Can Jeb Fix It?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:42:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Can Jeb Fix It?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: See above
Jeb Can Fix It!

Jeb Can't Fix It!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Can Jeb Fix It?  (Read 1841 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2015, 09:05:11 PM »

What say you?
daveosupremo
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -2.09

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 09:14:39 PM »

Of course.  Jeb would be a good president.  Possibly even a great one.  He's just not the best the GOP has this time around.
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 09:50:20 PM »

Jeb Bush is 2016's political hack. Under his presidency, we would get 4 more years of inaction and heavy spending. He has demonstrated a lack of understanding for the needs of the common American.

I cannot promise to you that any other candidate will keep their promises in office or will even make a good president. One thing I can promise you is that Jeb wouldn't and we can be thankful that he was exposed for the weak career politician that he is.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 09:50:43 PM »

Like this guy, I assume?

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 09:56:50 PM »
« Edited: November 23, 2015, 10:03:17 PM by dudeabides »

I believe Jeb Bush would be able to fix three big challenges;

1) Foreign policy - I actually don't believe Governor Bush would be exactly like his brother in foreign affairs. He'd be like him in terms of homeland security policy, but I think he'd be less likely to nation build. I think Governor Bush would be more effective than President Bush in strengthening our alliances and I think he'd be more effective than President Obama in weakening outlaw regimes like Iran and Cuba.

2) Economic - I think President Bush's economic plan would restore growth to the economy. I think the kind of tax & regulatory reform he is pushing for would pass congress and we would see positive economic growth like we did in the 1980s and 1990s once again.

3) Immigration - I think he would be more successful than Presidents Bush and Obama in passing bi-partisian immigration reform because he's been a more passionate advocate for reform than either of them, especially Obama. I think while he'd face resistance from the House Freedom Caucus, Democrats and a majority of Republicans including House Speaker Paul Ryan would support the kind of reform - border security, e-verify, a guest worker program, and a pathway to legal status - that he is proposing.

I also believe President Bush would restore hope. People are very pessimistic right now, and while the leading GOP and Democratic candidates are trying to make people fearful, Governor Bush is trying to run on a positive message and I believe he would bring out the best in people.

Jeb Bush is 2016's political hack. Under his presidency, we would get 4 more years of inaction and heavy spending. He has demonstrated a lack of understanding for the needs of the common American.

I cannot promise to you that any other candidate will keep their promises in office or will even make a good president. One thing I can promise you is that Jeb wouldn't and we can be thankful that he was exposed for the weak career politician that he is.

In Florida, Jeb Bush increased reserves by $8 billion. I get that the two prior Bush administrations spent too much - some of it was warranted, other areas were inexcusable. But I do know this: Jeb Bush will keep his word. I think both George W. Bush and Jeb Bush learned a great deal from "Read My Lips." After George H.W. Bush failed to keep his promise not to increase taxes, he lost re-election because of the economy. When George W. Bush and Jeb Bush ran for Governor, they had issues they emphasized and each one delivered on those issues when they were in office.

Many conservatives today are upset George W. Bush passed No Child Left Behind and the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan into law. Both were things he promised in 2000, and he delivered on them. With Jeb Bush, you won't get the best public speaker, you won't get someone of a new generation, and you won't get someone who has a rags to riches story. But you will get someone who is not a career politician, he spent 32 years in the private sector and just 8 years in public office. You'd also get someone who keeps their word and has integrity. 
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 10:13:13 PM »

I believe we elected the wrong Bush brother.  While George W. was kind of an a-hole, Jeb is a guy who thinks things through and is a better communicator. 
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 10:15:32 PM »

I believe we elected the wrong Bush brother.  While George W. was kind of an a-hole, Jeb is a guy who thinks things through and is a better communicator. 

If this campaign season has taught us anything, it's that W is the smart brother.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 11:14:49 PM »

I think Bush is not going to make it.
From the establishment candidates, I believe that only Rubio has a chance of catching Trump and/or Carson.
To be continued ...
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 01:15:57 AM »

no
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 01:16:38 AM »

Yes sir he can
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 01:19:12 AM »

eh
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 01:36:03 AM »

I see you read my interview in the Washington Examiner!
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 01:51:23 AM »

This forum has a problem with people idealizing their favorite candidates and then shaping them in their minds into the person they want them to be. In my opinion, it's not a sports game. If you don't at least try to remain objective, the only person you are cheating is yourself.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 02:21:56 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FEM6xbeT2I
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 04:26:22 PM »

No.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 04:57:38 PM »

http://www.mytinyphone.com/uploads/users/dseand/372505.jpg
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 05:22:26 PM »

Are you saying Jeb Bush is a pedophile? Like Jimmy Savile?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 07:21:57 PM »

No, damage is done, Trump has made scathing remarks, equivalent to Mitt Romney against Latinos. The cake is baked for Clinton to win.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 08:30:03 PM »

If this was 2000, Jeb would be a palatable candidate for Republicans.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 08:53:55 AM »

Yes. Unfortunately for Jeb, the country isn't interested in having another Bush sitting in the Oval Office.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies