"Cruzmentum" Does Cruz really have chance to win GOP nomination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:14:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  "Cruzmentum" Does Cruz really have chance to win GOP nomination?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Cruzmentum" Does Cruz really have chance to win GOP nomination?  (Read 2077 times)
ericpolitico
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 24, 2015, 10:03:32 PM »

A Quinnipiac University survey released Tuesday found Cruz essentially deadlocked with longtime poll-leader Trump in Iowa: Trump stood at 25 percent and Cruz at 23 percent, within the margin of error. That’s more than double Cruz’s standing in the Oct. 22 Quinnipiac poll and it follows a Sunday survey, released by CBS and YouGov, that also placed Cruz in second place in Iowa, at 21 percent, trailing Trump but beating previous Iowa leader Ben Carson.

Looks like Cruz will win Iowa, scores well in South Carolina and carry the momentum to Super Tuesday particularly in southern states (Alabama, Arkansas, Texas, Georgia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, etc)

He has favourable calendar at least till April (Blue states New England Primaries)

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 10:04:43 PM »

Unfortunately, yes.
GLPman
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:13:10 PM »

A Quinnipiac University survey released Tuesday found Cruz essentially deadlocked with longtime poll-leader Trump in Iowa: Trump stood at 25 percent and Cruz at 23 percent, within the margin of error. That’s more than double Cruz’s standing in the Oct. 22 Quinnipiac poll and it follows a Sunday survey, released by CBS and YouGov, that also placed Cruz in second place in Iowa, at 21 percent, trailing Trump but beating previous Iowa leader Ben Carson.

Looks like Cruz will win Iowa, scores well in South Carolina and carry the momentum to Super Tuesday particularly in southern states (Alabama, Arkansas, Texas, Georgia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, etc)

He has favourable calendar at least till April (Blue states New England Primaries)

You've essentially answered your own question. Cruz has surged just in time to be a formidable opponent to current-frontrunner Trump. His support has steadily increased, particularly in light of good debate performances. I would give him around a 50% chance of winning the Iowa caucus right now, if not a higher chance. Not sure if he will eventually win the nomination, but he will certainly be a top contender for it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 10:20:01 PM »

Uggggggg.
The Three Stooges (Trump/Carson/Cruz) all at the top and leading in most of the polls.
What is going on ?
What is happening to the Republican electorate ?

Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 10:23:11 PM »

Uggggggg.
The Three Stooges (Trump/Carson/Cruz) all at the top and leading in most of the polls.
What is going on ?

The deal with the devil that the Republican Party establishment signed in the 1980s and 1990s is coming back to haunt the GOP.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 10:29:30 PM »

Ted Cruz is not a stooge (nor is Trump, but that has been explained time and time again to an unlistening populace). Cruz is the only Non-Trump candidate who seems to have an actual strategy toward winning the nomination that is not based on garbage conventionial wisdom (Kasich, Bush) or a Giuliani-esqe National Campaign (Rubio, Fiorina)
ericpolitico
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 10:37:50 PM »

Lol what is Giuliani-esqe National Campaign? i think Rudy is one of the worst frontrunner and campaigner lol
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 10:39:51 PM »

Lol what is Giuliani-esqe National Campaign? i think Rudy is one of the worst frontrunner and campaigner lol

Hillary said she had to take all the Wall Street money because of 9/11. So I think H911ary wins the Gu911ani award.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 10:47:24 PM »

Definitely.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 12:16:04 AM »

No, because Republicans are not in a habit of nominating unelectable candidates. In fact, they always nominate the most electable of their candidates.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 06:45:30 AM »

I say no. Maybe he's going to be Trump's running mate. But that wouldn't be smart choice for Trump.
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 07:03:03 AM »

Yes he definitely has the potential to win the nomination with enough momentum and an Iowa win.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 07:10:56 AM »

No, because Republicans are not in a habit of nominating unelectable candidates. In fact, they always nominate the most electable of their candidates.

I too believe that Ted Cruz is too extreme in his views to have much of a chance in the general election, on the off chance that he wins the nomination.
whiplash
Rookie
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 07:44:50 AM »

Uggggggg.
What is going on ?
I agree with you. I am sorry if i insult somebody, but to my mind only rednecks or people with lack of education will vote for Trump. ''Make America a mockery again'' is more appropriate. It would be a really weird presidency. America would run more likely as a private property not as a state.
whiplash
Rookie
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 07:49:59 AM »

I hope, he will not. Ted  Cruz is a clear political radical, he organized state employees payouts shutdown. Remember? October 2013. That month, Ted Cruz, more than anyone else was insisting on ceasing governmental payouts to state employee from the budget funds. As a result of Ted Cruz efforts, 800000 state employees had to go on vacation without pay and 1,3 millions had to work free of charge.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies