Is Ben Carson is electable (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:44:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Ben Carson is electable (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Ben Carson is electable  (Read 2155 times)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 24, 2015, 12:26:13 AM »
« edited: July 19, 2017, 02:19:28 PM by Silent Cal »

Do you think so
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 01:12:17 AM »

If Carson and Cruz split the vote too much in Iowa, Trump can squeak on through to a win, especially if Rubio underperforms, which he might.
Unfortunately this could happen. I hope it doesn't
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 01:27:47 AM »

Carson also leads in the latest primary polls in Virginia, North Carolina, and Colorado. He won't win New Hampshire, but nor will Cruz or any other staunchly conservative candidate. Carson is simply a likable man, and he can win!

Lol ok.

You can't pretend like he isn't likable. His favorability rating is the highest of all the candidates according to RCP and he dominates likability in Iowa (88-8)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 01:28:13 AM »

i just need to know!
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 01:33:11 AM »

Carson used to seem likable and I thought he would have the strongest chance in the general election against Clinton. I can't say the same now. There are aspects like his obsessive book sales, his grain pyramids, and his ways of dealing with media scrutiny that have made him look way less appealing.
1. the grain thing was a quote from decades ago that they drudged up.
2. obsessive book sales? what?
3. the media always attacks republicans the most he just decided to call them out!
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 01:35:03 AM »

Ben Carson doesn't hate certain religious groups.  None of his quotes showcase hatred.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 01:36:29 AM »

he doesn't attack because he's too nice and his books are his job

BTW his books are excellent reads
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 01:36:52 AM »

Ben Carson is one of the less attacked politicians on these forums. It's only natural that when you bring up a certain topic, people will express their disagreements if they have any.
That makes sense thank you for that!
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 01:38:07 AM »

Ben Carson doesn't hate certain religious groups.  None of his quotes showcase hatred.

Saying Muslims are rabid dogs and that Muslims contradict American values.... sounds a lot like hatred to me.
he never said muslims were rabid dogs or the second part. ENFORCING Sharia in America on the other hand, does contradict American values
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 01:46:36 AM »

its fine if they practice it, the problem is when it is enforced on Nonmuslims. That was my comment. There is nothing wrong with exerting your own religious liberty, as long as it doesn't infringe on someone else's. Do you not agree?
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 01:50:59 AM »

This part of the forum isn't for policy debate, but please keep in mind that not all of us believe that abortion for convenience is a woman's right and that only in certain cases should it be permitted....
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 01:51:39 AM »

and remember that these are valid opinions because everyone has their own reasoning which is likely valid in its own right
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 01:55:43 AM »

So how do you feel about the pyramids? More to the point, what would President Carson do when his "pet theory" on any given issue goes against what all of his expert advisors tell him?
That theory isn't relevant to the presidency and I personally don't consider myself an expert on Egyptian history so i refrain from commenting. Carson wrote that so long ago it is hardly relevant today
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 01:57:21 AM »

There's a certain like ability factor a candidate must have. It's undefinable. You either have it or you don't. Unfortunately, I fear that Ted Cruz does not, as much as I may like him! Does that make sense?
Yes, that makes perfect sense. He has this ______ aura that is hard to ignore. And it is well known that he is mostly despised by his senate colleagues.
I can't comment on his senate colleagues opinions of him, but  i Can say that I still like the senator, but prefer him in his current position or as  replacement for Senator McConnell
but thank you for understanding my abstract thoughts
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 02:10:50 AM »

it should also be important to note that the Bible doesn't say grain is stored in pyramids lol
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 02:13:20 AM »

i have no idea why you would dislike him so greatly but oh well
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 07:41:18 AM »

I'm glad the Carson supporter on this forum seems like a pretty nice person. Good for you!

I detest Carson but that's not here nor there.
Thanks!
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 07:46:31 AM »

So how do you feel about the pyramids? More to the point, what would President Carson do when his "pet theory" on any given issue goes against what all of his expert advisors tell him?
That theory isn't relevant to the presidency and I personally don't consider myself an expert on Egyptian history so i refrain from commenting. Carson wrote that so long ago it is hardly relevant today

Carson said he stands by those statements to this day, and you don't need to be an expert on Egyptian history to know that the pyramids are almost entirely solid stone with no place to put any grain.

But pyramids aside, the point was that Carson supporters keep talking about how it's okay that he has no policy knowledge whatsoever because he's a good Christian with a good moral compass, and to be a good president he just needs to surround himself with competent economic and foreign policy advisors, etc. Except here we see an example of how his mind works, and it's scary because he doesn't believe in listening to experts, or the scientific method, or basic logic. And no, the bible didn't tell him that the pyramids are full of grain. That wasn't a necessary consequence of his religious beliefs. But his particular approach to biblical literalism requires that every new piece of information that enters his brain must be bent around his interpretation of the bible. So he reverse-engineers his own pet theories that fill in the gaps between statements in the bible and facts in our present world with absurd fantasies even if that means distorting facts or refusing to acknowledge any evidence to the contrary, and he absolutely cannot be persuaded. That doesn't concern you?
This!
I have no problem with him being influenced by the Bible. He certainly does listen to experts on a variety of issues including economics and foreign policy. The media's obsession with his religious beliefs has not end because they fear his religiosity. They're making him out to be a fool because they fear him
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies