LA- JMC: Vitter surging and Edwards collapsing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:25:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA- JMC: Vitter surging and Edwards collapsing
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: LA- JMC: Vitter surging and Edwards collapsing  (Read 6524 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2015, 03:54:17 PM »

Of course Vitter is going to win.

Do you really believe the LA whites are going to vote for a democrat when basically a black democrat is the president?

This is the south guys.

Yeah, that's why noted racist state Tennessee voted for two Democratic Senators and a Democratic governor in 1994 - if Bill Clinton only had been black, they obviously would have lost. Oh wait...
Come on. Obama is a horrible fit for the South in general and the Obama factor plays a role here, no one doubts that, but if Vitter wins (which I still don't believe), it will be because LA Whites just realized that he has an R next to his name and that he's more conservative than Edwards.

On twitter I read about another tracking poll that has Edwards up 50-40 and the pollster did not find any bump for Vitter. Vitter is toast, it's time to accept it and move on.

^^^ LA polls actually underestimated Mary Landrieu's showing in the runoff by a considerable margin.
This is a simple fact.  The reason Obama is unpopular in the South is not due to racism; it's due to the fact that he's far too liberal for Southern white voters.  A white Democrat with his views wouldn't be well liked down there, either.

If it were merely a question of racism, then could someone please explain to me why they elected Mark Pryor, Mary Landrieu, Kay Hagan, Jim Folsom, Jim Hood, Kathleen Blanco, etc. ?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2015, 03:56:48 PM »

lol I just love the whole South is racist b/c they're voting against Democrats theory. I'll just repost one of my responses to this hilarious idea from AAD (can't believe I'm agreeing with IndyRep.)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

TNF's response is also pretty damn spot on:

Quoting someone who basically believes that North Korea is much better than America. Lol lol.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 03:57:53 PM »

lol I just love the whole South is racist b/c they're voting against Democrats theory. I'll just repost one of my responses to this hilarious idea from AAD (can't believe I'm agreeing with IndyRep.)

Quoting someone who basically believes that North Korea is much better than America. Lol lol.

TNF is not wrong all the time... remember when you voted for a lot of his legislation in Atlasia? Tongue
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 03:58:11 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2015, 04:01:37 PM by Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite »

The level of hypocrisy is funny.

I will just post the exit polls of one southern state:
http://edition.cnn.com/election/2012/results/state/MS/president/#

89% of the whites voted for Romney in MS, 96% of the blacks voted for Obama.

But yes, #Colorofyourskindoesntmatter
Was that because of racism, or because Southern whites are typically conservative and blacks liberal?  Obama is the most left-wing president in modern memory--nobody with his views, black or white, could get elected in the South.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 04:04:43 PM »

TNF is not wrong all the time... remember when you voted for a lot of his legislation in Atlasia? Tongue
I guess when someone believes a such absurdity like about North Korea, you avoid quoting him if you want to demonstrate something?

_____

Was that because of racism, or because Southern whites are typically conservative and blacks liberal?  Obama is the most left-wing president in modern memory--nobody with his views, black or white, could get elected in the South.
Because of racism, not for all of them, but denying that Racism doesn't matter is quite hypocrit. No need to remind everyone that David Duke carried the white vote in 1991 in LA lol, a white supremacist!!!!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2015, 04:09:33 PM »

I guess when someone believes a such absurdity like about North Korea, you avoid quoting him if you want to demonstrate something?

Yes, but in this case I agree with every word he wrote and think that he's absolutely correct. It would be ad hominem to try to dismiss his argument because of unrelated statements that he's made in the past!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2015, 04:15:23 PM »

Yes, but in this case I agree with every word he wrote and think that he's absolutely correct. It would be ad hominem to try to dismiss his argument because of unrelated statements that he's made in the past!
Well, an another proof to show that your point of view is totally dumb if you cannot argue without quoting someone well known for his quite dumb views about the world.

Well, that's exactly my point.

The national democratic party is too pro-black for the south.

Are you calling every state that voted for Romney and/or Republican in 2010/2014 racist? Democrats blaming every loss on racism, low turnout, voter fraud, voter suppression, big money, the Kochs, etc. etc. will lead to an even bigger Republican landslide in 2018. You guys will be lucky if there's still a single Democratic Romney state Senator left after the 2018 elections.
No, I'm talking about the South.
So let me get this straight: the South is racist when they vote for Republicans, but not when they vote for Democrats?

You see, Virginia turned from a friggin' racist gay-bashin' redneck hellhole to a MASSIVE FF state in less than 4 years. Smiley

It's not surprising that you cannot answer with anything else than a "gift", maybe you will start saying themajority of LA whites voted for David Duke because of conservative values in 1991?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2015, 04:19:51 PM »

Turkisblau won the argument as soon as Windjammer stopped actually arguing the point and instead called him dumb because Turk called him out on an incredibly common logical fallacy.

It also helps that I completely agree with Turk on this. The snide attitude of the Democratic Party is a complete turn-off to people of the South.
Zache

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2015, 04:20:34 PM »

Funny thing is, I think Obama outperformed any hypothetical white Democrat with a similar personality and views in the Deep South because of higher than normal black turnout.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2015, 04:25:37 PM »

Turkisblau won the argument as soon as Windjammer stopped actually arguing the point and instead called him dumb because Turk called him out on an incredibly common logical fallacy.

It also helps that I completely agree with Turk on this. The snide attitude of the Democratic Party is a complete turn-off to people of the South.

No, it's just I didn't bother reading about what could be the thoughts of someone who believes North Korea is better than the USA.

I'm not going to start talking like "blabla we don't have to accept the refugees, blabla I'm tough on crimes so blacks won't be able to vote blabla", even if it is a complete turn-off of the South.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2015, 04:46:47 PM »

Well, when basically 96% of the blacks vote for Obama and when basically 90% of the whites vote for Romney: race is a factor.

And yes, Obama quite overperformed the black vote, compared with the previous election. Kerry, Gore,... got 90% of the black vote. Obama 98% in 2008 and 96% in 2012. So yes, the fact he was a black candidate was a factor.

Regarding the white vote, yes, the fact that Obama was elected president quite killed the democratic party in the southern states.

When you realize that basically the whites almost unanimously voted for the republican candidate and the blacks unanimously voted for the democratic candidate, you cannot say that the race isn't a factor in states in the deep south like MS and LA.
Even today, 44% of the MS republicans don't support interracial marriage. And Edwin Edwards lost the white vote over David Duke in 1991, who is basically a white supremacist.

You're talking about North Carolina and Virginia, these 2 states aren't the deep south like Louisiana and Mississippi. Yes, race is still a factor in these countries but is simply much less divisive than in the deep south.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2015, 03:14:41 PM »

This poll is extremely concerning to Edwards. Now below 50, there is a good chance Vitter could snag this away. This is only one poll, but as the most recent one it has to be terrible news for Edwards. It suggests that some of Edwards previous support is actually turning away from him to Vitter, instead of all the undecideds going to Vitter (as there's still 10%).
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2015, 03:53:26 PM »

Well, that's exactly my point.

The national democratic party is too pro-black for the south.

Are you calling every state that voted for Romney and/or Republican in 2010/2014 racist? Democrats blaming every loss on racism, low turnout, voter fraud, voter suppression, big money, the Kochs, etc. etc. will lead to an even bigger Republican landslide in 2018. You guys will be lucky if there's still a single Democratic Romney state Senator left after the 2018 elections.

Can 2018 be any worse? Dems are at a nadir right now.

2018 certainly could be worse. The Romney state senators aren't the only vulnerable ones.

Back on topic, it's always been a possibility that Vitter could win because enough Republicans might come home for him. If Vitter does win, the message will be that candidate quality is virtually irrelevant. Most Republicans are going to vote Republican, no matter how horrible their candidate is. The same is true for most Democrats.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2015, 01:51:14 PM »

Junk Poll!
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2015, 09:05:25 PM »

lol throwback
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2015, 07:46:13 PM »

Someone the base loves, Howard Dean, could get elected, but you become intolerant and make him apologize when he says, "I want the votes of Confederate-flag waving white guys in the South" for stereotyping when he makes a metaphor. Or saying "Not everyone who waves a Confederate flag is racist." is race-baiting.

There's a reason the Souh votes for Manchin but not CEO Nunn. She embodies the elitism Democrats always have over the South, while his populism connects to us. While my stances may Tilt D, I support Asa because he is moderate and not an elitist. The Democrats here are so elitist and out of touch it's not even funny.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies