Opinion of John Bel Edwards
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:36:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of John Bel Edwards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of John Bel Edwards
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: Opinion of John Bel Edwards  (Read 2552 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2015, 04:07:15 PM »

John Bel Edwards is an anti-choice, NRA approved, conservadem who won this election by appealing to the moralistic obsessions of rubes ('prostitutes over patriots' sounds like something straight out of Rove's 2004 playbook). As a liberal, I would be a hypocrite if I voted anything but HP.

It's funny that your username means "loser" in Spanish because if you had the choice in who to nominate in Louisiana, that'd be the outcome for the Democrats in the race. Tongue
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2015, 04:08:32 PM »

FF because it's funny to see the roles switched in an election campaign

How were the roles switched?

Instead of Republican winning due to a democrat president being unpopular in the state.

Its Democrat winning due to republican governor being unpopular in the state.

OR he's trying to say its funny how A democrat won by campaigning on being "pro-life", was against gay marriage, pro gun ownership and supporting oil/gas drilling.

The roles were also switched in that the Rhodes scholar, academically-inclined dude was the Republican (Vitter [though it fits Jindal as well]) whereas the integrity-driven, military guy with a strong focus on Christian valuse was a Democrat. 
perdedor

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2015, 09:24:47 PM »

John Bel Edwards is an anti-choice, NRA approved, conservadem who won this election by appealing to the moralistic obsessions of rubes ('prostitutes over patriots' sounds like something straight out of Rove's 2004 playbook). As a liberal, I would be a hypocrite if I voted anything but HP.

It's funny that your username means "loser" in Spanish because if you had the choice in who to nominate in Louisiana, that'd be the outcome for the Democrats in the race. Tongue

You're probably right, but Edwards will likely lose reelection anyway when the Republicans nominate someone who isn't a diaper fetishist. I could of passed on the cheap win if it meant running a progressive candidate. Flame away, but Edwards is anti-choice, anti-refugee, opposes marijuana legalization, and has a 98% rating from the NRA. I'm not impressed.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2015, 10:12:11 PM »

The important issue is Medicaid expansion and he supports that. If he pushes it through that's another domino.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2015, 07:20:46 PM »

FF for being pro-life, pro-gun rights, and defeating David Vitter.  But that could change once he takes office.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 07:35:31 PM »

FF for being pro-life, pro-gun rights, and defeating David Vitter.  But that could change once he takes office.
Somehow I don't think it's possible for him to un-defeat Vitter...Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies