Trump: Claims he saw Arabs in New Jersey cheering during 9-11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:32:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: Claims he saw Arabs in New Jersey cheering during 9-11
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Trump: Claims he saw Arabs in New Jersey cheering during 9-11  (Read 5451 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 03:59:57 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

In capitalist America, you don't get told made-up propaganda, made-up propaganda is told by you!

Praise capitalism and the great age of Twitter where everyone is a newsman! Great things are happening!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2015, 04:24:15 PM »

The claim is reported in this video, by the way. There were, according to many, many people, people celebrating 9/11. However, the real number is closer to five-fifteen people, none the less "thousands upon thousands."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqn4BqFY-R4
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 04:37:26 PM »

This is embarrassingly false. If thousands and thousands of Muslims had cheered on the streets at 9/11, there would at least be some report of it in Jersey City. Also, I'd think that 9/11 supporters would cheer behind closed doors rather than on the streets. Idk but that's just me. If this happened in my city, I'd think this wouldn't the the first time I've heard it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2015, 01:29:57 PM »

Now Trump's people continue to double-down on Trump's false claims.
As reported by CNN today :

On Tuesday, Trump's chief counsel, Michael Cohen, stood by the comments, even as he was pressed by CNN's Chris Cuomo on the fact that there's no evidence to back up the claims and that accuracy matters in a presidential race.

Cohen said the argument over the number of people celebrating is misplaced, and that Trump was making a broader point about enemies within the United States.

"Whether it's thousands and thousands or 1,000 people or even just 1 person, it's irrelevant. To celebrate this tragedy ... it's wrong," Cohen said. "What the exact number is, I don't know, and I don't think it's relevant. What's important is that there are bad people among us."

Of course the number of supposed people that were cheering, is important !
There is a big difference between "thousands and thousands," and "one."
We don't need lies and exaggerations by Trump, to remind the American people "that there are bad people among us."
We know the obvious already.
bobloblaw
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2015, 04:01:53 PM »

I absolutely recall it happening.

It certainly happened in Gaza at the very least
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2015, 04:20:42 PM »

gaza isn't new jersey, dimwit.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2015, 04:35:12 PM »

Why was he hanging out with them? You can always tell a man by his company.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2015, 04:41:30 PM »

What the hell has happened to that party and to this country

I get that we didn't like Reagan and that the GOP has been going off the deep end for several years now, but Trump is on a whole new level.

And the worst part about it is that I don't think he believes a word of what he is saying. He's just saying it to get the power that comes with the Presidency.

If he says what he believes to be false, then he is a liar. If he says what is false, he believes it, and we know otherwise, then he is a fool.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2015, 04:46:28 PM »

Ben Carson posts here?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2015, 08:50:52 PM »

Apparently, some conservatives are claiming that this is "the video" despite being made years after 9/11, not being in New Jersey, and only really showing a couple of guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5BtQgTGOI4
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2015, 08:58:38 PM »
« Edited: November 24, 2015, 09:01:54 PM by Clarko95 »

Oh, of course, white people will watch videos of black people being outright murdered and still doubt their innocence, but instantly believe in fake videos of Muslims celebrating 9/11.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2015, 09:44:19 PM »

Apparently, some conservatives are claiming that this is "the video" despite being made years after 9/11, not being in New Jersey, and only really showing a couple of guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5BtQgTGOI4

Well if "some conservatives" think that the American people are that naive, then they (the conservatives) are the ones who look like fools.

1.) How can a video made years after 9/11, prove what Trump is claiming happened immediately after 9/11 ?
2.) The video is not shocking to me, and probably not to most Americans. If you watch the video, no one is surprised that we have a few nut-case radicals running around within our borders. So if "some conservatives" are trying to spread this video, to "redirect/deflect/divert" our attention away from what Trump really said, by shocking us (Americans) with this video, I have news for them ... it's not working.
3.) I still don't see any proof that Trump saw "thousands and thousands" of people cheering in New Jersey as the towers were falling. "Thousands and thousands" means at least 2 thousand people, and possibly more.

This is absurd if Trump thinks that people are going to believe this !
And instead of coming out and saying he (Trump) was wrong, he instead insists on looking like a idiot.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2015, 09:45:17 PM »

And plenty of Americans cheered the needless war on Iraq that killed hundreds of thousands of civilians and torture.
Bro Rogers
Rookie
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2015, 09:24:32 AM »

What a-bunch of hogwash !
He says that "it did happen," and that he "saw it with my own two eyes."
That "thousands, and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down."

"Thousands and thousands" ?!?!
Some (very few) people, maybe, but not "thousands and thousands."
You just cant believe anything that comes out of this clown's mouth.

God forbid if Donald Trump becomes our president in 2016.
Considering the fact that Donald Trump treats his company like his wallet, the US budget would become his next victim. And four bankruptcies experienced by 'empire' of Trump is the other proof. Trump is a populist so there is no need to seriously wait for him to keep his promises, believe his words etc. He uses current situation with worldwide terrorism threat and thump his chest to attract the attention.
Bro Rogers
Rookie
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2015, 09:30:06 AM »

He also tweeted fabricated crime statistics earlier this afternoon, this crime bureau doesn't actually exist

Trump is a famous racist loving to falsify facts. I have read his quote about crime in NY and I realized that this racist liar can not be trusted. To my mind, i have read the quote on huffington.
"80% of all the shootings in New York City are blacks, if you add Hispanics that figure goes to 98%, 1% white."
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2015, 07:13:22 PM »

I take the man at his word.  Trump saw what he saw.
Where was the Muslim outrage against 9-11?  I did not see a lot of outrage against the attacks on the part of Muslims.  And yet we did see a lot of celebrating in the Middle East.
And by the way, when we killed Bin Laden, I don't recall a lot of Muslims celebrating.  So basically I believe we have a trend where Muslims are sympathetic toward Jihad.
But of course, liberals tend to side with any group that can lay claim to being oppressed in some way.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2015, 09:13:48 PM »

I take the man at his word.  Trump saw what he saw.

It boggles the mind, for me to understand that there are others who actually believe that Trump saw "thousands and thousands" cheering as the towers were falling.
(As I said before) instead of just admitting to making an error, Trump and his supporters double-down on stupidity.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2015, 09:57:40 PM »

Trump just posted a link to infowars on his twitter to prove his point. Now that's indefensible.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2015, 10:02:51 PM »

Trump just posted a link to infowars on his twitter to prove his point. Now that's indefensible.

Trump campaign has always been "I want the InfoWars readers demographic"
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2015, 10:28:06 PM »

There were not "thousands", but I do recall listening to Howard Stern's show from 9/12/2001 in which it was reported by a caller (and discussed briefly by Howard and Robin) that ten/fifteen people indeed did celebrate the attacks.

I get that we didn't like Reagan and that the GOP has been going off the deep end for several years now, but Trump is on a whole new level.

And the worst part about it is that I don't think he believes a word of what he is saying. He's just saying it to get the power that comes with the Presidency.
Nothing is wrong with this country or party. Trump isn't the next Hitler, he isn't going to deport people, and he isn't going to put Muslims in the camps. Take your pearl clutching somewhere else.

So now talk radio callers are reliable sources? I remmeber this story from the time, it was a hoax.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2015, 10:39:57 PM »

There were not "thousands", but I do recall listening to Howard Stern's show from 9/12/2001 in which it was reported by a caller (and discussed briefly by Howard and Robin) that ten/fifteen people indeed did celebrate the attacks.

Nothing is wrong with this country or party. Trump isn't the next Hitler, he isn't going to deport people, and he isn't going to put Muslims in the camps. Take your pearl clutching somewhere else.

So now talk radio callers are reliable sources? I remmeber this story from the time, it was a hoax.
No, not to prove Trump's claims that there were thousands. But yes, there are repeated claims of people witnessing a handful of people celebrating (which, mind you, is their first amendment rights). Here, the Washington Post discusses the rumors, but doesn't elaborate. So yeah, there were not thousands of people celebrating. At best, Trump is confusing memories of Palestinians celebrating in Gaza with urban legends that he might have heard at the time. At worst, he is stirring up Islamaphobia, still lingering fifteen years later. I have a hard time believing that literally every single Muslim-American was mournful. There were probably a few people in Jersey City who did celebrate. Key word being "a few." Hell, they might not have even been Muslim. Plenty of Marxists and Neo-Nazis celebrating the attacks as well.

And of course, thousands upon thousands did celebrate in Palestine, Beirut, and Cairo, not that has any relevance to the topic at hand.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2015, 05:48:45 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2015, 05:52:13 PM by ProudModerate2 »

It's so hilarious to see how angry the press gets when one of their own is attacked. This reporter, I've never heard of him and probably most people never have either, is a total and complete liar who's changing his story just so he can attack Trump. No one has ever heard of this guy, no one knows what kind of disability he does or doesn't have, he's just running and hiding behind his disability so that he's not called out for being a feckless liar. And the biased media (and their puppets who eat all this stuff up without even checking it out themselves) are running to support him. It's going to be so, so sweet to watch TRUMP inevitably triumph over these losers. I really do hope the TRUMP justice department goes hard after these losers and forces them to finally start printing the truth.

Want to make sure we are clear about "the reporter." The current New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski (who has a chronic condition called arthrogryposis, which limits the movement of his arms), never wrote or reported that others saw "thousands and thousands" of people celebrating while the towers were falling.

Trump referenced a story Kovaleski wrote in 2001 when he worked for the Washington Post that said authorities had detained "a number of people" in Jersey City who had allegedly been seen celebrating. This story of just "a number of people" (yet alone thousands) was never corroborated by authorities, during further investigations after the attacks took place.

Recently, Kovaleski was interviewed about his past 2001 story, and Kovaleski said that "I certainly do not remember anyone saying that thousands or even hundreds of people were celebrating. That was not the case, as best as I can remember."

As I and others have been saying in this thread, is that no one denies that there could have been a possibility that some (very few) may have been celebrating. This could have happened in Jersey City, Detroit, Los Angeles, or anywhere else in the USA. There are traitors among us (no surprises here).

But, what we are sure did NOT happen, is that Trump (or anyone else for that matter) saw "with their own two eyes" that "thousands and thousands" of people in New Jersey (USA) were cheering as the World Trade Center towers were falling.

This Trump delusion, is what makes him look like a fool and an idiot.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2015, 04:09:19 PM »

Trump continues with his stubborn ways, and refuses to back-down on his hogwash story, according to this (Sunday) morning's debate between NBC's Chuck Todd and Donald Trump.

Here is a short-article (via WaPo) on this morning's question and answer comments, between the two :
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/11/29/the-dangerous-circular-logic-of-donald-trump/

An excerpt from the article, that I would like to post here ...
Trump's argument boils down to this: I don't care what published fact-checks say. I have heard from people on Twitter who tell me they saw the same thing I did.
Trump uses the social media response he gets to the outrageous claims he makes as justification that those claims are correct. That is, of course, ridiculous. As Chuck rightly notes, many of the people who follow Trump simply want to see the world as he sees it and function and yes-men for him.

Who are the "yes-men" on our Atlas site, who salivate and believe in every lie that Trump tells ?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2015, 08:01:22 PM »

They are not so much genuine believers as they are cynical enablers.
bobloblaw
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2015, 11:43:22 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3auKMHkZJnQ

WCBS in New York from 9-11-2001
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies