Is it safe to say Cruz's cabinet will look similar to Bush's? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:38:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is it safe to say Cruz's cabinet will look similar to Bush's? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is it safe to say Cruz's cabinet will look similar to Bush's?  (Read 451 times)
daveosupremo
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -2.09

« on: November 24, 2015, 11:16:04 PM »

I mean it is pretty clear he is a classic politician and an opportunist. He does not really strike me as a true tea party purist or one really sympathetic to libertarian views. All of the advisers he has spoken too are neo-cons or affiliated with the Bush team. Am I wrong?

Yes, I think you're wrong.  He's got completely different visions for education, homeland security, and tax policy.  As far as state, defense and hhs go, they'd likely be pretty similar.
daveosupremo
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -2.09

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 12:33:39 AM »

I mean it is pretty clear he is a classic politician and an opportunist. He does not really strike me as a true tea party purist or one really sympathetic to libertarian views. All of the advisers he has spoken too are neo-cons or affiliated with the Bush team. Am I wrong?

Yes, I think you're wrong.  He's got completely different visions for education, homeland security, and tax policy.  As far as state, defense and hhs go, they'd likely be pretty similar.
Well at the end of the day, he is not really that much different from the conventional republicans when it comes to homeland security. I'll concede education. Tax policy? That doesn't really have much to do with the cabinet.
Cruz would certainly have DHS play a larger role in border security than they currently do, and has indicated support for eliminating the TSA.  If that's indicative of his philosophy of the governments role in homeland security, he'll probably have DHS downsized overall, or at least dramatically shift their priorities.  Bush would not make these changes.  He's a big hearted big government guy, at least compared to Cruz. I suppose I should have said fiscal policy, rather than tax policy, though the Secretary of the Treasury does have some influence over tax policy.  Cruz wants to tie the dollar to commodities and institute a flat tax, so he'd probably pick someone who agrees with those policies.  Bush would not. 

This is a really good question though.  I'm always curious who people would have put in their cabinets.  It'd be an interesting comparison.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies