Is Ben Carson is electable
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:58:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Ben Carson is electable
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Is Ben Carson is electable  (Read 2100 times)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 24, 2015, 12:26:13 AM »
« edited: July 19, 2017, 02:19:28 PM by Silent Cal »

Do you think so
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 12:28:42 AM »

Welcome. For your initiation, I must ask you to please define the word charismatic and why Ted Cruz isn't it.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 12:32:38 AM »

You can display Carson's banner, like I am displaying Trump's.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 12:39:25 AM »

In your profile, under forum profile information, check show mock election votes.
Then go to Republican 2016 primary mock election and vote Carson.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 12:59:53 AM »

Has Atlas gotten its first real Carson voter? I had assumed they were too low information to make it past their yahoo mail splash screens.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 01:03:51 AM »
« Edited: November 24, 2015, 01:05:26 AM by Negusa Nagast »

Yes I am the first Carson voter. I am NOT low on information I am highly educated. I suspect my allure to Carson is my religiosity and distaste for career politicians.

Congratulations on your unique distinction and welcome to the forum! Given that you are highly educated, how do you reconcile this with Carson's ignorance on all important political issues? Or that he is an idiot savant? If you have a distaste for career politicians, why do you not throw your support behind the frontrunner and eventual nominee, Donald J. TRUMP?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 01:04:08 AM »

are you one of the folks that he operated on and left a sponge in their brain?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 01:11:12 AM »

If Carson and Cruz split the vote too much in Iowa, Trump can squeak on through to a win, especially if Rubio underperforms, which he might.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 01:12:17 AM »

If Carson and Cruz split the vote too much in Iowa, Trump can squeak on through to a win, especially if Rubio underperforms, which he might.
Unfortunately this could happen. I hope it doesn't
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 01:22:39 AM »

In 2008 and 2012, the evangelical candidates were able to get 40% of the vote combined in Iowa. Huckabee won with 34%, a decisive victory, but got crushed in New Hampshire afterword, and then Nevada, and then it was over by Super Tuesday. In 2012 Santorum got around 25%, only a couple of points over Romney, and it wasn't enough. If Carson and Cruz can split that 40%, Trump can win with the numbers he has right now in the polls. Carson would need to appeal to more than just the evangelicals in Iowa to carry the state and so far he isn't.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 01:25:20 AM »
« Edited: November 24, 2015, 01:28:21 AM by Ljube »

In 2008 and 2012, the evangelical candidates were able to get 40% of the vote combined in Iowa. Huckabee won with 34%, a decisive victory, but got crushed in New Hampshire afterword, and then Nevada, and then it was over by Super Tuesday. In 2012 Santorum got around 25%, only a couple of points over Romney, and it wasn't enough. If Carson and Cruz can split that 40%, Trump can win with the numbers he has right now in the polls. Carson would need to appeal to more than just the evangelicals in Iowa to carry the state and so far he isn't.

Carson can appeal to moderates too. That appeal has recently taken a hit due to MSM witch hunt and Trump jumping on the bandwagon.

Edit: Plus Carson dropped due to Paris attacks and his poor performance in the aftermath.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 01:26:24 AM »

Carson also leads in the latest primary polls in Virginia, North Carolina, and Colorado. He won't win New Hampshire, but nor will Cruz or any other staunchly conservative candidate. Carson is simply a likable man, and he can win!

Lol ok.

Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 01:27:47 AM »

Carson also leads in the latest primary polls in Virginia, North Carolina, and Colorado. He won't win New Hampshire, but nor will Cruz or any other staunchly conservative candidate. Carson is simply a likable man, and he can win!

Lol ok.

You can't pretend like he isn't likable. His favorability rating is the highest of all the candidates according to RCP and he dominates likability in Iowa (88-8)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 01:28:13 AM »

i just need to know!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 01:29:37 AM »

Lol ok.

You can't pretend like he isn't likable. His favorability rating is the highest of all the candidates according to RCP and he dominates likability in Iowa (88-8)

He is likable. That's a fact shown by his favorable rating.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 01:30:16 AM »

Carson's soft spoken nature may appeal to some Republicans, but the vast majority want an alpha male, and Trump is the only one in the race. Nor do Republicans want an idiot as their nominee; it is clear that whatever intellect Carson had as a surgeon did not transfer into economic, political, or FoPo knowledge.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 01:31:09 AM »

Carson can appeal to moderates too. That appeal has recently taken a hit due to MSM witch hunt and Trump jumping on the bandwagon.

Optics is important, though. If some negative press is enough to shave off support, then his votes weren't strongly in his camp in the first place. Trump's also been hammered by the media and pundits over these past four months and no big drop in the polls. His support is strong. That's the difference.
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 01:31:29 AM »

Carson used to seem likable and I thought he would have the strongest chance in the general election against Clinton. I can't say the same now. There are aspects like his obsessive book sales, his grain pyramids, and his ways of dealing with media scrutiny that have made him look way less appealing.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 01:32:17 AM »

Lol ok.

Because people haven't fully witnessed how incompetent he is yet. His hatred of certain religious groups and people plus his lack of policy knowledge plus his religious tinge when it comes to implementing his policies ultimately will lead to his downfall.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 01:33:11 AM »

Carson used to seem likable and I thought he would have the strongest chance in the general election against Clinton. I can't say the same now. There are aspects like his obsessive book sales, his grain pyramids, and his ways of dealing with media scrutiny that have made him look way less appealing.
1. the grain thing was a quote from decades ago that they drudged up.
2. obsessive book sales? what?
3. the media always attacks republicans the most he just decided to call them out!
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 01:33:23 AM »

> low energy
> campaign is one long book tour
> running a con scheme (see above)
> idiot savant
> no presence when surrounded by the big dogs
> refuses to attack other candidates; looks weak
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 01:35:03 AM »

Ben Carson doesn't hate certain religious groups.  None of his quotes showcase hatred.
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2015, 01:35:49 AM »

Ben Carson is one of the less attacked politicians on these forums. It's only natural that when you bring up a certain topic, people will express their disagreements if they have any.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2015, 01:36:13 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Only because Republicans lately have a bias against reality.

Still, it's always nice to be introduced to a quintessential low-information voter who somehow manages to overcome the intellectual hurdles involved with operating a profile on an internet forum. It's a bit like going to the zoo!
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2015, 01:36:29 AM »

he doesn't attack because he's too nice and his books are his job

BTW his books are excellent reads
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length