Is Ben Carson is electable (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:43:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Ben Carson is electable (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Ben Carson is electable  (Read 2126 times)
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« on: November 24, 2015, 01:31:29 AM »

Carson used to seem likable and I thought he would have the strongest chance in the general election against Clinton. I can't say the same now. There are aspects like his obsessive book sales, his grain pyramids, and his ways of dealing with media scrutiny that have made him look way less appealing.
Broken System

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 01:35:49 AM »

Ben Carson is one of the less attacked politicians on these forums. It's only natural that when you bring up a certain topic, people will express their disagreements if they have any.
Broken System

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 01:47:29 AM »

Carson used to seem likable and I thought he would have the strongest chance in the general election against Clinton. I can't say the same now. There are aspects like his obsessive book sales, his grain pyramids, and his ways of dealing with media scrutiny that have made him look way less appealing.
1. the grain thing was a quote from decades ago that they drudged up.
2. obsessive book sales? what?
3. the media always attacks republicans the most he just decided to call them out!

1. In elections, it is very common for the past to be excused because it is believed that the most recently stated opinions are the ones that the candidate believes in. This is a concept that many Trump supporters have accepted. In most situations, the past can be forgiven. The Republican party is one often touted as anti-science for their political beliefs. For Republican voters, it is discouraging to hear such an unscientific claim be made, as it allows the stereotype to grow. Carson could've easily changed his mind on such a claim, but he chose not to. A man with such illogical tendencies and stubbornness is  not one who many people want for president.

2. Although it is just a theory, some people theorize that Carson's entire candidacy is just to increase book sales. Even if this is not the case, he, more than any candidate, has focused a ton of effort into improving his brand name.

3. Yes, and it's great that he called them out. The problem was that he took it too far. If you watched some of his interviews, he showed visible distress. It even reached the point where he refused to answer what seemed to be fair questions in his "protest" of the media.
Broken System

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 02:06:06 AM »

So how do you feel about the pyramids? More to the point, what would President Carson do when his "pet theory" on any given issue goes against what all of his expert advisors tell him?
That theory isn't relevant to the presidency and I personally don't consider myself an expert on Egyptian history so i refrain from commenting. Carson wrote that so long ago it is hardly relevant today

It is relevant because he bases history and fact on religious text.. Which makes him unfit for the Presidency but that is one thing out of a giant list of things he doesn't know about.
I hate to point it out, but you have someone who is "unfit to be president" as your #5 pick for the job in your signature...

It's probably a lesser of all evils situation and he hates almost everyone running.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies