Ted Cruz will win Iowa
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:02:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ted Cruz will win Iowa
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ted Cruz will win Iowa  (Read 2285 times)
Pandaguineapig
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2015, 04:40:56 PM »

He has the Momentum, Money, and supporters who will actually show up to a caucus. I will gladly eat my own words if imparting but I honestly can't see anyone beating Cruz in Iowa at this point
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 04:42:59 PM »

I agree Cruz is probably gonna win Iowa but I can see Donald trump possibly winning Iowa If he lasts long enough.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 04:45:14 PM »

Trump or Cruz are the most likely winners at this point, yes.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 04:45:22 PM »

I agree Cruz is probably gonna win Iowa but I can see Donald trump possibly winning Iowa If he lasts long enough.
Trump will do poorly in caucuses since polls show his supporters are usually the least educated and the least politically involved
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 05:21:41 PM »

Trump or Cruz, it'll be close either way. But with Trump winning New Hampshire and Nevada, and possibly South Carolina, Cruz will suffer the same fate as Huckabee in 2008.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 05:25:59 PM »

Yeah, his biggest rivals are Rubio or Trump
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 05:31:51 PM »

Another their prediction ill make is while Trump may win a couple primaries he will not win a single caucus
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 06:24:30 PM »

I really think Cruz will be the Republican nominee. The combination of Trump, Carson and Cruz consistently get more than a majority of the vote. The establishment candidates combined get about 25% of the vote. I think a lot of anti-establishment voters don't like Trump for multiple reasons but are not going to vote for an establishment candidate. They may be fine with Rubio being the nominee, but they are  not going to vote for him in the primaries. Trump, Carson or Cruz will be the nominee, and I don't see Carson winning and Trump is not liked by a large portion of the Republican electorate. Thus Cruz is the only one left standing.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 12:19:52 AM »

I disagree. I think Carson will win. The GOP has an evangelical Christian base in Iowa. Carson appeals the best to this group. His latest poll fall isn't due to him declining but Trump surging again. Carson will jump again in the future he isn't out yet.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 12:20:32 AM »

I disagree. I think Carson will win. The GOP has an evangelical Christian base in Iowa. Carson appeals the best to this group. His latest poll fall isn't due to him declining but Trump surging again. Carson will jump again in the future he isn't out yet.
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 12:23:38 AM »

I disagree with your disagreement. Cruz and Carson are equally effective at garnering votes from Evangelicals. Iowa's support ultimately comes down to the strongest polling evangelical at the time of the caucus. With Carson sinking, that seems to be covered by Cruz.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 12:34:38 AM »

i don't think the sink will last
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 12:36:40 AM »

Like Trump I don't think Carson has the organization to last long when the actual voting starts
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 01:04:08 AM »

i have been part of his campaign force. Never before have I seen such an organized grassroots effort. it rivals Pres. Obama's
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 01:04:53 AM »

Like Trump I don't think Carson has the organization to last long when the actual voting starts

Trump has possibly the best organization in Iowa.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 01:08:21 AM »

These RINOs don't care about facts Lief. They just want to be coddled by the Establishment and spoon fed lies about how one of their low-energy flag bearers is somehow going to be the nominee.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 01:09:20 AM »

That doesn't exist he doesn't really have any staff or organization he just has high school dropouts obsessed with the cult of personality that post support for him on breitbart
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 01:15:19 AM »

F A L S E. The people on my local committee are business professionals and military veterans (and a lot of doctors)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 01:16:34 AM »

F A L S E. The people on my local committee are business professionals and military veterans (and a lot of doctors)

And that means Mr. Rabid dog is going to win Iowa? Lol
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 01:17:07 AM »

I'm not talking about Carson I'm talking about Trump who owes his lead solely to his dominance among those without a high school diploma
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 01:18:37 AM »

oh my bad.  I have no comment haha *insert laughing face emoji*
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 06:26:45 AM »

Yeah, I think Cruz will win Iowa. Carson, Trump, and Rubio also have a shot, but I'm not so sure. Each of them would need to gather a fairly large base around them to win, obviously, and the conservative group that won Huckabee and Santorum the last two Iowa caucuses should be enough for Cruz. Then again, some will go to Carson, and those who only care about immigration and reckless insults could go to Trump. But, then again again, Carson and Trump might help Cruz by splitting the "we really don't want another career politician in the White House" group (and honestly, Cruz might snatch some of that as well, considering that he's vehemently opposed the same Gop establishment they loathe).

How does Carson appeal more that Cruz to the social conservative voting block? Carson has said varying thing about abortion, and theology (socially conservative voters care about religion), while Cruz has stayed consistent in his accross-the-board conservatism.

Carson might win, however, due to being more likeable, appealing to those who don't want a politician winning (but Trump will catch lots of that, as well), and perhaps having more "moderately-conservative" appeal than Cruz (who is labeled as an "angry extremist" more than Carson), but it won't be due to being more socially conservative. I also think Carson's open opposition to the Iraq War could help him, but that might just be a case of me projecting my views onto my analysis--a fallacy that annoys me like a barking dog at 3 AM.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2015, 07:24:50 AM »

Well this did just happen, he's 2% behind Trump now....

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/iowa/release-detail?ReleaseID=2305
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2015, 11:04:26 AM »

It's possible, but I also think Trump or Carson has a great chance to win Iowa.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2015, 11:57:30 AM »

That doesn't exist he doesn't really have any staff or organization he just has high school dropouts obsessed with the cult of personality that post support for him on breitbart

Um...what?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-donald-trumps-ground-game-looks-in-early-states-2015-11-23

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Where does this idea that Trump doesn't have a campaign organization come from?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies