When will Trump lose the lead permanently (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:24:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  When will Trump lose the lead permanently (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: When will Donald Trump lose his lead in the Primary polls never to regain it?
By the start of December

December

January

Following the Iowa result

Following the New Hampshire result

Following Super Tuesday

He will be the nominee

He'll drop out retaining the lead

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 97

Author Topic: When will Trump lose the lead permanently  (Read 2117 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 23, 2015, 02:14:47 AM »

He's hardly invincible and yet nothing seems to have done him in yet so I'm curious as to when he's going to go down and what is going to cause it.

He doesn't actually have to go down in order to lose the nomination.  He just has to not gain much more when other candidates drop out.  30% isn't enough to win the nomination.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 02:43:34 AM »

Dean still held onto his national polling lead even as his Iowa lead collapsed, didn't he?  (Not losing it until after he lost Iowa.)

Yeah, my hunch is that January will see some crazily large shifts in Iowa and New Hampshire polling as caucus/primary day approaches (as voters in those states near judgment day, and as they start to get bombarded by non-stop ads), but that Trump will hang onto his national polling lead, not losing it until some time after the primaries start.  (Whether that happens after Iowa, after New Hampshire, or later, I don't know.)

I guess a key moment will be on Iowa caucus night, when we see how many of Trump's "unlikely voters" show up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies