White Christians No Longer a Majority in the U.S.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:31:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  White Christians No Longer a Majority in the U.S.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: White Christians No Longer a Majority in the U.S.  (Read 699 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 23, 2015, 10:05:13 PM »

How America’s Demographic Revolution Reached The Church

By Ronald Brownstein |  November 23, 2015

You must be logged in to read this quote.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 12:32:04 PM »

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.  The GOP either HAS to concede on some points (ssm/general homobigotry and pot being the obvious ones to me) or will never win the White House again.  The Dems have their own issues.  It's going to be hard to keep everybody inside their ever larger tent, impossible really, as so many inside the tent are unlikable to so many others inside the tent.  Really, an old teamster guy is only going to stay inside the same tent as the SJWs,Hipsters,non-cis,minorities,feminists and hippies for so long before he either leaves or starts killing people.  And the same for them too (more for some than others obviously).  I suppose it's possible that most people fed up with the others have already started voting for the Pubs (or stopped voting or are voting third party), many certainly have.

Still, should be fun.  Any chance for a third party to step in when the GOP hits ~14%?  It won't be the Libertarian Party, too much mud on the brand.  It would need to be a "new" thing.  I suppose the Greens would have a better chance, especially if the Dems continue the slide to being more pro-big business in the mean time.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 02:14:53 PM »

Why is this in the religion forum?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 04:06:59 PM »

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.  The GOP either HAS to concede on some points (ssm/general homobigotry and pot being the obvious ones to me) or will never win the White House again.  The Dems have their own issues.  It's going to be hard to keep everybody inside their ever larger tent, impossible really, as so many inside the tent are unlikable to so many others inside the tent.  Really, an old teamster guy is only going to stay inside the same tent as the SJWs. . .

If the SJWs would take over the Democratic party, or even become more of an influence than what they are (which is theoretically possible since they are usually academics and clique-y and politically-wired), then I would positively become an Independent, and if the GOP would cease to be run by corporate and religious authoritarians, then I would become a swing voter. But that's two huge ifs that in the foreseeable future are not likely. I would be more the teamster/union type, but I can roll my eyes and tolerate the SJWs because we both have a common enemy. If that ceases to be the case, then I, and a lot of others I presume, would rethink their party status.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 04:27:50 PM »

Good.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies