Nate Silver: Dear Media, Stop Freaking Out About Donald Trump’s Polls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:02:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Nate Silver: Dear Media, Stop Freaking Out About Donald Trump’s Polls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nate Silver: Dear Media, Stop Freaking Out About Donald Trump’s Polls  (Read 9482 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: November 23, 2015, 01:30:06 PM »

So, we're going to rely on Nate Silver trolling when Paul Krug man gave a very strong explanation on the opposite position. Roll Eyes
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 02:29:19 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2015, 02:45:22 PM by smilo »

No matter what happens with Trump, Nate Silver will end up writing an article at some point showing that he was "right" all along. Even if Trump wins, he'll argue along the same lines of when he says "Oh I wasn't wrong when I said this had a 1% chance of happening, because this was the 1 in the 100 times that it happened."

Nothing will beat when he was wrong about the college football playoff last year. It was just an event "impossible to predict" and the committee didn't act rationally...math is great, but it doesn't beat strong human intuition.

I'm not saying Trump is anywhere near a lock to win, but he has reasserted himself as the favorite.

So, we're going to rely on Nate Silver trolling when Paul Krugman gave a very strong explanation on the opposite position. Roll Eyes

Paul Krugman is one of those guys who postures himself as an expert on everything. Some might call that a symptom of egomania. Soon, no doubt, he's going to start lecturing Muon2 and myself as to how to redistrict. Tongue

I almost missed this...thanks Max for putting in Irony Ore. Easily one of the best posts of the year! Only challenged by:
I'm receiving advice on Facebook which has been proven time and time again to be some of the best advice I can ever receive.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 02:00:14 AM »

In memory of Torie, rest his soul, I'd like to bump my favorite relevant thread he created that was not about Hillary Clinton coughing up blood and dying tomorrow. Discuss the article of 2015.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies