Opinion of John Kasich
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:11:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of John Kasich
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Pick
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Opinion of John Kasich  (Read 2319 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2015, 06:36:41 PM »

As I've said before, the idea of Americans electing a man with a visible slouch and an inability to control his arms is deeply concerning. Luckily the real Americans and not the blinkered fools in the media have treated this badly-postured dunce with the contempt he deserves.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2015, 08:21:52 PM »

/unjerk

I legitimately do not like John Kasich. His balanced budget approach is horrifying in 2015, his holier than thou attitude truly bugs me (referencing his religion as a basis for policy in almost every speech), and his phony portrayal as a moderate after decades of being the up and coming conservative kid makes me ill.

Not to mention I can't trust someone to be President who is so arrogant they literally THROW OUT anyone who disagrees with them.

Huge HP.

/jerk

Low Energy loser, no posture, why does he wiggle his arms so much? HP

It's an amazing plan

Not when the economy is still moving sluggishly. Balancing the budget would require one of two things - a large tax hike, which Republicans don't want and would hurt the economy, or a large cut in spending, which would hurt the economy even more (especially with everything we need to accomplish in the next couple of years to keep up with the rest of the world). Balancing the budget in 2015 is a horrible idea.

I dont think Kasich's plan cuts spending enough , I would prefer the budget be slashed by 25% over the next 3 years.

why do you want to throw the american economy into a volcano?

Cutting 30% of defense, 25% of welfare, transition public pensions to private pensions, 25% of healthcare spending which dont go the medicare and medicaid wont destroy the economy.

It will.

30% of defense can be cut without any affects. If we just reform welfare where any person on welfare must attend a job training program(for jobs which pay around 45,000-50,000), 25% of welfare and healthcare costs can be cut and the economy will actually get better as more people will have better paying jobs.

Saying these things in conjunction neither makes them true nor does it make an association between them exist. Why would there be no effects from cutting a massive number of jobs out of the economy? Where are these jobs of 45,000-50,000 just going to pop up when people who are on welfare probably have little hope of attaining that. There are ways to do this, but these proposals are unrelated and make no sense.

FF for the hilarious amounts of hate he gets on here that came out of nowhere after the first debate, after a bunch of posters expressed a positive opinion of what he said.

Hey, I hated him before it was cool! He was always in my bottom 3, but the first debate made him irredeemable.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2015, 09:17:17 PM »

He was basically Scott Walker until he realized that it was easier to play the moderate card.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2015, 11:47:10 PM »

As I've said before, the idea of Americans electing a man with a visible slouch and an inability to control his arms is deeply concerning. Luckily the real Americans and not the blinkered fools in the media have treated this badly-postured dunce with the contempt he deserves.

I care not about a person's posture, I care about their policy.

I voted FF because he's trying to force his party away from extremism.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2015, 03:12:29 PM »

Focusing on a candidate's policy is truly the mark of someone naive about politics.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2015, 11:26:03 PM »

Focusing on a candidate's policy is truly the mark of someone naive about politics.

Thus those in the know would focus instead on their physical appearance, which is so much more important and relevant than, you know, what they actually plan on doing in office.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2015, 12:01:40 AM »

Great Governor, prob a decent guy, but his campaign has been pathetic. His attitude towards other candidates has been ridiculous and he comes off as an A-hole.

I think he's a lean FF but I voted HP out of protest of his erratic behavior.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2015, 12:02:41 AM »

Massive FF
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2015, 12:16:07 AM »

His fiscal policy is as extreme as it gets.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2015, 12:20:35 AM »

His fiscal policy is as extreme as it gets.

LOL
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2015, 12:25:34 AM »

/unjerk

I legitimately do not like John Kasich. His balanced budget approach is horrifying in 2015, his holier than thou attitude truly bugs me (referencing his religion as a basis for policy in almost every speech), and his phony portrayal as a moderate after decades of being the up and coming conservative kid makes me ill.

Not to mention I can't trust someone to be President who is so arrogant they literally THROW OUT anyone who disagrees with them.

Huge HP.

/jerk

It's an amazing plan

Not when the economy is still moving sluggishly. Balancing the budget would require one of two things - a large tax hike, which Republicans don't want and would hurt the economy, or a large cut in spending, which would hurt the economy even more (especially with everything we need to accomplish in the next couple of years to keep up with the rest of the world). Balancing the budget in 2015 is a horrible idea.

I dont think Kasich's plan cuts spending enough , I would prefer the budget be slashed by 25% over the next 3 years.

Cutting 30% of defense, 25% of welfare, transition public pensions to private pensions, 25% of healthcare spending which dont go the medicare and medicaid wont destroy the economy.

It will.

30% of defense can be cut without any affects. If we just reform welfare where any person on welfare must attend a job training program(for jobs which pay around 45,000-50,000), 25% of welfare and healthcare costs can be cut and the economy will actually get better as more people will have better paying jobs.

Saying these things in conjunction neither makes them true nor does it make an association between them exist. Why would there be no effects from cutting a massive number of jobs out of the economy? Where are these jobs of 45,000-50,000 just going to pop up when people who are on welfare probably have little hope of attaining that. There are ways to do this, but these proposals are unrelated and make no sense.

The welfare reform I propose actually gives the people on welfare job skills to do jobs which pay $45,000-$50,000 as they will be required to go in a job training program which gives them the skills to do those jobs. And then the minimum wage jobs can be replaced by young people in college or high school who only work part time.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2015, 12:28:14 AM »

/unjerk

Huge HP.

/jerk

It's an amazing plan

It will.

The welfare reform I propose actually gives the people on welfare job skills to do jobs which pay $45,000-$50,000 as they will be required to go in a job training program which gives them the skills to do those jobs. And then the minimum wage jobs can be replaced by young people in college or high school who only work part time.

But these mid range paying jobs don't exist... theyre not just going to be created out of nothing. And even if they did exist, you're crazy to think many of these people have the demeanor to handle it. People on welfare aren't in the minimum wage jobs now, they are on nothing with minimal prospects.

And yes, minus Medicare expansion, Kasich is far right on fiscal policy. Maxwell is correct there.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2015, 03:22:28 AM »

That Taylor Swift comment made me really dislike him as a person as well.

wow, you really hate dumb jokes then?

I'll go with FF if we are grading on the curve of this awful lot.  I've long kinda liked him, and wanted to support him but he's been a disappointment in quite a few ways.  I could see myself voting for him as even though I don't think I want him to be president, it is not as much as I don't want just about any of the others in both parties to be president. 
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2015, 11:44:51 AM »

HP. Low energy nobody and ultimate moderate hero who is not libertarian enough on social issues and not conservative enough when it comes to government spending. My least favorite Republican candidate (although I'd rather see Kasich winning the GOP nomination than Trump, since Kasich can actually win the general election and any GOP president is better than any D president).
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »

Thus those in the know would focus instead on their physical appearance, which is so much more important and relevant than, you know, what they actually plan on doing in office.

In an executive position, a candidate's personality is far more important than their policy positions, which will be 90% identical across every single candidate of the same party. If you're too lazy to buy a corset or something, how can I trust you to take on ISIS?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2015, 12:22:44 PM »

I will add to what CrabCake has said and say that Presidential temperament matters. Kasich has proven he doesn't have it.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2015, 12:09:56 PM »

Massive FF, one of the greatest GOP candidates and one of the greatest governors currently in office.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies