Could Marco Rubio be attempting to fulfill the White Horse Prophecy? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:14:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Could Marco Rubio be attempting to fulfill the White Horse Prophecy? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could Marco Rubio be attempting to fulfill the White Horse Prophecy?  (Read 5419 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: November 25, 2015, 01:27:00 AM »
« edited: November 25, 2015, 01:31:57 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

It isn't as if this is some fantastic conspiracy theory; there's a reason why Mormons have played an outsized role in Presidential politics, it's largely due to their belief that the Constitution is divinely inspired, which fuels the White Horse Prophecy. Whether or not it is official church doctrine is besides the point, when the Constitution is imbued with the language of divine command theory, it's going to drive some bizarre behavior.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1987/10/our-divine-constitution?lang=eng

It's almost as if this isn't bigoted at all but rather a sound assessment of a disturbing faith!

What do you mean by "outsized role"? There's only been a few Mormons who have run for even a chance at one of the two-party tickets (Mo Udall, Orrin Hatch, Jon Huntsman who barely counts as Mormon, and Mitt Romney of course). Joseph Smith ran, but as a kind of protest third-party candidate.

This kind of bigotry is like something Lawrence O'Donnell would say.

EDIT: Though I will give you the "Mormons believe that the Constitution is divinely inspired", because yes, we do. So what?

There's nothing "bigoted" about my comments; I'm simply noting that Mormons have played an outsized role in political life in the US, which is to say that they have high levels of civic engagement and, as a result, are over-represented. Obviously, this impacts their role, which is indeed outsized, in Presidential politics. Mormons compose roughly 2% of the US population and they've managed to field a major party nominee and a Senate majority leader. This is very impressive. I'm suggesting that this is for a reason, which can be found in the belief that the Constitution is divinely inspired, which is frankly creepy/unnerving and incredibly inaccurate in a historical sense. I shouldn't have to explain why this is unnerving...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies