Should Jeb get sent to the kiddie table?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:18:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Should Jeb get sent to the kiddie table?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Should Jeb get sent to the kiddie table?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Should Jeb get sent to the kiddie table?  (Read 1019 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 21, 2015, 12:42:52 AM »

He's polling around Christie and Huckabee now in most polls, so of course.

(Fiorina, Kasich and Paul should too of course but that kind of goes without saying.)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 12:47:13 AM »

Oh please, he's in 5th of 14 candidates. Some of the anti-Bush fanatics on here crack me up. Should Ron Paul have been considered second-tier in 2012? How about Rudy Giuliani in 2008? Or even Steve Forbes in 2000. Bush should be in the main debate based on his polling.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 12:51:09 AM »

Oh please, he's in 5th of 14 candidates. Some of the anti-Bush fanatics on here crack me up. Should Ron Paul have been considered second-tier in 2012? How about Rudy Giuliani in 2008? Or even Steve Forbes in 2000. Bush should be in the main debate based on his polling.

Ron Paul was in double digits in almost every poll. Giuliani actually led many polls early on and didn't begin his massive collapse until Iowa almost voted. Steve Forbes got double digits in every state he actually contested. None are even remotely comparable to Mr. 4% Low Energy Loser Jeb!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 12:52:23 AM »

He gets some respect from journalists because he is the son and brother of former Presidents.

He lacks the zest to get the nomination. I almost think that someone has something devastating on him -- maybe official corruption or definitive evidence about the 2000 Presidential election that, if disclosed, would make him a laughing stock.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 12:57:16 AM »

No. He should drop out and endorse Kasich.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 12:59:59 AM »

Jeb should get sent to the cuck shed.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 01:00:19 AM »

Anyone from the #BushCrimeFamily should be in the kiddie table debates
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 01:03:31 AM »

The debates should really only be between Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, and Ben Carson, and even Ben Carson being there is debatable (AH!!!!).
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 01:06:27 AM »

I have said nice things about Rand Paul and I mean them. I made the mistake of automatically assuming he was the same as his father, who by the way is a wacko who cares more about the rights of terrorists than the security of Americans and enjoyed strong support from white supremacists. I have since changed course. So this idea that because Jeb Bush is a Bush means he's just like his father and brother is silly, and the Bush's are public servants and patriots, not criminals.

The debates should really only be between Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, and Ben Carson, and even Ben Carson being there is debatable (AH!!!!).

I am for a debate between the adults: Bush, Rubio, Kasich, Paul, and Fiorina.  
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 01:10:36 AM »

I have said nice things about Rand Paul and I mean them. I made the mistake of automatically assuming he was the same as his father, who by the way is a wacko who cares more about the rights of terrorists than the security of Americans and enjoyed strong support from white supremacists. I have since changed course. So this idea that because Jeb Bush is a Bush means he's just like his father and brother is silly, and the Bush's are public servants and patriots, not criminals.

Says the guy who supports statist ideals and who supports the brother of the guy who helped murdered a million plus Iraqis on false pretenses and nearly wrecked our economy....
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 01:21:51 AM »

Also I hate to break it to you dudeabides but no one wants another Bush presidency it's pretty evident in the polls and endorsements and the sooner you realize that the better it will be not just for you but for every one else aa well.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 06:40:24 AM »

He should drop out (like many others). Trump, Carson, Rubio and Cruz are the only candidates with a serious chance.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 07:36:06 AM »

Says the guy who supports statist ideals and who supports the brother of the guy who helped murdered a million plus Iraqis on false pretenses and nearly wrecked our economy....

Saying that Jeb is unfit to be President because his brother did this that or the other is basically the equivalent of saying Kennedy was unfit to be President because his Dad advocated throwing in the towel to Nazi Germany in the early stages of the Second World War.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 09:00:11 AM »

Is there even going to be a kiddie table debate next time?

He is at least two points ahead of Kasich/ Christie/ Huckabee/ Fiorina/ Rand Paul, so there's more of an argument for him in the big boy debate than many of the others.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 10:41:16 AM »
« Edited: November 21, 2015, 10:45:12 AM by dudeabides »

Saying that Jeb is unfit to be President because his brother did this that or the other is basically the equivalent of saying Kennedy was unfit to be President because his Dad advocated throwing in the towel to Nazi Germany in the early stages of the Second World War.

This

Also I hate to break it to you dudeabides but no one wants another Bush presidency it's pretty evident in the polls and endorsements and the sooner you realize that the better it will be not just for you but for every one else aa well.

The polls show he's not the front-runner, but he is still in the top 5 or 6 of 14.

Also, I don't support any statist ideas. George W. Bush fought for the policy that LIBERATED 25 million Iraqis, prevented crimes against humanity from continuing, and he made this country safer. As for the economy, Bush didn't do enough to prevent Clinton's housing bubble from collapsing, though he did try to break up Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

I know the left-wing media has tried to sell you conspiracy theories about the Bush's, but you can't believe everything you hear or read.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2015, 10:45:45 AM »

The next debate should be double digits at the main debate, everyone else at the undercard.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2015, 10:47:04 AM »

No, not yet. If he continues to slip, then he should drop out and endorse Rubio, but until then, he's still in the top 5.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2015, 12:04:54 PM »

No, I believe that Jeb is one of the front runners.  Right now you have Trump dominating all of the polls, but the party will never nominate him.  Trump is operating outside the party.  Ben Carson is polling well but he too is an outsider, no way he gets it.  What does that leave you?  Rubio, a good party man and everything but why nominate a such a young guy when you have the more experienced Jeb Bush?  Cruz, Paul, Kasich, all have good points but can the party get behind one of them?  Bush is the one candidate that every wing of the party will accept, although the right wing radio folks will be aghast.  But if he selects a Tea Party running mate, they will jump on board, just watch.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2015, 12:12:44 PM »

He's fifth out of 14 candidates you idiots, no lol.

The anti-Jeb jerk around here is astonishing. MANY more candidates are destined for the JV debate before Jeb is, sorry folks.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2015, 12:19:23 PM »

No. He should drop out and endorse Kasich.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2015, 12:22:08 PM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2015, 01:15:29 PM »

Maybe we shouldn't be using sound-byte debates as the major way to winnow candidates.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2015, 02:15:22 PM »

Maybe we shouldn't be using sound-byte debates as the major way to winnow candidates.

Then you have to exclude Trump and Cruz.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2015, 03:43:39 PM »

No. He's still high enough that he belongs in the main event.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2015, 06:05:14 PM »

If we liberated 25 million Iraqis then surely Saddam was simply trying to liberate kuwaitains in 1991?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies