys actually think he believes half the stuff he says.

You want to hear something "hilarious," well ...
There is a sizeable group within the Republican electorate, who "actually believe the stuff he (Trump) says."
Regardless if Trump really believes or not, Trump says these things because there are nutty uneducated Republicans who want to believe in it, and who will vote for him, because they do believe in these extreme "possible policies' he may bring.

The intellectual Republicans on this site, know this is true. They (probably you, DeadPrez) just don't want to talk about it or admit to it, because it's embarrassing to them and to their party.
The more nutty things Trump says, the more wood some of the "crazies" sport.

The one thing I just continue to struggle with in my mind, is how can the top two candidates so far (Trump and Carson) who say crazy things, can be liked so much ?!?! (According to the polls.)
Are there that many nutty Republicans in the general public ?
If they're wacky enough to believe that Obama is really a Muslim/Arab/Not-born-in-USA, they probably truly believe in this (database of Muslims) and other nutty things Trump says.

Now that is "hilarious" .... and scary.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2015, 02:30:46 PM »

Honestly? I just want to come home every night and be able to watch Donald Trump on tv. If that could continue for another 8 years, I'd be soooo happy.

I'll take Max's statement a step further. I am 100% confident Jeb Bush would be worse for Muslims than Donald Trump.
OK, I don't think you are being serious. I don't know if you are a serious Trump supporter, but the guy is obviously nuts. Being on snl is one thing. Being POTUS is something else. If he is elected, I doubt we'll all be living in the Garden of Eden in 2018.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2015, 02:33:22 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2015, 01:34:23 PM by Sheriff Buford TX Justice »

How will Trump know who's a Muslim? There are over 6,000,000 Muslims in the United States how can he be sure who is and isn't a Muslim?

psst.  You're in the wrong party...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/religion/man-behind-mosque/america-and-muslims-by-the-numbers/

Unless you are willing to go full Piyush Jindal and disavow your religion and white wash your whole existance, some of it literally, you will never be fully accepted by them.  Get used to it buddy.

Oh yeah cause a majority of Muslims are Democrats (a recent phenomenon mind you) that must mean I HAVE to be a Democrat....

Never said you have to be a Democrat.  I offered a solution.  Go full Piyush Jindal and sh-t all over Islam.  Then they might throw you a bone.

Bobby Jindal (call him what he wants to be called) was not a muslim, he was a Hindu. And I don't think he has shat all over Hinduism, or India. He just has certain views on assimilation.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2015, 02:40:38 PM »

Well singling out members of one religion for a data base is not going to sit well with the Federal Courts. Trump has an almost perfect record of coming up with horrible ideas that are impossible to implement, either because they don't pencil, or are illegal (e.g. mass deportations of 11 million people without due process, and this idea of his), or because the Mexicans and the Chinese et al are not actually his employees who he can order around and fire.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies