Rubio: Paris Attacks were a "positive development" for my campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:15:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rubio: Paris Attacks were a "positive development" for my campaign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rubio: Paris Attacks were a "positive development" for my campaign  (Read 3833 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2015, 08:45:13 PM »

If Trump had said the same thing, there would have been a whatever shrug from the same people who are crucifying Rubio. I have to agree with Rubio, it was positive in a way it will wake people up to the reality of the threat that ISIS is, it was a positive event, yep I have just said it!  Paris was bound to happen and this attack illustrates how serious we should take ISIS,  I think Rubio in a very inarticulate way, stated something that needs to be aired, ISIS is a virus that needs to, and should be eradicated.

The thing is Trump has a unique ability to control damage that would sink lesser candidates. Trump could play such a statement off as merely a flippant or irreverent little line, while Rubio is just too earnest.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 09:57:48 PM »

Trump needs to jump on this. Put it in one of his classic instagram ads, tweet it, and watch it go viral.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2015, 10:21:48 PM »

Lol

Of course a low-energy, race-traitor, xenophobe like Rubio posts something that incredibly phsychopathic and offensive. I can't wait to see TRUMP dominate this loser during the next debate.

It really does seems that when Rubio isn't regurgitating pre-scripted lines that his billionaire donor puppetmasters have written for him, he's just completely lost.

I've been saying that for a while. It's going to finish him, the only question is when.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2015, 10:39:07 PM »

Of course, I understand what Rubio said, and it makes sense, but saying it was not prudent. It sounds like he is exploiting something bad.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2015, 10:40:01 PM »

Of course, I understand what Rubio said, and it makes sense, but saying it was not prudent. It sounds like he is exploiting something bad.

Completely agree.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2015, 10:51:23 PM »

The best advice for anyone running is to stop and think before opening your mouth. The more they talk the more chance of saying something like this. You have the right to say "no comment"; anything and everything you say can and will be used against from now until the primaries/caucuses are over and if you win your party's nomination, maybe even if you win the general election. This is one use of the word "conservative" that I can agree with. Being a true conservative means being very careful.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2015, 11:02:16 PM »

Marco Rubio's presidential campaign
2015 - 2015

"I obviously am not happy about the events that happened last week in Paris, but"
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2015, 07:46:50 AM »

The best advice for anyone running is to stop and think before opening your mouth. The more they talk the more chance of saying something like this. You have the right to say "no comment"; anything and everything you say can and will be used against from now until the primaries/caucuses are over and if you win your party's nomination, maybe even if you win the general election. This is one use of the word "conservative" that I can agree with. Being a true conservative means being very careful.

But the public right now is generally turned off by careful, scripted candidates. They are responding to candidates who will "tell it like it is" whether it's Sanders or Carson or Trump precisely because they do not sound like their lines were pretested by focus groups and vetted against possible use in negative ads. The challenge for the more traditional candidates is to walk out nearer the edge away from safe, tested lines to gain some of that positive response from voters, but not over the cliff.
bertramhall
Rookie
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 08:58:44 AM »

https://twitter.com/JoeSudbay/status/668466821482323968

Is this guy a f[inks]ing psychopath?!

At the very least he's #NotReadyForPrimetime

Child of Cuban immigrants lost his mind. At least, this is blasphemy. 'Paris Attacks were a "positive development" for my campaign' - these words says the guy who used his campaign funds for private goals multiple times: for travelling and for luxury purchases.
morrisconley
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2015, 05:05:08 AM »

I hope that losing 2016 elections gonna be another positive development of his campaign. Once again. The earth is round. Anyway, i will not vote for a guy who voted for extension of the NSA mass surveillance under Patriot Act.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2015, 04:27:01 PM »

Trump needs to jump on this. Put it in one of his classic instagram ads, tweet it, and watch it go viral.

What Rubio said is accurate.

So was George Romney's "Brainwash" statement in 1967, and look how that worked out for him.

People are willing to believe that the current GOP flock wishes for foreign terror attacks to bolster their Obama-is-weak narrative.  They'll not know the value of good will until it's too late.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies