Trump takes playbook from the Nazis, says he will create database of Muslims
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:03:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump takes playbook from the Nazis, says he will create database of Muslims
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Trump takes playbook from the Nazis, says he will create database of Muslims  (Read 7789 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2015, 02:51:38 PM »

Korematsu v U.S. is still the law of the land. Mass internment camps are still constitutional according to Supreme Court precedent.

Your historical fact of the day.

I have llittle doubt it would be overruled like Lawrence v. Texas or plessey v. Ferrguson if it came before the Court again (though not unanimously so)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2015, 02:58:59 PM »

Well, hopefully all those people saying that they'd vote for Trump are just drunk and when they sober up will support Rand Paul. I think a Paul-Clinton race or a Paul-Sanders race or a O'Mally-Paul race would be funner than seeing Trump stay in the race another minute.
I hope some day we'll all look back on this and laugh. I don't know. Maybe the moon really is made of green cheese.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2015, 04:32:03 PM »

I disagree 100%. Trump is the most sane person in the Republican field because he understands politics is a battlefield, not a policy listing contest. I have a metaphor for what trump is doing -  Donald Trump is the matador, waving an insane right-wing (the flag) in front of the rest of the GOP field, representing a bull. The bull will definitely run towards it, as Trump pulls it away (in this metaphor, backing away from the policy).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2015, 05:58:32 PM »

You guys know that even if he wins this isn't happening, right?

Very likely, yes. The Supreme Court would slap him down.

Trump may be the most egomaniacal President since FDR, though, so I wouldn't be surprised by him attempting to repeat his gambit and pack the court.
No, he wouldn't even try it. It was said at a rally. It is nothing more than a soon to be broken campaign promise.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2015, 06:05:12 PM »

Thank god we have a real conservative in the race. All of these RINOs refuse to do what it takes.

So what you're saying is, I should be profiled and forced to wear a star and moon symbol?

Yes, that is pretty much exactly what Trump is staying.

What else would you expect from a man running the most overly fascist campaign since the 1932 campaign for Reichspresident.?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2015, 06:14:22 PM »

Well now Trump is saying that he never said this and is blaming the reporter.  Carson is also attacking the media for his 'rabid dog' comment. So perhaps yesterday was the peak for crazy Islamaphobia comments (hopefully).
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2015, 07:15:13 PM »

Thank god we have a real conservative in the race. All of these RINOs refuse to do what it takes.

So what you're saying is, I should be profiled and forced to wear a star and moon symbol?

What else would you expect from a man running the most overly fascist campaign since the 1932 campaign for Reichspresident.?
Roosevelt did far extreme things in WWII.
And now we are at war against Islamofascists, so we should take whatever measures are necessary to protect the country.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2015, 08:32:17 PM »

So we're supposed to vote for people who say crazy things because they won't happen?
Your argument is not very good.
Neither is your sentence formatting.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2015, 08:38:08 PM »

So we're supposed to vote for people who say crazy things because they won't happen?
My formatting sentence, it with wrong what's?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2015, 08:40:08 PM »

My formatting sentence, it with wrong what's?
Que?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2015, 08:41:44 PM »

"MOST LEFT-WING CANDIDATE IN THE RACE BECAUSE OF VAGUE HEALTHCARE COMMENTS, 'MIRITE GUISE?"

This is big government. Big government spying is left wing.

°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2015, 08:42:28 PM »

translation, ?What's wrong with my sentence formatting, Mr que?
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2015, 08:53:30 PM »

So, anyway, what's the next stupid thing Trump is going to say? Does anybody know? I'm sure it will be pretty bad and that's all the press will talk about for the next three days, and before you know it everyone will have forgotten about it. That's the way this election is going in case nobody has noticed.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2015, 09:18:55 PM »

I start to respect libertarians more and more every time Trump opens his mouth.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2015, 09:24:10 PM »

And now we are at war against Islamofascists, so we should take whatever measures are necessary to protect the country.

Roll Eyes
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2015, 12:49:22 AM »

Wouldn't this have more in common with the beloved FDR's imprisonment of an entire ethnic group during a war?

Unless someone is talking about sealing the borders to ensure no one can escape their plans for total extermination of the ethnic group, I really don't want to hear Nazi comparisons.

The incarceration of Japanese-Americans applied to only some of the states.

It was difficult to determine which Japanese-Americans were disloyal (probably because there were practically no disloyal Japanese-Americans).  There were obvious examples of disloyal German-Americans and Italian-Americans. Even if it was wrong, Japanese-Americans were treated with comparative kindness in their internment.

The database that Donald Trump proposes is based upon religion. As such it certainly violates the freedom of religion as established in the First Amendment as well as several other parts of the Constitution.

This proposal falls neatly into the "don't even think about it" category. By saying this Donald Trump is completely unqualified to be President. He's a ruthless demagogue.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2015, 02:12:27 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2015, 02:39:58 AM by Runeghost »

Yes, the US government did extreme things in WWII... after two nations with a combined population of 140 million formally declared war. And even then, after the war, the US eventually agreed some of those things, including those most resembling Trump's proposals, were wrong.

"Islamofascist" is a meaningless term. I don't see any declaration of war in Congress. "Whatever is neccessary to protect the country" is facile idiocy, also utterly lacking in meaning.

Your sort of ignorance, stupidity and fearmongering appears popular this year, though, so Trump's abject cowardice and utter rejection of any sort of virtue  in the face of a few thousand bereft people form Syria will probably only help his chances.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2015, 05:27:33 AM »

When the folks get scared they will turn to whatever and whomever to protect themselves.

Trump is def playing on that fear .

Trojan Horses and muslim trackers and he still shoots up to nearly 40% in the polls.  America is finally tired of the same ole same OLD.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2015, 11:19:53 AM »

Republicans favour Muslim database registration by 60-32 (YouGov):

https://today.yougov.com/opi/surveys/results#/survey/62cf3370-8f9a-11e5-8ad9-005056a875d9
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »

In Austria, btw, Trump's idea is already the case (although voluntarily).

When people have to register themselves at a town hall in the CPR (central population register) after moving into a city, they can also register their religion (although you can also leave it blank of course). About 99% of people still indicate a religious or non-religious status though for some reason and only a handful opt for leaving the space blank ...

Which means the religious makeup of the country could be easily compiled at any given time our register-based Census is conducted - using the CPR numbers, but it's not (=> because asking census questions about religious composition was scrapped after the 2001 Census here because it's too "sensitive" of an issue these days. The 2011 register-based Census was the first without a religious composition question).
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies