"How stupid are the people of Iowa?"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:10:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  "How stupid are the people of Iowa?"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "How stupid are the people of Iowa?"  (Read 2984 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2015, 08:42:16 PM »

There are many types of charisma Eric. To say "Hitler had charisma" is not an endorsement of Adolf, merely a statement of historical fact. Hitler could have never obtained the position he did if he was a charismaless dolt.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 08:58:59 PM »

How many times has Trump said things that might have caused him to implode?   Rapists and murderers from Mexico, McCain being a hero because he got captured, the Megyn Kelly dust up, the stuff about Ben Carson, the comment in this thread topic.
Any one of these things would have likely derailed the campaign of any other candidate, because most politicians get defensive and nervous and try to walk things back and inadvertently dig themselves in deeper.  Trump is too slick for that!
I believe that he will walk away from this campaign on his terms, declaring himself the symbolic winner.  Trump probably doesn't want to be president, but he wants to prove he could be.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 02:01:48 AM »

How many times has Trump said things that might have caused him to implode?   Rapists and murderers from Mexico, McCain being a hero because he got captured, the Megyn Kelly dust up, the stuff about Ben Carson, the comment in this thread topic.
Any one of these things would have likely derailed the campaign of any other candidate, because most politicians get defensive and nervous and try to walk things back and inadvertently dig themselves in deeper.  Trump is too slick for that!
I believe that he will walk away from this campaign on his terms, declaring himself the symbolic winner.  Trump probably doesn't want to be president, but he wants to prove he could be.

Why wouldn't he want to be President?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2015, 09:04:19 AM »

We are seeing why Trump is a billionaire. It takes a high level of charisma and savvy to amass such a fortune, and be a TV star to boot.  Trump is a natural leader.  He does not have to play by the same rules as regular politicians.

What charisma? Are you talking about his hair? I didn't know that a piece of hair could have charisma. Unless you mean that throwing the Holocaust upon 11 million of latinos + the 40-50-60-70 million more who are either family relatives or friends with these latinos, as being a great sign of charisma? If that's your point, then Hitler had just as much charisma as Trump.

Yes, Hitler was charismatic, most people agree with that.

LOL!! You just dig deeper and deeper. Anything else? If you think Hitler was charismatic, you have the soul of a pidgeon at best. No normal human being finds Hitler charismatic. Frightening yes, absolutely, just like a modern terrorist leader. But charismatic? Sorry, that's just absolute crazy talk.

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2015, 11:30:14 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

What charisma? Are you talking about his hair? I didn't know that a piece of hair could have charisma. Unless you mean that throwing the Holocaust upon 11 million of latinos + the 40-50-60-70 million more who are either family relatives or friends with these latinos, as being a great sign of charisma? If that's your point, then Hitler had just as much charisma as Trump.

Yes, Hitler was charismatic, most people agree with that.

LOL!! You just dig deeper and deeper. Anything else? If you think Hitler was charismatic, you have the soul of a pidgeon at best. No normal human being finds Hitler charismatic. Frightening yes, absolutely, just like a modern terrorist leader. But charismatic? Sorry, that's just absolute crazy talk.

Most people around the world (now and at that time) .... No.
But to be fair to Lief (don't know why I would defend him), Lief is probably talking about the German people during the Third Reich.

PS: If Lief would personally describe Hitler as "charismatic," then I take everything back. He is nuts.
[/quote]

Hehehe. And that's exactly my point. Hitler was an agitator, not a charismatic leader. There's actually a clear difference between the two. A charismatic leader means that you make people mellow for you. They soften and they make themselves open their hearts, because your intellectual capacity and true heartfeltness is so out-of-this-map. Two of the best examples of inmense charisma were John F. Kennedy and Desmund Tutu. Compared to those two giants, Obama feels like a midgeon, although Obama is an extremely charismatic person as well when it comes to politicians. Obvious to say, neither Hitler nor Trump has any of the charisma that Kennedy or now Tutu has/have.
[/quote]

This is not what the word charisma means. This is...not at all what the word charisma means. I'm just going to be charitable and assume that the Norwegian equivalent means that and you got confused.
Oliver King
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 08:08:03 AM »

I actually agree with Trump (Trump is far better than Carson, IMO). Trump told the truth. Too bad you can't speak the truth if you want to win presidential elections

What about Merry Christmas and Santa in our country, 85 percent Christmas trees on the market are made in China!
Oliver King
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2015, 08:11:13 AM »

We are seeing why Trump is a billionaire. It takes a high level of charisma and savvy to amass such a fortune, and be a TV star to boot.  Trump is a natural leader.  He does not have to play by the same rules as regular politicians.
What about fortune of Donald Trump, Donald Trump’s father Fred was a real estate tycoon, so Donald just succeeded his fortune and multiplied it. Thus there is no reason to call him a "self-made man". By the way, his own business, the so-called empire, has been bankrupt for 4 times.
Oliver King
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2015, 08:15:52 AM »

We are seeing why Trump is a billionaire. It takes a high level of charisma and savvy to amass such a fortune, and be a TV star to boot.  Trump is a natural leader.  He does not have to play by the same rules as regular politicians.

He's a moronic clown who hates freedom, hates immigrants other then one's he's been married to because they have no standards and care about money, hates capitalism, and hates America. He's not a leader, he's a coward who wants the U.S. to negotiate with terrorists and he believes Saddam Hussein should still be in power.

If Jeb Bush becomes our president, he will support Obamacare because he has his own profit from the realization of program and is a member of Board of Directors of huge corporation working with Obamacare ('Tenet healthcare').
Oliver King
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 08:22:59 AM »

What speech is Lief affecting an orgasm over again? Yes, I admit it. I tune Trump out. I've heard enough out of his mouth to last a lifetime, in fact several lifetimes.

The Belt of Gold Speech.

Let's see how Donald Trump and his racism will succeed in the states of so-called 'Black Belt'. Number of African-Americans is up to 40% in some cities there. I do not think Trump and his racist speeches will have success in Alabama (26,2% of black citizen), Mississippi, Tennessee or Louisiana.  Big cities like New Orleans and Baton Rouge have 60 and 50% of African-Americans respectively.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies