What minor politician do you hope makes it big? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:39:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What minor politician do you hope makes it big? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What minor politician do you hope makes it big?  (Read 2774 times)
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« on: November 27, 2015, 12:21:02 AM »
« edited: November 27, 2015, 12:39:27 AM by VPH »

Kansas State Rep. Brandon Whipple
Brandon is somebody I know pretty well on a personal level and I'd vouch to say I haven't met many politicians who care more about helping people and doing their job. He's knows the ins and outs of things and combines that with a personable attitude. He knocks just about every door in his 55% Romney district and wins by a solid 10% margin regularly. I don't know if he has aspirations at running for congress (hella uphill battle), but man would he be good on a higher level.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
Idk if he counts as "minor" per se, but he's an unknown to many folks. He's charismatic, progressive, young, and smart. I would love to see him in the senate or as a governor.

Former Wichita Mayor Carl Brewer
Carl Brewer did a pretty good job as mayor. He laid the groundwork for the revitalization that Wichita so badly needs. Moreover, he's a good guy. I'd like him to be in higher office, even thouh it would be difficult to win.

KCK Mayor Mark Holland
I don't know an awful lot about him, but I heard him speak at Washington Days (our JJ dinner) this last year and was thoroughly impressed. He's a preacher and framed his progressive rhetoric in terms of morality. It was wonderful. While Kevin Yoder isn't what most folks would call "controversial", in a good Democratic year, Holland might be able to win in KS-3.

Missouri State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal
She is very knowledgeable on issues involving systemic racism and systemic poverty.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies