"How stupid are the people of Iowa?"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:03:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  "How stupid are the people of Iowa?"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "How stupid are the people of Iowa?"  (Read 2994 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 22, 2015, 12:17:22 PM »

It really is starting to look like this speech was a gamechanger, and may just go down as one of the great presidential election speeches of all time. A lot of idiots on this forum and in the media were saying that it would hurt Trump, that Trump had finally gone too far, and it turns out that, once again, they were completely wrong. Trump has only surged in the polls since then, while Carson is quickly collapsing, no just in Iowa, but across the country. So many fools on this forum, who really are terrible at political analysis it seems, called me and others hacks when we rightly pointed out what a fantastic speech it was. And now I'm happy to be vindicated.

Make America Great Again.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 12:20:46 PM »

I actually agree with Trump (Trump is far better than Carson, IMO). Trump told the truth. Too bad you can't speak the truth if you want to win presidential elections
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 12:23:10 PM »

We are seeing why Trump is a billionaire. It takes a high level of charisma and savvy to amass such a fortune, and be a TV star to boot.  Trump is a natural leader.  He does not have to play by the same rules as regular politicians.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 12:31:19 PM »

We are seeing why Trump is a billionaire. It takes a high level of charisma and savvy to amass such a fortune, and be a TV star to boot.  Trump is a natural leader.  He does not have to play by the same rules as regular politicians.

He's a moronic clown who hates freedom, hates immigrants other then one's he's been married to because they have no standards and care about money, hates capitalism, and hates America. He's not a leader, he's a coward who wants the U.S. to negotiate with terrorists and he believes Saddam Hussein should still be in power.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 12:55:54 PM »

He's a moronic clown who hates freedom, hates immigrants other then one's he's been married to because they have no standards and care about money, hates capitalism, and hates America. He's not a leader, he's a coward who wants the U.S. to negotiate with terrorists and he believes Saddam Hussein should still be in power.
I think he loves capitalism.
He will not be president, but when he gets out of the race it will be on his terms, and it will look like could have won, and that will be his symbolic victory. 
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 01:02:49 PM »

Trump is the only candidate brave enough to call out voters for being idiots rather than pander to their stupidity
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 01:21:44 PM »

Trump is the only candidate brave enough to call out voters for being idiots rather than pander to their stupidity

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Negging
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 01:24:29 PM »

I get the feeling that the MRAs of the world are going to start using Donald Trump and Jeb Bush as proof of their "theories." Talk about Trump "peacocking," "negging," etc. Jeb is the stereotypical loser nice guy who wants to play fantasy football and will never assert himself.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 01:26:09 PM »

What speech is Lief affecting an orgasm over again? Yes, I admit it. I tune Trump out. I've heard enough out of his mouth to last a lifetime, in fact several lifetimes.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 01:28:51 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2015, 01:30:25 PM by RR1997 »

Did somebody just say Donald Trump hates capitalism?

What the ?

According to Dudeabides, wanting to slightly raise taxes on the rich+protectionism=communism
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 01:29:58 PM »

What speech is Lief affecting an orgasm over again? Yes, I admit it. I tune Trump out. I've heard enough out of his mouth to last a lifetime, in fact several lifetimes.

Is this for real? This was like the greatest speech of all-time. When he got our from behind the podium and wiggled his belt?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5GhWY92Txg
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 01:33:31 PM »

The Belt of Gold Speech.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 01:44:21 PM »

I get the feeling that the MRAs of the world are going to start using Donald Trump and Jeb Bush as proof of their "theories." Talk about Trump "peacocking," "negging," etc. Jeb is the stereotypical loser nice guy who wants to play fantasy football and will never assert himself.

Yes, I've been thinking this for a while. TRUMP's hair, for example, is a a pretty expert use of "peacocking."

Donald Trump has spent his entire life with a revolving door of beautiful women, many of them models and actresses. Meanwhile, low energy beta Jeb jumped on the first woman desperate for a green card marriage he could find.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 01:47:34 PM »

It was known. They voted for Jodi Ernst after all.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 01:50:34 PM »

The Belt of Gold Speech.

Ok, it was entertaining. Trump should be a stand up comic really. Maybe he can get a job in the night club where the owner claimed he got a threatening call about what the comics said about Hillary.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 02:26:20 PM »

Holy cow, are you still going on about Trump's wife? When will you learn that its not cool to go after a politician's spouse unless they are specifically involved in something bad (and being Trump's wife isn't "bad" by itself)?

Sure, the other points raised in your post are debatable if stupid, but good lord did Melania Trump kill your dog or something?

EDIT: And Lief, the Trump shtick is getting old.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 07:23:51 PM »

What charisma? Are you talking about his hair? I didn't know that a piece of hair could have charisma. Unless you mean that throwing the Holocaust upon 11 million of latinos + the 40-50-60-70 million more who are either family relatives or friends with these latinos, as being a great sign of charisma? If that's your point, then Hitler had just as much charisma as Trump.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 07:27:33 PM »

We are seeing why Trump is a billionaire. It takes a high level of charisma and savvy to amass such a fortune, and be a TV star to boot.  Trump is a natural leader.  He does not have to play by the same rules as regular politicians.

What charisma? Are you talking about his hair? I didn't know that a piece of hair could have charisma. Unless you mean that throwing the Holocaust upon 11 million of latinos + the 40-50-60-70 million more who are either family relatives or friends with these latinos, as being a great sign of charisma? If that's your point, then Hitler had just as much charisma as Trump.

Yes, Hitler was charismatic, most people agree with that.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 07:28:43 PM »

To be fair to Trump, the people of Iowa are very stupid.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 07:30:14 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, I've been thinking this for a while. TRUMP's hair, for example, is a a pretty expert use of "peacocking."

Donald Trump has spent his entire life with a revolving door of beautiful women, many of them models and actresses. Meanwhile, low energy beta Jeb jumped on the first woman desperate for a green card marriage he could find.
[/quote]

If you were one of the richest People in the world, you wouldn't exactly have a problem marrying pretty models either. So what exactly is your point again? Every day, new stories from all over the world (one of the most recent ones coming from Swedish super model Victoria Silvstedt) are coming out about how many thousands of roses he sent to them to try to bribe them into falling for him, and how much of a disgusting, despicable cow they all thought he were. At least Victoria had one nice thing to say, that she really liked Melanie, and that she was sorry for her for what an inmense pig her husband obviously is (Victoria used to be Melania's room mate btw).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2015, 07:31:23 PM »

We are seeing why Trump is a billionaire. It takes a high level of charisma and savvy to amass such a fortune, and be a TV star to boot.  Trump is a natural leader.  He does not have to play by the same rules as regular politicians.

Very true Lief,
But that in not the only thing that Trump and Hitler have in common.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2015, 07:32:17 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL!! You just dig deeper and deeper. Anything else? If you think Hitler was charismatic, you have the soul of a pidgeon at best. No normal human being finds Hitler charismatic. Frightening yes, absolutely, just like a modern terrorist leader. But charismatic? Sorry, that's just absolute crazy talk.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2015, 07:33:06 PM »

To be fair to Trump, the people of Iowa are very stupid.

True. Though obviously not as stupid as the people of New Hampshire or South Carolina (sadly).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2015, 07:37:03 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2015, 07:38:58 PM by ProudModerate2 »

[/quote]

LOL!! You just dig deeper and deeper. Anything else? If you think Hitler was charismatic, you have the soul of a pidgeon at best. No normal human being finds Hitler charismatic. Frightening yes, absolutely, just like a modern terrorist leader. But charismatic? Sorry, that's just absolute crazy talk.
[/quote]

Most people around the world (now and at that time) .... No.
But to be fair to Lief (don't know why I would defend him), Lief is probably talking about the German people during the Third Reich.

PS: If Lief would personally describe Hitler as "charismatic," then I take everything back. He is nuts.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2015, 07:59:48 PM »

[/quote]

Most people around the world (now and at that time) .... No.
But to be fair to Lief (don't know why I would defend him), Lief is probably talking about the German people during the Third Reich.

PS: If Lief would personally describe Hitler as "charismatic," then I take everything back. He is nuts.
[/quote]

Hehehe. And that's exactly my point. Hitler was an agitator, not a charismatic leader. There's actually a clear difference between the two. A charismatic leader means that you make people mellow for you. They soften and they make themselves open their hearts, because your intellectual capacity and true heartfeltness is so out-of-this-map. Two of the best examples of inmense charisma were John F. Kennedy and Desmund Tutu. Compared to those two giants, Obama feels like a midgeon, although Obama is an extremely charismatic person as well when it comes to politicians. Obvious to say, neither Hitler nor Trump has any of the charisma that Kennedy or now Tutu has/have.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies