Just want to clairify something
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:15:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Just want to clairify something
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just want to clairify something  (Read 1408 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2015, 03:56:52 PM »

Ok, I've noticed a certain amount of confusion surrounding my gender, so I think I should clarify. I'm (almost certainly) transgender, M2F. I didn' want to say  explicitly cause it seems very stereotypical Atlas, but just thought it would be nice to say Smiley
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 11:32:50 PM »

Good to know. Do you use female pronouns?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 12:59:41 AM »

Thanks for the clarification.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 02:20:09 AM »

Good to know. Do you use female pronouns?

Yes, preferably.

Nah, not at this moment.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 03:31:31 AM »
« Edited: November 24, 2015, 03:39:06 AM by bagelman »

Congrats on coming out Smiley

Good luck with the transition.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 03:50:16 AM »

Congrats on coming out. wish you the best.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 04:20:07 AM »

I do appreciate the clarification, actually, since I've tried to use gender neutral terms to refer to you in the past out of concern I might mis-gender you. Glad you're cool with it and doing alright and all that.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 05:16:42 AM »
« Edited: November 24, 2015, 06:53:26 AM by HagridOfTheDeep »

That's the first thing you ask? What her genitals look like? I think the better thing to ask/say is "are you fully transitioned," because my limited understanding of trans issues tells me that it's more than just sex reassignment that's in play when talking about how the physical body meshes with gender identity... but I could be wrong. I guess I have no claim to be personally offended here, but asking what's down below strikes me as a pretty personal question; I always saw it as running the risk of sort of fetishizing a person and reducing one's identity to their sex organs. Plus, whether a person even feels like they need such a surgery to express their gender freely and confidently is probably complex and not something they should be cornered into explaining.

Anyway, best of luck with everything, CrabCake. Smiley I'm sorry I got a bit carried away above, lol.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 11:14:14 AM »

Again, good to know. Also, congratulations. Smiley
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 08:50:15 PM »

No, but seriously, congrats. I legit wondered if the "female" on your profile was a joke, like your location being Libya Tongue Good to know, will now refer to you as you wished.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 08:59:00 PM »

That's the first thing you ask? What her genitals look like? I think the better thing to ask/say is "are you fully transitioned," because my limited understanding of trans issues tells me that it's more than just sex reassignment that's in play when talking about how the physical body meshes with gender identity... but I could be wrong. I guess I have no claim to be personally offended here, but asking what's down below strikes me as a pretty personal question; I always saw it as running the risk of sort of fetishizing a person and reducing one's identity to their sex organs. Plus, whether a person even feels like they need such a surgery to express their gender freely and confidently is probably complex and not something they should be cornered into explaining.

Anyway, best of luck with everything, CrabCake. Smiley I'm sorry I got a bit carried away above, lol.
Oh Haggy...

The question is personal... but it wasn't asked maliciously.  In fact, I think it is often common for people who are trying to open their minds to something they've previously not been open to, to ask very pointed personal questions.  They are trying to get an accurate picture of the issue from the source.  And in doing so, it is opening their minds and educating them on the subject.

Maybe this is because they don't trust the "official" source... most of my family has only been open to gays because they knew gay people and were able to ask the questions they wanted to ask.  Pride parades and finger waving would probably have kept their minds closed.

I think it's important if I find a question too personal or offensive to just say so graciously.  They definitely understand.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 09:42:49 PM »

definitely felt the same way crabs. is it bad if i call you that? lol
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 09:47:20 PM »

Oh Haggy...

The question is personal... but it wasn't asked maliciously.  In fact, I think it is often common for people who are trying to open their minds to something they've previously not been open to, to ask very pointed personal questions.  They are trying to get an accurate picture of the issue from the source.  And in doing so, it is opening their minds and educating them on the subject.

Maybe this is because they don't trust the "official" source... most of my family has only been open to gays because they knew gay people and were able to ask the questions they wanted to ask.  Pride parades and finger waving would probably have kept their minds closed.

I think it's important if I find a question too personal or offensive to just say so graciously.  They definitely understand.

/like
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 10:25:36 PM »

Cheesy So glad to hear that you are open with your identity, CrabCake. I have been trying to come to terms with my own recently, and trying to be more open (I am MTF as well).
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 10:23:41 AM »

No, but seriously, congrats. I legit wondered if the "female" on your profile was a joke, like your location being Libya Tongue Good to know, will now refer to you as you wished.

Err actually I identify as translibyan, sh**tlord Wink
But thanks

definitely felt the same way crabs. is it bad if i call you that? lol

Sure as long as you don't confuse me with an std.

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 01:23:01 PM »

The confusion I have about you is why someone with your user name doesn't have a Maryland avatar.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies