Marco Rubio: 'Ignore' Gay Marriage Decision Because 'God's Rules Always Win' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:58:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Marco Rubio: 'Ignore' Gay Marriage Decision Because 'God's Rules Always Win' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marco Rubio: 'Ignore' Gay Marriage Decision Because 'God's Rules Always Win'  (Read 2811 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« on: November 28, 2015, 07:18:22 AM »
« edited: November 28, 2015, 07:34:58 AM by Adam T »

Rubio goes full Taliban.

Where is that glass of water for Rubio when he needs it? 

Finally, better to remain silent than to be thought a fool, than to speak up and erase all doubt.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 02:57:38 PM »

God's rules always win? I didn't realize that America was a theocracy. I would expect to hear something like this from Carson, Huckabee, or Santorum, but Rubio? I never really had much of a bone to pick with the guy, but the more I hear about him, the less appealing he is.

You couldn't have a bone to pick with Rubio as he has no (back) bone. At least not when it comes to saying 'no' to his donors.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 03:06:36 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2015, 03:10:17 PM by Adam T »

God's laws, from the bible... So I assume slavery, polygamy, marital rape, all of Leviticus are back? Right?

Hmm - makes it a bit tricky since the whole SSM issue isn't referred to.... Hmmm

See the Council of Jerusalem for discussion on provisions of the Levitical Law.

Other than what Paul said about gays (and Paul was just a man, however great he may have ended up) virtually all of the comments in the Bible that are anti homosexual (and just anti homosexual men) come from either Leviticus or Deuteronomy and that hasn't stopped the anti gay hate lobby from proclaiming that "God's Laws" need to be followed.   Of course, the vast majority of Bible thumpers have read the Bible from start to finish as little as the people who haven't read the Bible at all, so most Bible Thumpers are also completely unaware of the context of these Biblical Laws.

I understand that Jesus may have also made one anti gay comment (of course, what Jesus said wasn't formally written down until at least 40 years and as much as 100 years after he lived)  but Jesus also said "love thy neighbor as thyself"  and also made at least one other comment that can be seen as being in favor of gay rights.

Being Jewish I haven't read the New Testament in its entirety and, at most, have read and heard a few passages.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies