Nate Silver: Dear Media, Stop Freaking Out About Donald Trump’s Polls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:17:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Nate Silver: Dear Media, Stop Freaking Out About Donald Trump’s Polls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nate Silver: Dear Media, Stop Freaking Out About Donald Trump’s Polls  (Read 9469 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: November 23, 2015, 01:44:08 PM »

Nate Silver needs to stick to averaging polls: it's all he's good at! Every time he tries any more in depth analysis, he totally embarrasses himself. I don't know what that low energy beta's obsession with Trump is... jealousy? Some sort of sick repressed lust? Either way, I think after this election he's done. ESPN is run by smart guys; they're not going to keep funding his failure of a vanity project.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 01:51:05 PM »

Thank you Torie. I agree with you that the only honest position here is to shrug and say "I don't know." I give Trump about a 40% chance of winning this point; he is far from a lock! I just get angry when these smug know it alls, like Mr. Silver, continue to make definitive predictions and call those who disagree with them ignorants, when they've been CONSISTENTLY and DISASTROUSLY wrong for months now (if you had made bets based on Nate's odds in August, you would have lost boatloads of money by this point).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 08:40:07 PM »

I think Atlas is just intimidated by and jealous of Nate Silver.  It's the only reason I can think of why you people seem to have such an irrational hate boner for him.

Certainly not intimidated; he's a fraud. Jealous is fair; this guy's analysis is mostly garbage at this point and if he posted on the Atlas Forum he'd probably be regarded as a dumb, consistently wrong hack. But instead he's paid seven figures by ESPN to average polls.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 11:19:24 AM »

Nate Silver needs to stick to averaging polls: it's all he's good at! Every time he tries any more in depth analysis, he totally embarrasses himself. I don't know what that low energy beta's obsession with Trump is... jealousy? Some sort of sick repressed lust? Either way, I think after this election he's done. ESPN is run by smart guys; they're not going to keep funding his failure of a vanity project.

Wow, BEAUTIFUL prediction! Thank you LIEF!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies