Nate Silver: Dear Media, Stop Freaking Out About Donald Trump’s Polls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:56:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Nate Silver: Dear Media, Stop Freaking Out About Donald Trump’s Polls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nate Silver: Dear Media, Stop Freaking Out About Donald Trump’s Polls  (Read 9505 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 23, 2015, 02:01:25 PM »

No matter what happens with Trump, Nate Silver will end up writing an article at some point showing that he was "right" all along. Even if Trump wins, he'll argue along the same lines of when he says "Oh I wasn't wrong when I said this had a 1% chance of happening, because this was the 1 in the 100 times that it happened."
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 02:40:04 PM »

Also, he says the true Iowa numbers are realistically like this:

CANDIDATE   SUPPORT IN IOWA
Undecided          80%
Donald Trump   5%
Ben Carson   4%
Ted Cruz           3%
Marco Rubio   2%
Jeb Bush           1%
Carly Fiorina   1%
Mike Huckabee   1%
Chris Christie   1%

He's pretty much just pulling numbers out from where the sun don't shine at this point.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 06:37:21 PM »

I think Atlas is just intimidated by and jealous of Nate Silver.  It's the only reason I can think of why you people seem to have such an irrational hate boner for him.

It is understandably frustrating to a politics-based forum that someone with a spotty record is able to regurgitate the currently held understandings of pundits, even if they are later shown to be incorrect, and have his word treated as gospel every time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies